IGNORED

Korey Smith

wendyredredrobin

3 hours ago, Redpool said:

It was a high challenge from Korey which would of resulted in a red card if he didn’t go down injured. Wishing him a speedy recovery but another player to release this summer due being injury prone.

Wasnt too high. The guy slipped so was quite low when contact was made. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

The more times I see it, the worse it looks from Korey tbh. Definitely dangerous, on another day I agree he could go for that.

Must agree, Korey had no business going into that tackle like that I'm afraid.

Such a shame after all his work to get back fit. Reckless at best.

At the time I thought Korey might go from my view in the Dolman. Refs wait until the players to get up to book them. For a bit I was worried it would be red. Think some of the Reading players were asking the question. I don’t know if the the injury was part of the refs decision making(it shouldn’t I know) but at the least it gave him a bit of time to think it over. 

As for Korey, just not been a great season for him. LJ is right he gives us attributes which we do miss in a lot of games. Sadly, I think injuries will cut his career short. Just has had quite a few bad ones since he has been here. Think our central midfield needs a bit of an overhaul anyway. 

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Never a red, the had the Reading player not slipped they’d of both been going in for the ball with their feet that high, then the collision probably wouldn’t of been as bad, no malice from either player.

Just because it wasn’t malicious doesn’t mean it wasn’t dangerously high and therefore a red card offence. At its highest point, Korey’s foot was extended well above his own waist.

Far from “never a red”, the fact that we are discussing it here and many of us are willing to acknowledge that our own player was at fault shows that quite clearly on another day it may well have been a red.

As terrible as it was for Korey personally, I suspect his injury actually probably saved us from a likely red card and possibly a worse result than we got.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just because it wasn’t malicious doesn’t mean it wasn’t dangerously high and therefore a red card offence. At its highest point, Korey’s foot was extended well above his own waist.

Far from “never a red”, the fact that we are discussing it here and many of us are willing to acknowledge that our own player was at fault shows that quite clearly on another day it may well have been a red.

As terrible as it was for Korey personally, I suspect his injury actually probably saved us from a likely red card and possibly a worse result than we got.

We all love Korey, but what the **** was he thinking, especially after his own injury problems.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It looks bad because if you actually watch it the Reading player is going into the challenge with his foot just as high as Smith’s, because he slips his foot comes down and clatters into Korey. So had he not slipped it would of been 2 players going in with high feet.

41 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

If you stop the video at 8 seconds in you will see it not only looks bad but is bad. Korey's foot is almost shoulder high and the Reading players foot is nowhere near as high as he is falling backwards.

Correct, only because he slips, if he hadn’t they’d of been going toe to toe.

Just now, BCFC11 said:

Correct, only because he slips, if he hadn’t they’d of been going toe to toe.

No they wouldn't. Korey's foot was shoulder high at impact and the Reading players was no more than waist high. Korey wasn't lucky because he ended up worse off and the other lad thankfully only had a split lip but it could have been a lot worse than it was.......

5 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

No they wouldn't. Korey's foot was shoulder high at impact and the Reading players was no more than waist high. Korey wasn't lucky because he ended up worse off and the other lad thankfully only had a split lip but it could have been a lot worse than it was.......

Yes because he’d slipped :facepalm: can clearly see he’s for the ball with his foot up the same as Korey is. Look at the reaction from the Reading players, and the player involved if they thought it was intended or worthy of a Red they’d have surrounded the Ref giving him pelters, yet only a couple bothered to even say anything. Fact is if he didn’t slip we wouldn’t even be talking about it as nothing would of happened.

So many different ways of looking at this. At the time, and before the actual impact, my initial reaction was disbelief that Korey was even going for it in the first place. If you look at his starting position and the amount of ground he had to cover, it was always 60-40 in the other bloke’s favour and consequently a risky challenge to attempt. He’d have done better to hold off. It was an error of judgment in that sense and probably a reflection of Korey still being a bit rusty after a long lay-off. Feel for the guy after what he’s already been through this season and desperately hope for his sake it’s not as bad as it looked.

13 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

So many different ways of looking at this. At the time, and before the actual impact, my initial reaction was disbelief that Korey was even going for it in the first place. If you look at his starting position and the amount of ground he had to cover, it was always 60-40 in the other bloke’s favour and consequently a risky challenge to attempt. He’d have done better to hold off. It was an error of judgment in that sense and probably a reflection of Korey still being a bit rusty after a long lay-off. Feel for the guy after what he’s already been through this season and desperately hope for his sake it’s not as bad as it looked.

Certainly my instinct at the time was that it was rather reckless to be flying in towards a lofted ball with his feet, while having to make up a lot of ground in a short space of time. In that area of the pitch with plenty of cover around, it was unnessarily risky.

My first reaction was red for Korey and still think it was. With that said anyone who doesn't rate the bloke anymore just watch how we played football before and after - I know Pack had a shocker but Korey brings a calmness, simplicity and drive from deep that no one else, Walsh included, offers. Our football was far better with him on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

My first reaction was red for Korey and still think it was. With that said anyone who doesn't rate the bloke anymore just watch how we played football before and after - I know Pack had a shocker but Korey brings a calmness, simplicity and drive from deep that no one else, Walsh included, offers. Our football was far better with him on the pitch.

A fit Korey is still the first name on the team sheet for me. Actually, joint first with Webster and Kalas.

Poor challenge from Korey and as I thought at the time he risked a card for sure being high and at speed.

Actually looked on the replay like the Reading player loses his footing because Pack kicks his heels.

We definitely miss Korey and talk of letting him go is utter bollocks. I hope has a swift recovery.

Archived