IGNORED

Parking Advice

Dolman Block B

Morning

Ive been a season ticket holder at Ashton Gate for a very long time. 

I have a good friend who unfortunately has had a stroke and now classed as disabled. 

I am bringing him down next season and asked the club about on site parking for him. 

There is none available. 

Yesterday I dropped him close to the KFC and then parked up (eventually) some 15 minutes walk away

This even using his disabled badge. I had to do the same after the game.

Go get the car and pick him up. 

It was a bit of a nightmare tbh and don’t really want to do that every game next season

So can anyone advise or help with this please?

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Morning

I have a good friend who unfortunately has had a stroke and now classed as disabled. 

I am bringing him down next season and asked the club about on site parking for him. 

There is none available. 

Yesterday I dropped him close to the KFC and then parked up (eventually) some 15 minutes walk away

It was a bit of a nightmare tbh and don’t really want to do that every game next season

Use JustPark to reserve yourself a space on someone’s drive within 10 minutes of the ground. I believe you can even book a whole season’s worth of parking on there in advance (I’m not a STH so you’ll need to check that).

Then drop him off and drive back to your space. It’s not perfect but you’ll likely be a bit closer and your space is reserved so you won’t have the anxiety of not finding somewhere, and you won’t need to get to the ground 2 hours early!

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Use JustPark to reserve yourself a space on someone’s drive within 10 minutes of the ground. I believe you can even book a whole season’s worth of parking on there in advance (I’m not a STH so you’ll need to check that).

Then drop him off and drive back to your space. It’s not perfect but you’ll likely be a bit closer and your space is reserved so you won’t have the anxiety of not finding somewhere, and you won’t need to get to the ground 2 hours early!

Thanks for that

Never heard that before 

Hoping others will come up with better options though 

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

That’s minters

Just been on that Just Park site

Some want over £20

Not paying that and unfair as well 

Saw 1 on Friday for £128. same as the eggs - its only a rip off if you buy it.

Can get a place for under £10 for all games most of the time £7.50.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Morning

There is none available. 

Yeh, I use the road behind Ashton Storage, off Marsh road, it's double yellows but you can use your blue badge, 2mins walk to the ground, Ashton rd entrance, 

I’m in a Nailsea carpool and we use Ashton Pk school. It’s  shortish walk to AG. There is a waiting list tho.....might be worth getting on it.

tbh I’m not sure how much it cost for a season as one of our guys does all the dealings  and divides the cost between us and I can’t  remember what my contribution was............:facepalm:

When I was SLO we had a scheme in place where disabled supporters could park at Ashton Park school and then use a free shuttle minibus to the ground. I think that's still going. Gareth Torpey in the Supporter Services team looks after disabled supporters, and he should definitely be your first port of call.

1 hour ago, Dave L said:

When I was SLO we had a scheme in place where disabled supporters could park at Ashton Park school and then use a free shuttle minibus to the ground. I think that's still going. Gareth Torpey in the Supporter Services team looks after disabled supporters, and he should definitely be your first port of call.

That’s really helpful thanks 

2 hours ago, Dave L said:

I'm sure that scheme is still in operation.  The minibus drops off outside KFC several times before kick-off.

Archived