Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

From my angle in the ss it looked like a high challenge from their player and Korey played the ball. Anyone get a better view to shed a light on why it was their fk, if not a red card for their player!?

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

From my angle in the ss it looked like a high challenge from their player and Korey played the ball. Anyone get a better view to shed a light on why it was their fk, if not a red card for their player!?

It was actually Korey that went in high I thought? Was the landing that looked rough to me; knee almost looked like it buckled underneath him 

• Like 11

Just now, Cider red said:

It was a high challenge from Korey which would of resulted in a red card if he didn’t go down injured. Wishing him a speedy recovery but another player to release this summer due being injury prone.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Aubergine 6

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

Think Korey was high although i just saw it as a 50-50 ball. No idea why idiots were booing the Reading bloke.

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

LJ said post match that Smith was taken to hospital for an X-ray on his foot and ankle.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Think Korey was high although i just saw it as a 50-50 ball. No idea why idiots were booing the Reading bloke.

Because it was a clear bloody red card.

• Aubergine 10

Just now, Up The City! said:

Korey?

6 minutes ago, Redpool said:

It was a high challenge from Korey which would of resulted in a red card if he didn’t go down injured. Wishing him a speedy recovery but another player to release this summer due being injury prone.

Don't be silly.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Redpool said:

:facepalm: 

Not sure what game you were watching but yes Korey’s foot was high, he won the ball, was not even close to making contact with the Reading player, then the Reading player clattered into Smith. 

I've only seen it once from the Dolman, and my first thought was that the challenge was reckless and that Korey would be lucky to avoid a red.

Hopefully the replay will shed a bit more light on things.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Was watching the match with some neutrals and they all thought it was definite red for Smith, nearly studded the Reading player in the face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

He has signed a contract for next season

Clearly, one of those that will only be resolved when we’ve all seen it about 50 times on TV. And maybe not even then. Seems it looked very different depending on one’s angle of view. About level for us in the lower Lansdown and we all thought Korey’s foot was dangerously high. It appeared reckless at the time and the consensus was that if he hadn’t been carried off, he’d have been sent off, but as I say, might come to an entirely different conclusion once it’s been shown on screen.

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Dont be daft and speak what you do not clearly know . Its a red card regardless if he goes off injured. it wasnt a red card. It was simply a free kick for the opposition. Cant wait to see him and walsh boss it next season. Good bye useless pack

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

20 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Dont be daft and speak what you do not clearly know . Its a red card regardless if he goes off injured. it wasnt a red card. It was simply a free kick for the opposition. Cant wait to see him and walsh boss it next season. Good bye useless pack

Unsure what you watched today but we were poor with Walsh and pack playing together - and the challenge was poor from Smith, at the very least a yellow should have been awarded. Had he not been severely injured he would have been - glad the ref showed common sense on this one 

The ref clearly ran over with the intention of sending someone off. The fact that he didnt and they had a free kick tells me we got away with one and Korey would have been sent off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Was watching the match with some neutrals and they all thought it was definite red for Smith, nearly studded the Reading player in the face.

I thought the moment it happened, Korey really high though I thought the foul was dangerous play from Reading, watching the zombie Lino and the ref I am sure if Korey had been able to continue he would have been red carded for the high boot

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Wonder if any player has been red carded as he was being carried off on a stretcher ?

Yes. The last occasion was last week when a Leyton Orient player was being carried off on a stretcher with a broken leg. He was annoyed because the ref had allowed play to continue after the tackle so he threw his boot at the ref, who then showed him a red card 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Here’s the challenge:

https://streamable.com/xpy15

First time I have reseen this. To be fair to the Reading player it looks like he slipped, gutted for Korey. It wasn’t the same once he’d left the pitch.

Edited by Ryan_BCFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've only seen it once from the Dolman, and my first thought was that the challenge was reckless and that Korey would be lucky to avoid a red.

Hopefully the replay will shed a bit more light on things.

I saw it the same, ambitious at best from Korey and unnecessary, don’t think the Reading player was much different.  I don’t think it was malicious from either player.

Saw photos online with Korey holding his knee, at the time I wasn’t sure what he had hurt. 

Edit: just saw the footage above and it looks like the Reading player slips, all I remembered from his point of view that he was raising his foot too. I don’t know why he was booed so much and even more baffled now. Harsh.

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Thankyou our resident football expert.......................and it most definitely is NOT gonna happen. Prior to his long term injury this season...........Korey played 147 times in four campaigns, hardly injury prone?  Check your facts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Here’s the challenge:

https://streamable.com/xpy15

Thanks for this.............Yep Korey was high, but there is minimal contact with the Reading player, who goes down only because he slips, and not due to any impact. Possible yellow card? IMHO.

Edited by maxjak

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Straight Red.

Welcome to our forum Scott Duncan..........but I think we've heard enough from you already this season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Redpool said:

Wasnt too high. The guy slipped so was quite low when contact was made. 

The more times I see it, the worse it looks from Korey tbh. Definitely dangerous, on another day I agree he could go for that.

If the Reading player hadn’t slipped Smith’s boot would have probably hit him in the stomach or groin, so still a very high tackle.  

Smith was high and lucky to not make contact. Reading player slipped. Looked like a bad tackle from one of them but in the end the ref got it right (Even though he was pants for the rest of game)

Sorry but what is smith thinking going with his foot that high? Even if the reading player doesn't slip your looking at it in the chest. Should have been a straight red so we got very fortunate there in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

The more times I see it, the worse it looks from Korey tbh. Definitely dangerous, on another day I agree he could go for that.

I have to agree. From the SS you couldn`t see it properly but that shows it perfectly.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Must agree, Korey had no business going into that tackle like that I'm afraid.

Such a shame after all his work to get back fit. Reckless at best.

• Like 1

At the time I thought Korey might go from my view in the Dolman. Refs wait until the players to get up to book them. For a bit I was worried it would be red. Think some of the Reading players were asking the question. I don’t know if the the injury was part of the refs decision making(it shouldn’t I know) but at the least it gave him a bit of time to think it over. 

As for Korey, just not been a great season for him. LJ is right he gives us attributes which we do miss in a lot of games. Sadly, I think injuries will cut his career short. Just has had quite a few bad ones since he has been here. Think our central midfield needs a bit of an overhaul anyway. 

Never a red, the had the Reading player not slipped they’d of both been going in for the ball with their feet that high, then the collision probably wouldn’t of been as bad, no malice from either player.

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Never a red, the had the Reading player not slipped they’d of both been going in for the ball with their feet that high, then the collision probably wouldn’t of been as bad, no malice from either player.

Just because it wasn’t malicious doesn’t mean it wasn’t dangerously high and therefore a red card offence. At its highest point, Korey’s foot was extended well above his own waist.

Far from “never a red”, the fact that we are discussing it here and many of us are willing to acknowledge that our own player was at fault shows that quite clearly on another day it may well have been a red.

As terrible as it was for Korey personally, I suspect his injury actually probably saved us from a likely red card and possibly a worse result than we got.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just because it wasn’t malicious doesn’t mean it wasn’t dangerously high and therefore a red card offence. At its highest point, Korey’s foot was extended well above his own waist.

Far from “never a red”, the fact that we are discussing it here and many of us are willing to acknowledge that our own player was at fault shows that quite clearly on another day it may well have been a red.

As terrible as it was for Korey personally, I suspect his injury actually probably saved us from a likely red card and possibly a worse result than we got.

We all love Korey, but what the **** was he thinking, especially after his own injury problems.

I know their player slipped...but he was lucky he only had a split lip .Korey's foot was very high and he was lucky...................sorry but to me a straight red even if it wasn't malicious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It looks bad because if you actually watch it the Reading player is going into the challenge with his foot just as high as Smith’s, because he slips his foot comes down and clatters into Korey. So had he not slipped it would of been 2 players going in with high feet.

If you stop the video at 8 seconds in you will see it not only looks bad but is bad. Korey's foot is almost shoulder high and the Reading players foot is nowhere near as high as he is falling backwards.