IGNORED

Oliver Langford

italian dave

Mention for the ref today; what a contrast to the clown last week.

Got most things right, always in control, kept the game flowing, and no cards, I think. Todays game was no less physical than last week, if anything more hard challenges etc, but he didn't feel the need to pull out the card every 2 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Not terrible but gave Taylor nothing.

Taylor was shoved in the back when in the area and going for a header.

I actually saw the ref move his whistle to his lips. The ball landed with a city player and play continued.

2 minutes later Reading got a freekick when Brownhill nudged a player in the back going for a header.

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Got most things right, always in control, kept the game flowing, and no cards, I think. Todays game was no less physical than last week, if anything more hard challenges etc, but he didn't feel the need to pull out the card every 2 minutes. 

And that clown has struck again at Leeds. Given a harsh pen and red card to the little away team. 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It’s difficult, I admire him trying to let the game flow and not impede it with unnecessary bookings, but you run the risk of letting too much go and you end with players literally pushing people with two hands.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

I think that's harsh, but all about opinions.

That was no foul on Korey btw, not sure what all that booing was about 1st half.

Atmosphere.

Got the crowd going, but sadly the team couldn’t respond.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It’s difficult, I admire him trying to let the game flow and not impede it with unnecessary bookings, but you run the risk of letting too much go and you end with players literally pushing people with two hands.

Atmosphere.

Got the crowd going, but sadly the team couldn’t respond.

Fair point but I was there thinking "this is gonna backfire, that (innocent) player they're booing is gonna score against us"

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

I think that's harsh, but all about opinions.

That was no foul on Korey btw, not surev what all that booing was about 1st half.

I had a bad view for the Korey incident but there were numerous inconsistencies in his decisions.

There was one where Weimann very clearly had his heels clipped. He stayed on his feet but was fouled. Nothing.

Later a Reading player barely touched and fell as if he was jumping into a pool. Freekick.

Didn't see who it was but a City player clobbered in the air by 2 players- nothing.

Nudge in the back on a Reading player, foul.

Matty Taylor literally held down (a hand on each shoulder stopping him jumping) nothing. 

If he was consistent then it's not an issue, he wasn't.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I had a bad view for the Korey incident but there were numerous inconsistencies in his decisions.

There was one where Weimann very clearly had his heels clipped. He stayed on his feet but was fouled. Nothing.

Later a Reading player barely touched and fell as if he was jumping into a pool. Freekick.

Didn't see who it was but a City player clobbered in the air by 2 players- nothing.

Nudge in the back on a Reading player, foul.

Matty Taylor literally held down (a hand on each shoulder stopping him jumping) nothing. 

If he was consistent then it's not an issue, he wasn't.

I agree with those towards the end. I was screaming away at those too

Although the crowd gave him some stick, he made the correct decision with the Korey Smith incident. Smith lunged into a crazy high tackle and just, somehow, managed to injure himself in the process 

17 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

And that clown has struck again at Leeds. Given a harsh pen and red card to the little away team. 

Absolutely unbelievable how he gets a big important game like this the FOLLOWING week.

Not sure how far in advance these decisions are made, but this **** shouldn't be serving a ban for total incompetence.

7 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Was refreshing the lack of yellows though, not sure how eliasson didn't get booked going on today's standards

I must admit I laughed when I saw that. No pretence at going for the ball, straightforward rugby tackle. Yellow card all day long. On the plus side, Eliasson will get a start next week - for the Bears.

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

I must admit I laughed when I saw that. No pretence at going for the ball, straightforward rugby tackle. Yellow card all day long. On the plus side, Eliasson will get a start next week - for the Bears.

and Pack looked like he'd been on the Beers

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Absolutely unbelievable how he gets a big important game like this the FOLLOWING week.

Not sure how far in advance these decisions are made, but this **** shouldn't be near any game right now.

Try and think of something that won't remind you of him, something totally unrelated.

Like, ooh I don't know, a spinless jellyfish.

Archived