IGNORED

Oliver Langford

italian dave

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why the confused emoji @JamesBCFC ?

Because from my view it was a bad tackle on Smith. However I didn't have a great view.

Regardless the fact that there is such a disparity in views (and mine wasn't alone- the booing of the Reading player as evidence) suggests it wasn't particularly clear cut one way or the other.

So when there are clear and obvious errors stemming from inconsistencies, to say the biggest mistake is a decision not made because it wasn't obvious is one mighty stretch.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Because from my view it was a bmad tackle on Smith. However I didn't have a great view.

Regardless the fact that there is such a disparity in views (and mine wasn't alone- the booing of the Reading player as evidence) suggests it wasn't particularly clear cut one way or the other.

So when there are clear and obvious errors stemming from inconsistencies, to say the biggest mistake is a decision not made because it wasn't obvious is one mighty stretch.

Not seen it since but as soon as it happened I thought he was going to be sent off. Seemed clear to me

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because from my view it was a bad tackle on Smith. However I didn't have a great view.

Maybe it was obvious to the ref. He was a fair bit closer than the rest of us, and had a good view. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not seen it since but as soon as it happened I thought he was going to be sent off. Seemed clear to me

Everyone around where I was sat was saying they thought the only reason the Reading player wasn't shown a card is because he stayed down for a while too.

So a chunk of people having the exact opposite opinion having seen the same thing suggests it wasn't particularly obvious

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Maybe it was obvious to the ref. He was a fair bit closer than the rest of us, and had a good view. 

And he also thought it not a red card for Smith.

Then again Scott Duncan thought Hourihane committing handball should mean Villa get a penalty.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Everyone around where I was sat was saying they thought the only reason the Reading player wasn't shown a card is because he stayed down for a while too.

So a chunk of people having the exact opposite opinion having seen the same thing suggests it wasn't particularly obvious

Then again Scott Duncan thought Hourihane committing handball should mean Villa get a penalty.

You said you didn’t have a good view so maybe you and fans around you had a bad angle. People around me thought red for Smith

Watched the KS incident a few times now and on first viewing I thought it was a 50/50 but when seeing it again KS comes in with his boot shoulder high.More dangerous than I thought,the other lad was lucky he only had a split lip.Hope his injury isn't too bad but he looked in a lot of pain...

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Watched the KS incident a few times now and on first viewing I thought it was a 50/50 but when seeing it again KS comes in with his boot shoulder high.More dangerous than I thought,the other lad was lucky he only had a split lip.Hope his injury isn't too bad but he looked in a lot of pain...

Where can it be viewed?

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

https://streamable.com/xpy15

care to change your mind?

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You said you didn’t have a good view so maybe you and fans around you had a bad angle. People around me thought red for Smith

Have just posted the same on another thread. Deceptive, depending on your angle of view, but it appeared reckless at the time and his foot was very high.

18 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Having seen the replay looks like ref got it spot on -  free kick Reading as their lad got to a 50:50 ball slightly quicker.

Thought ref was OK today - maybe a couple of fouls on Taylor not given but overall fine.

I thought the referee today was poor.

But if last Saturday's ref was a 1/10, then comparatively today's was an 8/10.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

https://streamable.com/xpy15

care to change your mind?

Thanks for posting this . It’s stopped me and kids being so stroppy ! 

First time I’ve seen it . Sat in S24 and it looked a foul on smith as most people around me thought . Hence the immense booing of the ref and no 18 - that said in the heat of the moment it looked different - having seen it I can see the ref got it right as the reading player just nudges the ball  ahead of smith 

2 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

I'm abroad mate and watched a live feed.I must say I think if KS gets up it's a possible red but the injury saved him.It reminded me a bit like Freeman V Brentford our first season in the championship.

Is it possible it might be reviewed later and a ban may be issued to him?

5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I think that's harsh, but all about opinions.

That was no foul on Korey btw, not sure what all that booing was about 1st half.

Seen from the South stand it would have looked like a reading foul, but the high boot was Korey and he would have been sent off had he not been carried off!

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

This is what annoys me. If it's a foul then give the bloody foul. Too much letting things go, managing the game from refs. Just give the right decision ffs. I'm sure this might go for us at times too but wish they'd just do their jobs properly.

And if they blow and an advantage is lost, everyone goes mad at the ref and asks why he didn’t play the advantage!! 

They cant win. 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No "clear" push by Pack there other than the two being shoulder to shoulder the whole way.

The Reading players foot goes almost as high as Smith's.

Exactly this.

If he doesn’t slip the collision doesn’t happen, can see he’s going in just as high before the slip.

Archived