IGNORED

Liverpool or Man City for the title?

reddogkev

One of the most exciting Premier League title races for ages (well, since the Foxes bagged it), and wait, don't think we've had a thread about the race.

Since November I've wanted Liverpool to win it, mainly because of the quality and intensity of their football, led by the stunning talent of their attack.

Also, I'm bored by Money Man City bagging endless league titles, even though I accept they are an incredible team and will fully merit the win, if they succeed.

I'm still going for Liverpool, although it is hard to see where City will drop points.  Will Ole's Man U restore some pride in the Manc derby, after their poor defeat to the Toffees, or perhaps they prefer Man City to win instead of their more hated rivals?  Whatever happens, both teams will likely finish with over 95 points, which sounds insane.  It's like having two championship winning teams playing in the same season.

Please be Man City. If Liverpool win their fans will be unbearable, I can already see it - best title win ever, against all odds, best football ever, klopp is God.

Its almost as if they haven't spent an absolute fortune. 

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Please be Man City. If Liverpool win their fans will be unbearable, I can already see it - best title win ever, against all odds, best football ever, klopp is God.

I work with too many middle age Liverpool "fans".They are pretty full of themselves even when they are doing poorly.They will be a nightmare if Liverpool win it.

22 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I think Manchester City will win it, they just shade Liverpool for squad quality. Liverpool need United to spring a derby shock, which in an intense derby can happen despite City have much more quality than United.

You may be right, unless Man U quickly get their heads up, I wouldn't be surprised if City win something like 5-0 at Old Trafford.  If they do, then there will be little Liverpool can do to stop them.

I actually think Man City could get unstuck at Burnley more than Man U.  Also don’t discount Newcastle being a tough game for Liverpool regardless of Rafa’s affections. 

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

I actually think Man City could get unstuck at Burnley more than Man U.  Also don’t discount Newcastle being a tough game for Liverpool regardless of Rafa’s affections. 

Looking at the Newcastle game in the Liverpool fixture list, it's in between the Barcelona games, so will be a tricky one for the players / staff.  As a neutral, hope it will be one of their famous 4-3 scores!

19 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Got to be Liverpool for me, couldn't care less about either club but don't want to see man city win it again with all the oil money

What sort of age range are you? Not questioning your knowledge more the people you may associate with, IMO anyone over 35 would not want Liverpool to win it. 

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

What sort of age range are you? Not questioning your knowledge more the people you may associate with, IMO anyone over 35 would not want Liverpool to win it. 

I'm WELL over 35 and I want Liverpool to win it.

10 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Why do you say that?

Both sides are very good this season, Man City have greater squad depth than Liverpool but maybe Liverpool are more exciting to watch when really on top form.

I suspect the fact that Man City are out of the Champions Cup, could swing it their way but would prefer Liverpool to win it.

Just now, downendcity said:

Fair enough then, do you know any Liverpool supporters that only watch them on the TV or magically appear in good seasons? Have you tried watching a Liverpool game in a pub? 

There's definitely something that defines a reason not to want them to win it that your clearly not experiencing ??

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I’m well over 55 and I want Liverpool to win it as well.

Its not often I want Man Utd to win anything but I’d love to see them beat Man City on Wednesday.

17 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I'm under 35, by a few years... 

Tbh none of my friend group are Liverpool or man city fans, mainly because I avoid any 'fans' of top 6 clubs as I find them on the whole unbearable... 

A few people in my family are man city or Liverpool fans, but have been for many years and to be honest they aren't too bad, especially the man city fans who have been through league one and the championship and so feel priveleged to be in their position. 

The problem I have is how man city, much like Chelsea, have made their way to the top table through investing hundreds of millions which to me isn't right. At least rhe lies of Liverpool and man united have been there for enough time to be secure in their position. 

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why do you say that?

Both sides are very good this season, Man City have greater squad depth than Liverpool but maybe Liverpool are more exciting to watch when really on top form.

I suspect the fact that Man City are out of the Champions Cup, could swing it their way but would prefer Liverpool to win it.

Because under 35 you may not know any Liverpool fans that remember the glory years and talk about them like they were last season. 

I don't really know many Man C fans and the one I do know appreciates what's happened in the background for them to get to where they are, it's not all about the money (they could have pissed it up the wall and gone galactic style) but the money has given them the infrastructure and players and stepped the whole English game forward. 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Definitely this. 75m for vvd, 65m?for gk, 60ish for keita. So probably not far behind city's team cost. 

But the fans would be the worst thing if they won 

17 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Fair enough then, do you know any Liverpool supporters that only watch them on the TV or magically appear in good seasons? Have you tried watching a Liverpool game in a pub? 

There's definitely something that defines a reason not to want them to win it that your clearly not experiencing ??

Have you ever lived in Liverpool or Manchester?

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm under 35, by a few years... 

Tbh none of my friend group are Liverpool or man city fans, mainly because I avoid any 'fans' of top 6 clubs as I find them on the whole unbearable... 

A few people in my family are man city or Liverpool fans, but have been for many years and to be honest they aren't too bad, especially the man city fans who have been through league one and the championship and so feel priveleged to be in their position. 

The problem I have is how man city, much like Chelsea, have made their way to the top table through investing hundreds of millions which to me isn't right. At least rhe lies of Liverpool and man united have been there for enough time to be secure in their position. 

Liverpool were doing exactly the same thing 30-40 years ago, albeit with much smaller (but relative) sums, of course.

Archived