IGNORED

new poster

big dosser

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Try to be as balanced as possible in your topics and be confident that you’d be able to back them up should your view be questioned.

Too many members post utter nonsense without thinking it thru..........:facepalm:

Good grief - are you taking about yourself Mr Robbored?! Your views are constantly challenged and proved to be incorrect, yet you offer zero comeback except a limp ‘laughing’ emoji ..... are you really in a position to offer ‘advice’ to a newbie such as @forestofdean ?! I think not ....

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Post what they want rather than think 'oh I should make this post balanced...' if what they posts ends up to be 'chatting shit' they'll get told so quickly enough.

Of course they will but why not try to avoid a barrage of criticism  by posting well balanced and reasonable views?

Theres plenty of shit posted on here already - we certainly don’t need anymore.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course they will but why not try to avoid a barrage of criticism  by posting well balanced and reasonable views?

I'd rather post what I believe if I think I can justify why I believe it rather than curbing it 

yes I be a true forester old butts,one of many and over the years the fanbase in the forest of dean has been growing to a good number which is great to see.can I just ask is robbored the headmaster of the forum,i always thought a forum was about free speech or am I incorrect

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Don't be so harsh on yourself...

3 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

yes I be a true forester old butts,one of many and over the years the fanbase in the forest of dean has been growing to a good number which is great to see.can I just ask is robbored the headmaster of the forum,i always thought a forum was about free speech or am I incorrect

You're learning :)

1 hour ago, forestofdean said:

No, he’s just a attention seeking old man with too much time on his hands 

Only on an OTIB  thread by  newbie can half of the posts be from,  in response to, or about  Robbored!

Welcome forestofdean - this  is a typical forum day.

17 hours ago, forestofdean said:

hi everyone

hope I will be a poster that talks sense :laugh:

a bit about myself, followed my beloved city since the  day with sir terry cooper, old fashioned east end boy so hate bloody sitting down, favourite players for me as a young lad bobby Hutchinson, mark Gavin and Colin cramb just love that effort they put in but I cant forget the Neville riley  super bob and rob partnership or the tinnion and super scotty partnership if only we could bring them back in the side.played a good standard myself ie county and Hellenic and also had a trial with the boys as a 16 year old,mr Gerry sweeny did not think I was good enough so killed my dream no hard feelings Gerry bloody Sweeney :laugh:.

always positive so lets get up for the biggest 4 or 7 games of the season and get the lads over the line.i think if we are all honest we did not exspect this at the start of the season so its great to have the excitement at the end,i think we have some great young talent the only 2 things I have said for many years we lack is a governor in the middle of the park that can strike fear into the opposition thats why my favourite player in football was Vincent jones{I know that's just let me down}also that 30 goal strike machine very rare to get hold of.i think the future is bright and when you feel a bit down and need cheering up always think of that shower of s-----on the other side

anyway that's my first post so lets get behind the lads and become the famous 12th man

Welcome Sir

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Post what they want rather than think 'oh I should make this post balanced...' if what they posts ends up to be 'chatting shit' they'll get told so quickly enough.

Exactly this. I’d rather people would just be themselves rather than out to impress or afraid to trip up. Bloody hell I’ve read some stuff but some responses are almost leaving me speechless. I don’t think people survive in the real world for long without quickly sussing out people, it’s no different on here.

Actually maybe im biased but I feel the mods and the admin do a great job on here. We encourage posters from all ages and experiences, fans from other team etc. But we do usually manage to weed out obvious posters who are here to cause upset and ones that just want to spam and troll. I’ve not ever considered acting like a school teacher and ‘marking’ someone’s post for effort or content.

21 hours ago, forestofdean said:

hi everyone

hope I will be a poster that talks sense :laugh:

a bit about myself, followed my beloved city since the  day with sir terry cooper, old fashioned east end boy so hate bloody sitting down, favourite players for me as a young lad bobby Hutchinson, mark Gavin and Colin cramb just love that effort they put in but I cant forget the Neville riley  super bob and rob partnership or the tinnion and super scotty partnership if only we could bring them back in the side.played a good standard myself ie county and Hellenic and also had a trial with the boys as a 16 year old,mr Gerry sweeny did not think I was good enough so killed my dream no hard feelings Gerry bloody Sweeney :laugh:.

always positive so lets get up for the biggest 4 or 7 games of the season and get the lads over the line.i think if we are all honest we did not exspect this at the start of the season so its great to have the excitement at the end,i think we have some great young talent the only 2 things I have said for many years we lack is a governor in the middle of the park that can strike fear into the opposition thats why my favourite player in football was Vincent jones{I know that's just let me down}also that 30 goal strike machine very rare to get hold of.i think the future is bright and when you feel a bit down and need cheering up always think of that shower of s-----on the other side

anyway that's my first post so lets get behind the lads and become the famous 12th man

:sub:

Archived