IGNORED

Please spare a thought for Leeds United

Curr Avon

16 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

For me....my personal issue is with the arrogance of their ******* fans. Same for the Villa fans 

Before social media we never had to really experience their arrogance....now it's thrown in everyone's faces on a weekly basis 

City aside....I'll personally take immense pleasure if both teams bottle it again this year 

Yeh but do a few posts on social media platforms represent the views and characteristics of their entire fanbases? 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s not jealousy at all. They’ve been in the third/second tiers for over 15 years but still arrogant as **** . Just have a bit of humility. 

Its just like villa. Plenty of their fans weren’t even born when they won the European cup but they can’t help themselves. 

If you get the chance , look on twitter for a recording of a villa fan ringing local radio yesterday. Along the lines of, Grealish could play for Barcelona and they’ll do better than wolves and will be in Europe next year. ✊? the lot of um. 

If we had won the European cup instead of them would we never talk about it or be proud of the club’s achievement ? 

We still celebrate the win over Bolton in the Dafwindscreensautopaint Cup ! 

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If we had won the European cup instead of them would we never talk about it or be proud of the club’s achievement ? 

Do we?

I was at both the win against Carlisle and the one against Walsall, I'm not still celebrating those wins now.

5 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

If I was an Owl I would probably prefer the Blunts to go up as they would only last one season. Leeds potentially could stay in PL. I want the Blunts to get second sorry @Owl Visiting but that would mean one of Leeds or Villa loses the play offs and that would be hilarious watching one of them meltdown. 

Yeah I get you mean about their survival chances, I've seen a couple of Wednesday fans say the same. I just can't bear to see them (the pigs) have the joy of promotion though, especially after they've recently come out of League One and then immediately overtaken us. 

Leeds is probably more irritating than upsetting in truth, as they'll receive an enormous amount of media attention if they get back in the Premier League.

One of the idiots on Talksport said the other day, that Leeds and Villa are the best two sides in the division by a mile. That's the sort of rubbish that makes me want neither of them to go back up. 

19 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Got mixed feelings because some of our legends here have big Leeds Utd connections.

Norman, Terry, Big Joe all starred for Leeds but have a hell of a lot of time for us still.

Rather Villa **** up , every time for me

No contest f##k off Villa Leeds as a city is far better than that midland cess pit the above players are legends at both clubs

Also the King Bob super Bobby Taylor came from Leeds Utd along with the great Jimmy Mann over 230 games for City.

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah I get you mean about their survival chances, I've seen a couple of Wednesday fans say the same. I just can't bear to see them (the pigs) have the joy of promotion though, especially after they've recently come out of League One and then immediately overtaken us. 

Leeds is probably more irritating than upsetting in truth, as they'll receive an enormous amount of media attention if they get back in the Premier League.

One of the idiots on Talksport said the other day, that Leeds and Villa are the best two sides in the division by a mile. That's the sort of rubbish that makes me want neither of them to go back up. 

For me it's one of the most irritating things about Talk Sport. It's all cockneys and Premier League pats on the back jobs for the wide boys. Villa and dirty leeds deserve to be in the Premier League. NO THEY DO NOT. I would really like Villa to miss out just to see them go into meltdown.

Unfortunately if we get rid of dirty leeds and there big headed fans from our league they'll be replaced by the equally lovely sheep 5haggers from across the bridge.

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

At least in their history, they have something to be proud of like League titles, FA Cup wins and European success.

Freight Rover and Third Division Championship's don't compare do they?

Jealousy because we are the eternal bottlers who aspire to play offs and promotion but can't beat bottom six teams on our own patch!

Exactly.

IMHO this thread is cringeworthy.

It screams of a jealous set of fans lapping up the momentarily lapse of a club steeped in history and success, domestic & European.

Personally I'd love to see Leeds back in the big time.

A city as proud and large as Leeds really should be hosting top flight football.

It's surely the largest 1 team city without a football club in the premier league.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Yeah of course , but to be condescending to every club in the championship gets everyone’s backs up 

22 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

We may moan about giving up sixth place to Boro', but spare a thought for Leeds United.

They lost to 2-1 to Wigan, despite going ahead and playing against 10 men for 76 minutes.

And to add insult to injury they've lost their automatic promotion spot to Sheffield United.

So, please join me in a spontaneous show of emotion for our fellow fans from West Yorkshire...

46 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Exactly.

IMHO this thread is cringeworthy.

It screams of a jealous set of fans lapping up the momentarily lapse of a club steeped in history and success, domestic & European.

Personally I'd love to see Leeds back in the big time.

A city as proud and large as Leeds really should be hosting top flight football.

It's surely the largest 1 team city without a football club in the premier league.

Some take things more seriously than others!

I’ve always had a soft spot for Leeds(yes they have more than their share of *********), loved the 70s team, and from them we got Hunter, TC and Bob Taylor, 3 of my favourite players. Plus they are a genuinely big team/sleeping giant. Support is fantastic . No one deserves to be a Prem side for any other reason than winning promotion, that said I think they would be good there. Unlike Villa !

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

At least in their history, they have something to be proud of like League titles, FA Cup wins and European success.

Freight Rover and Third Division Championship's don't compare do they?

Jealousy because we are the eternal bottlers who aspire to play offs and promotion but can't beat bottom six teams on our own patch!

Mate....I am one of the most critical people on this forum of our club and it's ambitions....

But....I can honestly say....hand on heart, I am jealous of absolutely ******* no one 

I love this club and all its failings....and small successes 

Archived