IGNORED

DaSilva

MC RISK77

37 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

don't fancy him at all as a left or wing back. can't get past his man and no real pace.

no physical presence.

for a team that needs width desperately i don't think he's our answer

granted he's got a good first touch but he doesn't match up to the quality of 'leftie's' we've had at the club over the years

I am with you on this a bit. reminds me of Ayling a bit. Because he is good on the ball and has good close control I think he gets overrated a bit. His crossing is generally poor and think he is easy to defend in the final third as he always wants to go left and isn’t as quick as Eliasson to get away with it. 

I’d still want to buy him though. Especially for the fee rumoured. He will still get better for sure and I do reckon he is a top half champ LB. I mentioned in another thread that it is a tough position in the championship. I don’t often come away thinking Jay had a poor game. 

27 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Mepham went for £13 mill i believe

Webster worth £15 mill plus all day long.

What he’s worth doesn’t come into it tho,if he is offered a prem club with treble your wages his head will be turned and then it’s up to us to say you are staying here full stop which we will not I should imagine 

17 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I can't see any of the Chelsea loanees being here next season personally.

It will also be tough to keep hold of Webster, who looks to be premier league quality.

IMHO we will receive a fair ammount of intrest for a few of our players, unless of course we achieve the near impossible and get promoted.

I was hoping we’d buy Palmer but what is the point? Today was a great day to give him minutes to change the game and he barely warmed up. Rumoured it would cost 4m to secure his services. Think that is a good price for a young attacking midfielder but not as an impact sub. 

Kalas I have always felt is too expensive for us at present time. I had argued that not much between Kalas and Wright. I still believe that but Kalas does not make stupid mistakes while BW makes about one a game. So no Kalas would be a blow for sure but I’d place faith in Kelly and Webster. It may not work but both are potentially premier league CBs and that is what we are pushing for right?

Dasilva fee agreed but I imagine with the amount he has played we are already interested. If it was mutual I am sure we could have sealed the deal by now. Maybe I am reading too much into it but I have a feeling he may be keeping his options open. 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What he’s worth doesn’t come into it tho,if he is offered a prem club with treble your wages his head will be turned and then it’s up to us to say you are staying here full stop which we will not I should imagine 

Of course what he is worth comes into it. That is why Mepham went for 13m. He had interest the window before and they held out. They eventually got what they wanted. A prem team could be interested in him and doubling his wages. Doesn’t mean we would sell him for less than we bought him for. At the moment, financially, it would not be worth selling Webster for less than a similar fee. 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Of course what he is worth comes into it. That is why Mepham went for 13m. He had interest the window before and they held out. They eventually got what they wanted. A prem team could be interested in him and doubling his wages. Doesn’t mean we would sell him for less than we bought him for. At the moment, financially, it would not be worth selling Webster for less than a similar fee. 

What you banging on about,I said 10 million and we never paid that

28 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Mepham is 21 while Webster is 24 and pretty much his first season of being fit(touch wood) in 3 years so why you make the comparison is beyond me 

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah heard this but surely fee already agreed is irrelevant if others start showing an interest and match the fee or negotiate a higher one.

It’s the same situation as Jovic at Frankfurt, if there’s a pre-agreed fee no one else can bid on the player but the club that has him on loan. So with Jovic, Frankfurt recently optioned their clause and now will likely sell him. Hopefully that doesn’t happen with DaSilva. 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Of course it comes into it hes under contract, Mepham cost brentford notjing so £13 mill pute profit , we could end up paying £8 mill for webster so only £7 mill profit if we sell , i cannot see us selling him for anything under £15 mill 

44 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Mepham is 21 while Webster is 24 and pretty much his first season of being fit(touch wood) in 3 years so why you make the comparison is beyond me 

The point of the comparison was that Mepham had premier league interest but Brentford didn’t sell cheap just so Mepham could double his wages. We have all the leverage as we have just bought him. 

It also is not as simple as we bought for an initial 3.5m so selling him for 8m means 4.5m profit. We don’t know the terms of the add ons. We may be liable for these fees even if we sell him. I am not super clear on FFP either but there are factors involved that means sales aren’t as simple as fee sold minus fee bought equals profit. Quite sure in terms of FFP if we sold on the cheaper side that it would barely touch our budget. 

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The point of the comparison was that Mepham had premier league interest but Brentford didn’t sell cheap just so Mepham could double his wages. We have all the leverage as we have just bought him. 

It also is not as simple as we bought for an initial 3.5m so selling him for 8m means 4.5m profit. We don’t know the terms of the add ons. We may be liable for these fees even if we sell him. I am not super clear on FFP either but there are factors involved that means sales aren’t as simple as fee sold minus fee bought equals profit. Quite sure in terms of FFP if we sold on the cheaper side that it would barely touch our budget. 

All correct mate but if you have a unhappy player on your hands then you take the hit I’m afraid 

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

All correct mate but if you have a unhappy player on your hands then you take the hit I’m afraid 

We only sold Flint once we knew we were getting Webster, we'll already have a list of suitable CB's so it will become the same situation that we'll only sell Webster if we can guarantee getting one of our targets.

Archived