IGNORED

Liverpool or Man City for the title?

reddogkev

21 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Fair enough then, do you know any Liverpool supporters that only watch them on the TV or magically appear in good seasons? Have you tried watching a Liverpool game in a pub? 

There's definitely something that defines a reason not to want them to win it that your clearly not experiencing ??

In my experience Liverpool fans seem to be the more faithful of the premier league fans I know. Won relatively little in my 30 year life time but still support them and are passionate. For me I’d love to see Liverpool win it over City

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

Liverpool were doing exactly the same thing 30-40 years ago, albeit with much smaller (but relative) sums, of course.

I wouldn't know tbh. 

But growing up in my era, Liverpool have always felt like a big club, with a big fanbase whilst man city feel like upstarts who wouldn't be there if it weren't for the Arab money. 

That being said, it's great to have a competitive Premier league for once, especially when it doesn't include the detestable man united... 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Please be Man City. If Liverpool win their fans will be unbearable, I can already see it - best title win ever, against all odds, best football ever, klopp is God.

Its almost as if they haven't spent an absolute fortune. 

19 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Definitely this. 75m for vvd, 65m?for gk, 60ish for keita. So probably not far behind city's team cost. 

But the fans would be the worst thing if they won 

It’s a choice between oil money or yank money.... tough choice. 

Ahh this wouldn’t be a problem next year when Guernsey Tax Free money storms the league :banana:

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m well over 55 and I want Liverpool to win it as well.

Its not often I want Man Utd to win anything but I’d love to see them beat Man City on Wednesday.

What has your waist measurement got to do with anything.

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Man City for me . Liverpool’s army of plastic fans do my head in . We could win the league we could win the champions league. WE you’re from downend mate 

It's annoying, my local had the Liverpool game on the other week with the sound on and big screen, our game was on the little telly in the corner with no sound on, there was me and 3 others watching City v WBA and about 20 watching Liverpool Porto, just can't understand why you would rather watch them than your local team.

Just now, pillred said:

It's annoying, my local had the Liverpool game on the other week with the sound on and big screen, our game was on the little telly in the corner with no sound on, there was me and 3 others watching City v WBA and about 20 watching Liverpool Porto, just can't understand why you would rather watch them than your local team.

You did well, my local wouldn't let me watch the away game at wba as both screens had Liverpool on. 

Ridiculous... 

I don’t really give a toss who wins it. 

Liverpool deserve credit for taking such a quality Man City squad all the way to the final games. I think Man City will Win it. 

The only thing that makes it interesting for me is that Man Utd basically have to hand it to one of either if their biggest rivals in Wednesday..!

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

Because under 35 you may not know any Liverpool fans that remember the glory years and talk about them like they were last season. 

I don't really know many Man C fans and the one I do know appreciates what's happened in the background for them to get to where they are, it's not all about the money (they could have pissed it up the wall and gone galactic style) but the money has given them the infrastructure and players and stepped the whole English game forward. 

Then again my generation (1980s child) probably hate Man U for the success in the 90s and the amount of plastics that appeared then. It’ll change through the years - what happened to all the Chelsea fans going on coaches from Devon each week 5-10 years ago? In 5-10 years time if Man C continue to dominate we’ll be as sick of them as many were of Liverpool in 70-80s 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I wouldn't know tbh. 

But growing up in my era, Liverpool have always felt like a big club, with a big fanbase whilst man city feel like upstarts who wouldn't be there if it weren't for the Arab money. 

That being said, it's great to have a competitive Premier league for once, especially when it doesn't include the detestable man united... 

Going back to our years in the old first division, Man City were one of the few teams that their supporters filled the entire open end. They were a club that were getting 30k plus in ( what’s now) league one, they are far from ‘upstarts’. 

Yes the oil money has taken them to another level, but they have always been  a massive club, with local support.

7 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

I'm praying for a miracle. I was 12 the last time we won the title. It's been a painful 29 years. Newcastle away will be very tough for us though. 

It's mad to think that the premier league was once won with 75 points.

If you’re a Liverpool fan, why are you posting on here?

1 hour ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

I'm praying for a miracle. I was 12 the last time we won the title. It's been a painful 29 years. Newcastle away will be very tough for us though. 

It's mad to think that the premier league was once won with 75 points.

It's mad to think the premier league used to be the first division and was  won, more than once,  by a team(s) of all British players and players who couldn't afford to retire when aged 25!

58 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

Liverpool born now live in Bristol. I bring my nephew to home games at Ashton Gate. Is there something wrong with taking an interest in your local team? 

Not at all, I was just curious as to why a Liverpool fan would be posting on OTIB.

5 hours ago, Pezo said:

What sort of age range are you? Not questioning your knowledge more the people you may associate with, IMO anyone over 35 would not want Liverpool to win it. 

Yes agree mate so what hes saying if lansdown by some miracle threw the boat out next year and brought in the quality needed he wouldnt want it cause its billionaires money.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

It's mad to think the premier league used to be the first division and was  won, more than once,  by a team(s) of all British players and players who couldn't afford to retire when aged 25!

It's also mad to think that I paid about £3.50 on the day to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea on the Kop in 1991 (adult price was about £7). Its almost £50 (adult) now If you can by some miracle get one. I believe all kids tickets are £9 though.

7 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Definitely this. 75m for vvd, 65m?for gk, 60ish for keita. So probably not far behind city's team cost. 

But the fans would be the worst thing if they won 

Over the past 5 years, Liverpool are 6th in the net spend league.

Man City - £563m

Man U - £484m

Arsenal - £260m

Everton - £224m

Chelsea - £205m

Liverpool - £194m

West Ham - £168m

Bournemouth - £157m

Crystal Palace - £144m

Brighton - £134m

Leicester - £133m

30 minutes ago, hotwellsred said:

Man City - £563m

Man U - £484m

Arsenal - £260m

Everton - £224m

Chelsea - £205m

Liverpool - £194m

West Ham - £168m

Bournemouth - £157m

Crystal Palace - £144m

Brighton - £134m

Leicester - £133m

That is a truly frightening (and depressing) list. When football does inevitably eat itself what is going to happen then?

36 minutes ago, hotwellsred said:

Man City - £563m

Man U - £484m

Arsenal - £260m

Everton - £224m

Chelsea - £205m

Liverpool - £194m

West Ham - £168m

Bournemouth - £157m

Crystal Palace - £144m

Brighton - £134m

Leicester - £133m

Pretty good although helped with a few big sells. Can't remember City selling anyone for big money? 

I would prefer to see Liverpool win the title but think they will slip up against Newcastle which is sandwiched between their 2 Barcelone games.

I have a sneaking feeling they will get past Barca and win the Champions League which will be some comfort for failing to win the League with 94/95 points.

Archived