Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Think the new loan system has been bad news for Mo & quite a few others who would normally be sent out to get experience. COYR 

Edited by Simon79

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

What has happened to Mo. Scored alot of goals for Cheltenham last season. is it injuries or is the lad just not good enougn. seems strange he has not had much of a chance. 

The brief cameo I saw if him he looked quite promising but the coaching staff know more than I.

• Like 1

i think lee has some big decisions to make this summer. Mo for one plus taylor moore. looking at results plus reading reports not sure if taylor Moore is championship quality. 

Now theres one that hasnt been given a shot ...... 1.5 mill from daddies club on advive of uncle and nothing ? 

Watkins , adelukan , semenyo, all given a shot but not eisa ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i think lee has some big decisions to make this summer. Mo for one plus taylor moore. looking at results plus reading reports not sure if taylor Moore is championship quality. 

No big decision needed on Eisa, he's a natural goalscorer so well worth nurturing and persevering with as he hopefully finds his feet at this level. Most likely a loan with a January call back clause next season. Far too early to label him a poor signing who's out of his depth.

Agree about Moore though. He should be regularly outstanding in L1 if he's to force his way in at Championship level, not sure that's been the case.

When we're signing players of the quality of Kalas and Webster and have youngsters like Kelly and Vyner in his position it's very difficult to see him breaking through at AG and he's shown very little to suggest he's got it in him to do so imo.

I expect him to move on in the Summer, shame in a way because he's obviously a likeable character, but simply not good enough unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

but the coaching staff know more than I.

They know more about football and  the players  than any of us. All of them qualified coaches and former professional footballers themselves.

How many otib posters can say the same?

• Like 2

If you buy a prolific scorer in League 2 (who we could have signed for peanuts before he was signed buy Cheltenham as he scored for fun in a lower division) and don't play him it's the ultimate evidence of a poor signing. And I'm sorry to say Eisa don't even look like a headless chicken. He is far worse. His understanding of the game is abysmal and he should not have been signed.   

Edited by bristolcitysweden
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They know more about football and  the players  than any of us. All of them qualified coaches and former professional footballers themselves.

There are a fair few here that have played a decent standard, even played against pro's from time to time so I'd rate them as having a fairly good insight into what it 'takes.......

The lads 24, if he's going to make it at this level then he's going to need to kick on, and real soon. With the club seemingly favouring the younger forwards - Antoine Semayno and Saikou Janneh and on top of that we'll be in the market for the ready made product up front come the summer you would have thought his days are numbered.

He'll need to move on for the sake of his own career IMO. Just absolutely bizarre we parted with £1.5 million for him..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

There are a fair few here that have played a decent standard, even played against pro's from time to time so I'd rate them as having a fairly good insight into what it 'takes.......

I played against professional footballers, City in fact in a pre season fixture but so long ago Mabbut was playing and scored four iirc. 

Doesn’t  mean I’m qualified to criticise the decisions of LJ or his assistants but that doesn’t stop me tho........

22 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If you buy a prolific scorer in League 2 (who we could have signed for peanuts before he was signed buy Cheltenham as he scored for fun in a lower division) and don't play him it's the ultimate evidence of a poor signing. And I'm sorry to say Eisa don't even look like a headless chicken. He is far worse. His understanding of the game is abysmal and he should not have been signed.   

You seem to have good knowledge of him.. where have you seen him play?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

20 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Cheltenham and Bristol City 

50 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm sorry my Swedish friend, you can be amusing.............until you try to make a serious point?  You and I have absolutely no basis or evidence of how Mo's performing in training [Unless u have a Scandi Drone hovering above Failand], and so criticising and dismissing him is absurd and ignorant.  Might be an idea to stick to facts and puns in future IMHO.  😩

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Was told by a Gashead he played against them for southend he was woefull i think unfortunately Mo Eisa is another Engvald 

I don't know many clubs who have played all their squad at first team level in any give season, especially at this level, some players have to be nurtered before playing in the first team, doesn't mean they are not good enough, just not ready.   

7 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

What has happened to Mo. Scored alot of goals for Cheltenham last season. is it injuries or is the lad just not good enougn. seems strange he has not had much of a chance. 

One for the future.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

" They know more about football and the players than any of us. All of them qualified coaches and former professional footballers themselves. " 

I can @Robbored, see? … I've just said it, and to be honest it was quite easy. If you're gonna set challenges on here I think they need to be harder than this. 

(anyway, what have I won? :) )

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Was told by a Gashead he played against them for southend he was woefull i think unfortunately Mo Eisa is another Engvald 

Oh dear, that must've been the Eisa on the cack for them that day then! 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I played against professional footballers, City in fact in a pre season fixture but so long ago Mabbut was playing and scored four iirc. 

Doesn’t  mean I’m qualified to criticise the decisions of LJ or his assistants but that doesn’t stop me tho........

Are you sure you weren't the, erm, coach (driver) that day :) 

(soz, couldn't resist)

The more I think about last summers business, the madder I get. 1 mil spunked on Watkins, 1.5 mil splooged on Eisa, then add in Adelakun and all three of their wages and how much money have we Krakatoa-ed on those 3 alone? Could’ve put all that together and got us an actual top striker which we sorely, sorely need. We’ve gotta do better this summer. 

• Like 7

Try talking to a Fulham fan  WW - that might give you some perspective.

All clubs have good and bad signings. For the amount spent we have done well to be pushing for the play offs.

Fulham spent over £100m in the summer and arguably made their team worse.

LJ said in an interview a few weeks ago that it takes young players a long time to learn our system and he doesn't want them in the team until they're ready, that's why most of them don't get many games in their first season (like eg Elliasson). It doesn't mean he hasn't got a future here, when other players leave players like him will be expected to replace them (at least partially).

• Thanks 1

I don't think Moore or Eisa were LJ signings. It's too early to know if either are bad signings.

Moore is 21 and has played regularly all season in league one. He's nowhere near his prime.

Eisa has jumped up about 6 divisions in 2 seasons. Everyone develops at different rates.

Even if they both fail to ever be good enough for us, we can at least sell them and make a bit of our money back. We can't get all the punts right like Walsh, Eliasson and O'Dowda.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

you don't like the johnsons do you?

Not at all , quite like gj and have warmed to lj .Respect the pair of them for tye job theyve done/doing at city, I'm just not stupid enough to think that all transfers are 100 % for footballing reasons shall we say ...

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Cheltenham and Bristol City 

The whole 25 minutes in a City shirt?? Well that seems ample to judge him

4 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

So a supporter of a rival team told you that a 16 year old had a bad game during a preseason friendly and you’ve used that to form your opinion on him, 8 years later? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Needs a big clear out to many brought in for the future and will never feature in the 1st team regularly. We seem to have a habbit of buying players only for them to be forgotten about.

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

Weren't there similar threads this time last year about Eliasson not being given a chance?

But Eliasson played 18 games last season and was at least given a chance to test himself. Something Eisa has certainly not been given.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

But Eliasson played 18 games last season and was at least given a chance to test himself. Something Eisa has certainly not been given.

Sure. They're not exactly comparable but my point is more that many on here had written Eliasson off and he has been rejuvenated in his second season here. 

The same may happen with Eisa, who knows? It just too early to suggest. He hasn't failed here just because he isn't integrated into the first team in his first year here. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Sure. They're not exactly comparable but my point is more that many on here had written Eliasson off and he has been rejuvenated in his second season here. 

The same may happen with Eisa, who knows? It just too early to suggest. He hasn't failed here just because he isn't integrated into the first team in his first year here. 

Yes I guess we're in agreement about the hasty writing-off that is all over OTIB at times. 

Just frustrating that Eliasson was given games to adjust and to get used to the pace but Eisa and Adelakun have not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Surely all of us must have been on Chelsea's books at some point in time

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Yes I guess we're in agreement about the hasty writing-off that is all over OTIB at times. 

Just frustrating that Eliasson was given games to adjust and to get used to the pace but Eisa and Adelakun have not.

Eisa and Adelakun both had injuries that Eliasson didn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Only people to benefit from the Mo transfer was LJ and Dad!!!

nice little earner.

Details/evidence, or just sniping?

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Eisa and Adelakun both had injuries that Eliasson didn't.

True and we do have a much bigger squad than last year. Still slightly disappointing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

True and we do have a much bigger squad than last year. Still slightly disappointing.

We also had more games last season and a stretch of about 2 months with 7+ players injured at once.

On 21/04/2019 at 07:44, Simon79 said:

Think the new loan system has been bad news for Mo & quite a few others who would normally be sent out to get experience. COYR 

I thought the new loan rules hadn't come in yet? I remember FIFA debating it a while ago- something different in EFL?

On Eisa in general, couldn't we have loaned him out in January- especially with the return of Semenyo?

Feel unless our hands were tied, that we've affected not only his development but if not for here, resale value.

His value will have diminished through lack of game time, lack of profile. His development will have been hit through lack of minutes.

Adelakun, I can sort of get a bit more as he's younger, he has note time on his side. Plus financially, he was stuck in limbo a bit as we owed Scunthorpe compensation which wasn't finalised until about early March was it?

Had we loaned him to League One and he flourished, this would have been factored into negotiations for compensation, perhaps even pushing it closer to arbitration, so us keeping him under wraps probably made some financial sense?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

21 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

The more I think about last summers business, the madder I get. 1 mil spunked on Watkins, 1.5 mil splooged on Eisa, then add in Adelakun and all three of their wages and how much money have we Krakatoa-ed on those 3 alone? Could’ve put all that together and got us an actual top striker which we sorely, sorely need. We’ve gotta do better this summer. 

Listen WW, this is all part of our new 'Sustainabilty' transfer policy. We buy low energy players to reduce our carbon footprint. Who cares about a few million quid when you can save the planet? 🤗

Eisa went from a middling to struggling League 2 side to a possible playoff championship side. A year after playing below conference north/south. You can cite his age but doesn’t mean he doesn’t have loads to learn tactically to make it at this level. 

I am not saying he makes it at City and odds would point to he won’t. That said, I am not writing him off just yet. We don’t know his personality or how far off he is. He could be just behind Matty Taylor for all we know but MT is trusted because he is more experienced. May talk about Semenyo but he is more of a physical presence which we don’t have. 

For 1.5m, even if all he ever is for us is an impact sub it is money well spent. Also, his wages won’t be killing us either. As long as his fee doesn’t mean pressure to play him over Hinds, Semenyo or Janneh if they are better then I am happy to see how he develops over next season. 

Also on the point of Taylor Moore, he is the same age as Vyner with the same if not more versatility(think he could play in midfield). He is only playing a level below Vyner at the moment. He is another where time is on his side and won’t be costing us much. Again, I am not sure he makes it at City but feel we are writing players off on OTIB way too soon. I get we could have bought none and used those resources on one better player for our starting XI but it just isn’t how the club operates. The club wants to develop elite players so we have them without spending 10m+ and 20k+ pw. So the 1-2m and 2-5k on wages on a few prospects is part of the growth of the club. They won’t all come off but even when they don’t work out we won’t lose out too much. Example Taylor Moore cost 1.5m 3 seasons ago. If we sold him for 750k this summer it would look like a 750k loss but for FFP purposes would mean a small profit. Because of the age we can still expect a decent fee