IGNORED

EFL say sorry to johnson about Aston Villa game

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Strange no cards were shown on Friday against Reading

Will Scott Duncan(the fourth official) for the match against Sheffield Wednesday  kiss and make up with Lee Johnson?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/its-no-good-now-referees-2783003

IMO following an apology for the poor standard of officiating, which lets face it caused us to lose 2-1 rather than winning by the same scoreline, Scott Duncan should be suspended from ALL matches...the fact that he's been allocated another game to us even if it is only as 4th official within 10 days is a joke and a bad one at that.

I wonder if the charge for failing to control players will be dropprd in light of the EFLs admission that the reffing was dire and which probably resulted in us picking up so many bookings?

EFL say sorry to us for last week , and give the cause of the problem another top game.
They will have to say sorry to Wigan for this week, same problem. 
I'm guessing he'll be given another good game to spoil next week.

#notfitforpurpose 

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Strange no cards were shown on Friday against Reading

Will Scott Duncan(the fourth official) for the match against Sheffield Wednesday  kiss and make up with Lee Johnson?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/its-no-good-now-referees-2783003

The phrase "bad decisions evens itself out is often used" - would anyone be able to estimate where we stand this season. Are we in profit or negative? Is that 4 Weimman legal efforts and a fake penalty and Famara 6 match ban v how many have our opposition been hard done by? 

1 hour ago, RedEd73 said:

IMO following an apology for the poor standard of officiating, which lets face it caused us to lose 2-1 rather than winning by the same scoreline

Simply not true. Cause and effect - If Wiemann goal stands we may have won by any score or drew or lost by any score - other than 1-0 to Villa.

This pisses me off. I’ve witnessed many terrible ref performances this season - that penalty against Villa was a joke but at the business end of the season it could cost us vital points and literally hundreds of millions of pounds. Yet all we get is a “sorry”.

The technology is available and should be used. Imagine missing out on the playoffs by one point now? 

5 minutes ago, swanker said:

That penalty was a shocker, if anything the Villa player should have been booked for diving. 

When I watch the replay it seems the referee WANTS to award a penalty?

Have you seen the Pen for Leeds? Hard not to think he's biased at the least.

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

That penalty was a shocker, if anything the Villa player should have been booked for diving. 

When I watch the replay it seems the referee WANTS to award a penalty?

The fact that there was a challenge about 5 seconds earlier where you can clearly see the villa player push our defender over to get to the ball, swing the ball in, and then with no force whatsoever the villa player goes to ground leads me to the same conclusion. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Simply not true. Cause and effect - If Wiemann goal stands we may have won by any score or drew or lost by any score - other than 1-0 to Villa.

Yeah point taken...... Or one might have been had the penalty not been given ?

51 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The fact that there was a challenge about 5 seconds earlier where you can clearly see the villa player push our defender over to get to the ball, swing the ball in, and then with no force whatsoever the villa player goes to ground leads me to the same conclusion. 

And, before the Villa player even went down, he handballed it with his arms in an unnatural position raised above his head.

3 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

The phrase "bad decisions evens itself out is often used" - would anyone be able to estimate where we stand this season. Are we in profit or negative? Is that 4 Weimman legal efforts and a fake penalty and Famara 6 match ban v how many have our opposition been hard done by? 

Off the top of my head.

2 Rotherham red cards. LJ said straight red was harsh in post match comments.

QPR last minute penalty.

Could've been 2 draws there.

In debit though:

*Failure to send Tettey off v Norwich in December. We were on top and he could and perhaps should have been sent off at 1-1 and 2-1.

Very lucky to avoid a second yellow, could've got it two or even twice. Maybe 2 points dropped, but not guaranteed.

*Weimann disallowed goal at Derby- many on here think it wrong. Potential 2 pts dropped and being v a direct rival makes it all the worse.

*Weimann disallowed goal at Nottingham Forest. Clearly onside but we won- could've cost us though, unsure how that decision made!

*Weimann disallowed goal at home to Swansea- we won anyway but seemed pretty close to me. Perhaps was just off?

*Pisano disallowed goal v QPR at home. Not sure why it was disallowed and tbh cancels out our last minute penalty. Two wrongs make a right!

*Penalty at Aston Villa. Cost us a point IMO and v a direct rival at that.

*Weimann goal disallowed at Aston Villa..watched it multiple times and can't be sure either way personally.

As a pragmatist though, you'd hope to get one of those decisions at Aston Villa minimum... both going against is appalling!

PS, some also on here have argued Smith could or should have been sent off Friday v Reading. If that was a bit of luck, it'd go in the credit column but unsure either way.

We've definitely had more going against us than for us though! By a fair bit at that.

Oh and I forgot about the joke of a 6 game ban for Diedhiou at the start of the season.

Shame Dean- and if he played, Davis- didn't get the reception he deserved at AG in February unlike Baker for Reading Friday after the Smith injury for a few mins.

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Weimann must have the record for perfectly good goals being disallowed. How many has it been so far this season? 6?

Between 2 and 4. He's had 4 disallowed and minimum 2, possibility of 4 were wrong 

We've had 6 disallowed in total but one was for Pisano v QPR- another poor call- but Taylor's v Wigan was correct.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

This pisses me off. I’ve witnessed many terrible ref performances this season - that penalty against Villa was a joke but at the business end of the season it could cost us vital points and literally hundreds of millions of pounds. Yet all we get is a “sorry”.

The technology is available and should be used. Imagine missing out on the playoffs by one point now? 

It’s football, some you get some you don’t. every game played is littered with mistakes, strikers miss open goals and defenders make mistakes to concede goals. You can’t expect everything they all do to be perfect. I’m sure we have had plenty of decisions given to us that the opposition claim are wrong. Referees have to make decisions, yes, some are wrong in ‘our’ eyes, but just you wait till VAR starts reversing decisions that have gone OUR way, because that will happen, and this forum will then go into meltdown.

Personally I think VAR is going to ruin the game and I would rather the game stays the way it always has been.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s football, some you get some you don’t. every game played is littered with mistakes, strikers miss open goals and defenders make mistakes to concede goals. You can’t expect everything they all do to be perfect. I’m sure we have had plenty of decisions given to us that the opposition claim are wrong. Referees have to make decisions, yes, some are wrong in ‘our’ eyes, but just you wait till VAR starts reversing decisions that have gone OUR way, because that will happen, and this forum will then go into meltdown.

Personally I think VAR is going to ruin the game and I would rather the game stays the way it always has been.

Football worked ok without VAR for over a century Maybe if the FA had clamped down on cheating years ago we wouldnt have a need for it.Football gets worse every year.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Football worked ok without VAR for over a century. Maybe if the FA had clamped down on cheating years ago we wouldnt need it now. Football is getting worse every year. 

Archived