IGNORED

It really is in our hands...

The hand of RO'D

Isn't it? 

Win our remaining 4 fixtures and we're in the play offs, simple. If only it was that simple eh? 

Our away form makes me think we can do it but Derby at home worries me a little. 

What does everyone else think? It certainly would make the final game away to Hull exciting to need the win to clinch 6th! 

Whatever happens I'm extremely proud of the mentality and the attitude of the whole club, its been a fantastic season for us. 

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Isn't it? 

Win our remaining 4 fixtures and we're in the play offs, simple. If only it was that simple eh? 

Our away form makes me think we can do it but Derby at home worries me a little. 

What does everyone else think? It certainly would make the final game away to Hull exciting to need the win to clinch 6th! 

Whatever happens I'm extremely proud of the mentality and the attitude of the whole club, its been a fantastic season for us. 

It's the hope that gets you..

Be realistic- were gona fall short & lack just a bit of quality.

1 minute ago, Robert the bruce said:

Even so just to have something to play for at the correct end of the table makes this a much better season for us than any since being promoted. 

Sheff Weds were very impressive against Norwich I thought and have only lost twice since Bruce took over so that will be a tough one to win.

Derby's defence makes that a winnable game, unless we again choose to play at a pedestrian pace rather than going for it.

4 points from those two could yet be enough though.

6 games in 21 days with another on monday......if im honest i didnt think we would still be in the race after this very difficult schedule yet here we are....still in contention and still in our own hands...every players fitness is greatly improved from last season and hopefuly will continue to tell.....lets hope its still up to us after Monday...

You beat me to it!

4 to go. Tickets in hand for the lot. Me and the boy to Derby and Hull. Me on my own to Sheffield and Millwall.

Poor old Middlesbrough - pipped on the last day.

Thousands descend on Hull who endure a tense and scrappy 90 minutes. Too much time spent frantically refreshing smart phones to see Aden and his mates in 6th place......

Until up comes Webster. Max is in the box too. Last gasp corner. Across it comes deep to back post - ******* Eliasson.....

But wait. Inspired corner....

Max nods it back across 6 yard box. The whistle is in the dark man’s lips.

Webster - a true footballing centre half if ever we’ve had one - bundles it over the line.....

Cue euphoria. Strangers hugging strangers. Flick across to see how Aden’s doing. He’s ranting. At all and everyone around him.......

Plsy offs here we come..........

?

55 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Isn't it? 

I really doubt we'll win our next 4 games

59 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Isn't it? 

I think we will fall a good few points short. 

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Stranger things have happened.

Definitely,  and I can't rule it out because this season has thrown up some unexpected stuff, but when people say 'it's in our own hands',  it makes it sound really easy. It ain't!

Finishing in the top 8 is a cracking effort regardless though mind.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Be realistic - you don’t know. We have points advantage over Derby and a game advantage over Boro. We’ve won games we expected to lose and failed to win games we expected to win. If we were so far short of quality compared to our rivals we wouldn’t be going toe-to-toe with them after 42 games.

Any outcome is still very possible in this most unpredictable of divisions. So let’s not make our minds up about anything yet.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bet you didn’t think we’d beat Blades away, Boro away and Baggies at home in the space of 9 days either ...

No, I was 100% certain that would not happen and was very vocal on here that we'd lost our chance, which turned out to be wrong. We earned a second chance.  

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Isn't it? 

Winning next 4 sounds like a piece of piss, let's do it!  We need to start the run with one of our 1-0 away wins against Weds.

On a different note, I reckon you should now change your name to The hands of MO'L ...

The fact that we will be going into the last home game of the season with a realistic chance of the playoffs is a great achievement this season. It’s just a shame that if we don’t make it, it will feel like failure. 

But the fact is that I’ve left the majority of home games this season feeling that we are miles away from good enough. I haven’t been away this season anywhere near as much as I have in the past so haven’t seen the other side to us this year.

while I found the first half of last season far more entertaining, it does feel like we’ve still progressed slightly, and while we’ve had a couple of wobbles and shocking home performances, I feel we’ve avoided one of Johnson’s long abysmal runs.

after the upheaval of the close season I think this can be considered a decent season whether we finish in the playoffs or not.

in the cold light of day yesterday was a shocking result though, that for me did feel like  the game that we had to win to have a decent chance of making the playoffs

if we can go into the hull game with a sniff of the playoffs I’ll be happy

At my age I can still wait....but for how long !!  It's been a good season even though a lot of times its been frustrating and if we look back at the points we squandered, we would be top of the play offs. Something tells me, that its going to SL's plan and that next season we will see some exciting games at the Gate if Lee buys wisely in the summer. All to look forward to....not hopeful of play offs this season but will really enjoy being proved wrong. On another point, rode my 1967 Vespa to the match and home yesterday from Burnham and felt like an 18 year old.....................couldnt get one so settled for the missus ??????

Archived