IGNORED

World Snooker Championship

Tre Bong

1 minute ago, MC26 said:

Turning the screw at just the right time. Great to see. 

Got my weekend planned around him going all the way so I sure hope he can keep this going ?

Yep......Trump purring like a Rolls Royce and Maguire all the the place - that’s what pressure does.. 

11 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I would say Judd's got one foot in the final....................Sunday could be a great day for Bristol sport ( not the capital S :cool:) !

Not sure about that Slart.........Gary Wilson is classy enough to reach the semifinals.......he can’t  be a mug...

Didn't have much in the way of luck last night but Judd still goes in level at 4-4. Some outstanding shots went unrewarded but I think Judd will be happy to get in level the way it was going.

Not sure what Wilson was up to in the 4th frame, playing on despite needing 5 snookers. Strange approach. If the intention was to frustrate Judd, it seemed to have the opposite effect with Judd winning the following frame pretty comfortably. 

I'd like to think it was just a miscalculation or due to it being his first time at this stage of the World's and a 'chance' to take a 2 frame lead over the favourite. If he tries that throughout, he's not going to win many fans. 

9 hours ago, MC26 said:

Didn't have much in the way of luck last night but Judd still goes in level at 4-4. Some outstanding shots went unrewarded but I think Judd will be happy to get in level the way it was going.

Not sure what Wilson was up to in the 4th frame, playing on despite needing 5 snookers. Strange approach. If the intention was to frustrate Judd, it seemed to have the opposite effect with Judd winning the following frame pretty comfortably. 

I'd like to think it was just a miscalculation or due to it being his first time at this stage of the World's and a 'chance' to take a 2 frame lead over the favourite. If he tries that throughout, he's not going to win many fans. 

Judd starting to "play" now, come on ,sort this boring bastard out !

Shame about the last frame of the session last night but I'm hoping he can pull away now he's 2 frames up. 

I'm not sure if it's my mind making things up after that strange decision to carry on Wilson made early on but I can't help but think that Wilson looks a bit smug now. I sense Judd feels the same too because in several frames he's done a lot of talking with the way he's playing some shots, particularly towards the end of breaks. He's always been one for a few exhibition shots once a frame is wrapped up but he seems to have even more of a swagger at the moment. 

Looking forward to it today. Particularly the evening session (presuming Judd doesn't win all 8 frames this morning which would also be nice). Football on the iPad, Snooker on the TV. Cider in the hand. 

Great start to the morning for Judd. Wilson misses a straightforward red to allow Judd to get back at the table. Wilson gets a couple of other opportunities in the frame but his potting was way off. Frame finished after Wilson needed snookers, missed a yellow then showed a bit of frustration knocking the green with his cue as he walked off to concede the frame.

Judd's at the table with a decent break chance in the next too. 

Another miss from Wilson on a black, may have got a bad connection. He's looking frustrated and it's reflecting in his shots. Judd needs to keep him frustrated here and it could be done sooner than expected. 11-7.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Awful standard this morning.

Yep......Wilson looked really nervous and Trumps normal game was simply  missing - it happens in all sport. Looking as if his game is coming back tho thankfully!

I have a tenner on Trump at 11/2 to win the Championship.......

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep......Wilson looked really nervous and Trumps normal game was simply  missing - it happens in all sport. Looking as if his game is coming back tho thankfully!

I have a tenner on Trump at 11/2 to win the Championship.......

Wilson is hanging in there mainly down to Judd being nowhere near his best.

Awesome ! That long red (?) , hit with such power, the commentators said  "other players would dislocate their shoulders, playing that" !              I loved Dennis Taylor's " what useless positioning "when he screwed back the length of the table for a yellow, the audience with ear pieces, pissed themselves ! cracking stuff.

Archived