IGNORED

Everton V Man U

Slippin cider

They were absolutely awful today. Everton could have had 6. Pogba just trotted around - didn’t look bothered. What a waste of his talent. If Madrid offer 100 mill for him I’d bite their hands off. Absolute Poser. Their defence is shocking. Whoever the manager is has a huge job to chop out the dead wood

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

They were absolutely awful today. Everton could have had 6. Pogba just trotted around - didn’t look bothered. What a waste of his talent. If Madrid offer 100 mill for him I’d bite their hands off. Absolute Poser. Their defence is shocking. Whoever the manager is has a huge job to chop out the dead wood

As someone on the radio said, it's almost better to have someone like Milner in midfield than Pogba, because at least with Milner you'll get 100 per cent every game. United's midfield is better than Liverpool's on paper, but this proves that being successful at football is all down to attitude and application.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Wasn't his last transfer fee something like 92mil, but 60mil of that went to his agent?

8 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Agree with both those sentiments. Problem with Sanchez is that he's on silly money, which is only going to upset team morale. Don't get me started on Pogba - always thought he was an idiot, but when Mourinho told that story about him insisting on being chauffeur driven to away games in his Rolls Royce rather than getting the team coach with everyone else, that was the final straw for me.

You’ve got that slightly wrong - Pogba was driven to a home game by a chauffeur - and he wasn’t the only one - Sanchez, Mata, Jones, Matic, Darmian, Fellaini and Valencia were also driven to the same home game - the other players got the team coach from their training ground. It was back in August at the start of the season.

Having said that, I don’t get the hype around Pogba - I can’t be the only one who doesn’t think he’s very good - Gary Neville waxes lyrical about him being the only world class player at Old Trafford - I don’t see that at all...but then again, I don’t watch him regularly enough to give a proper view I suppose...

8 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

As someone on the radio said, it's almost better to have someone like Milner in midfield than Pogba, because at least with Milner you'll get 100 per cent every game. United's midfield is better than Liverpool's on paper, but this proves that being successful at football is all down to attitude and application.

How is United midfield better than Liverpool’s??  That’s insane

Fabinho better than Matic

Wijnaldum better than Herrera

Henderson better than McTominay

Ox versus Pogba is debatable 

Milner better than Lingard

There isn’t one United midfielder that is better than any Liverpool one in my opinion 

16 hours ago, MelksRed said:

I wonder how the new appointment is being perceived now?......

New manager bounce for a start followed by players happy that Jose was gone.

I think it was a mistake to give him the gig before they see how the season pans out, having said that if they fail to make the top 4  who of any note would have been nterested.

The squad is a shambles with a lot of players needing to be moved on, which won’t be easy.

As for Pogba and Sanchez - overpaid and undermotivated. I hadn’t seen the Rolls Royce story mentioned above, if it is true, it tells you all you need to know about Pogba and his attitude.

All that said I don’t care one jot about them or any other team in the PL.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

How is United midfield better than Liverpool’s??  That’s insane

Fabinho better than Matic

Wijnaldum better than Herrera

Henderson better than McTominay

Ox versus Pogba is debatable 

Milner better than Lingard

There isn’t one United midfielder that is better than any Liverpool one in my opinion 

On paper, Ox versus Pogba is not up for any kind of debate. Pogba has won multiple Serie A titles and a World Cup.

I certainly wouldn't rate Wijnaldum higher than Herrera.

On paper, Fred is as good as Fabinho.

On paper, Matic is at least as good as Henderson, probably better.

Agreed that Milner is better than Lingard.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’ve got that slightly wrong - Pogba was driven to a home game by a chauffeur - and he wasn’t the only one - Sanchez, Mata, Jones, Matic, Darmian, Fellaini and Valencia were also driven to the same home game - the other players got the team coach from their training ground. It was back in August at the start of the season.

Having said that, I don’t get the hype around Pogba - I can’t be the only one who doesn’t think he’s very good - Gary Neville waxes lyrical about him being the only world class player at Old Trafford - I don’t see that at all...but then again, I don’t watch him regularly enough to give a proper view I suppose...

Fair enough, but that almost makes it worse if half the team is doing it. No wonder there's no cohesion at United. That kind of behaviour really needs to be stamped out of football. Who do they think they are? ******* Phil Jones being chauffeur-driven to games? Keane would've given him a clip round the ear.

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

On paper, Ox versus Pogba is not up for any kind of debate. Pogba has won multiple Serie A titles and a World Cup.

I certainly wouldn't rate Wijnaldum higher than Herrera.

On paper, Fred is as good as Fabinho.

On paper, Matic is at least as good as Henderson, probably better.

Agreed that Milner is better than Lingard.

What are you on about, on paper? 

Have you seen Fred play? Have you seen Matic for the last two seasons?

wijnaldum should be in team of the season. Herrera been average for ages now. 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What are you on about, on paper? 

Have you seen Fred play? Have you seen Matic for the last two seasons?

wijnaldum should be in team of the season. Herrera been average for ages now. 

My original point was about perceived quality (i.e. on paper) versus their actual effectiveness due to application and attitude (and the team they're currently playing in). You're right, Wijnaldum has massively outperformed Herrera this season, but I would still say Herrera is every bit as good. Fred was a key member of an excellent Shaktar Donetsk team, and Matic was a key member of a Chelsea title-winning team just a few years ago.

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Solksjaer needs to let go of all this Fergie bollox that keeps cropping up, Fergie travelled with the squad, Fergie was in the dressing room, Ole won’t park his car in the Managers space as it’s Fergie’s.

:facepalm:

Same thing happened with Liverpool with all the boot room bollocks. History repeating itself and he the club are looking to their former glories to find a solution rather than looking forward. The Ghost of Fergie is a massive chain around the clubs neck. I’m sure one day they will win again due to being so rich but their days of dominance are over

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Fair enough, but that almost makes it worse if half the team is doing it. No wonder there's no cohesion at United. That kind of behaviour really needs to be stamped out of football. Who do they think they are? ******* Phil Jones being chauffeur-driven to games? Keane would've given him a clip round the ear.

Spot on - Mourinho and some of the players complained about it apparently - but then Mourinho was chauffeur driven to training every day - not the same thing I know, but couldn’t he just jump on a Raleigh Chopper, cycle into Carrington and appear to be slightly down to earth and in the real world?!

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on - Mourinho and some of the players complained about it apparently - but then Mourinho was chauffeur driven to training every day - not the same thing I know, but couldn’t he just jump on a Raleigh Chopper, cycle into Carrington and appear to be slightly down to earth and in the real world?!

Hmm I didn't know that - that does seem a bit hypocritical!!

Archived