IGNORED

Korey Smith

wendyredredrobin

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

From my angle in the ss it looked like a high challenge from their player and Korey played the ball. Anyone get a better view to shed a light on why it was their fk, if not a red card for their player!?

It was actually Korey that went in high I thought? Was the landing that looked rough to me; knee almost looked like it buckled underneath him 

Just now, Cider red said:

From my angle in the ss it looked like a high challenge from their player and Korey played the ball. Anyone get a better view to shed a light on why it was their fk, if not a red card for their player!?

It was a high challenge from Korey which would of resulted in a red card if he didn’t go down injured. Wishing him a speedy recovery but another player to release this summer due being injury prone.

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

Think Korey was high although i just saw it as a 50-50 ball. No idea why idiots were booing the Reading bloke.

44 minutes ago, Redpool said:

It was a high challenge from Korey which would of resulted in a red card if he didn’t go down injured. Wishing him a speedy recovery but another player to release this summer due being injury prone.

:facepalm: 

Not sure what game you were watching but yes Korey’s foot was high, he won the ball, was not even close to making contact with the Reading player, then the Reading player clattered into Smith. 

Clearly, one of those that will only be resolved when we’ve all seen it about 50 times on TV. And maybe not even then. Seems it looked very different depending on one’s angle of view. About level for us in the lower Lansdown and we all thought Korey’s foot was dangerously high. It appeared reckless at the time and the consensus was that if he hadn’t been carried off, he’d have been sent off, but as I say, might come to an entirely different conclusion once it’s been shown on screen.

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Dont be daft and speak what you do not clearly know . Its a red card regardless if he goes off injured. it wasnt a red card. It was simply a free kick for the opposition. Cant wait to see him and walsh boss it next season. Good bye useless pack

20 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Dont be daft and speak what you do not clearly know . Its a red card regardless if he goes off injured. it wasnt a red card. It was simply a free kick for the opposition. Cant wait to see him and walsh boss it next season. Good bye useless pack

Unsure what you watched today but we were poor with Walsh and pack playing together - and the challenge was poor from Smith, at the very least a yellow should have been awarded. Had he not been severely injured he would have been - glad the ref showed common sense on this one 

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Was watching the match with some neutrals and they all thought it was definite red for Smith, nearly studded the Reading player in the face.

I thought the moment it happened, Korey really high though I thought the foul was dangerous play from Reading, watching the zombie Lino and the ref I am sure if Korey had been able to continue he would have been red carded for the high boot

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Wonder if any player has been red carded as he was being carried off on a stretcher ?

Yes. The last occasion was last week when a Leyton Orient player was being carried off on a stretcher with a broken leg. He was annoyed because the ref had allowed play to continue after the tackle so he threw his boot at the ref, who then showed him a red card 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've only seen it once from the Dolman, and my first thought was that the challenge was reckless and that Korey would be lucky to avoid a red.

Hopefully the replay will shed a bit more light on things.

I saw it the same, ambitious at best from Korey and unnecessary, don’t think the Reading player was much different.  I don’t think it was malicious from either player.

Saw photos online with Korey holding his knee, at the time I wasn’t sure what he had hurt. 

Edit: just saw the footage above and it looks like the Reading player slips, all I remembered from his point of view that he was raising his foot too. I don’t know why he was booed so much and even more baffled now. Harsh.

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Thankyou our resident football expert.......................and it most definitely is NOT gonna happen. Prior to his long term injury this season...........Korey played 147 times in four campaigns, hardly injury prone?  Check your facts.

Archived