IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 43

Septic Peg

Good morning folks. Happy Easter, Happy Egg Day, Happy Bank Holiday Monday.

Mad Max has been rightfully praised across social media this week and even landed a spot in the EFL team of the week after his performance at Villa. 

However, I've found a YouTube video that went largely under the radar in the Soccer AM crossbar challenge style. Just check out some of the saves he manages on this...

Skills. 

King of OTIB, NTTDS has a post up already here:

But shock, horror, you can bet your backside the FA charge still stands. We get an apology for the absolute state of that refereeing and a fine because our players rightfully lost their shit because of it. It's obvious now the fella was in the wrong massively so he needed to be challenged. 

Either way, Mr Duncan is on the touchline board today for our game at Hillsborough. I'm sure he'll have a wonderful reunion with the City staff...

On to today, and Wednesday, whilst theoretically could still make the playoffs, it's highly unlikely. Same goes for Hull, Preston and Swansea. In fact, I've got Hull v Sheff United on my BTTS accy with a United win. So with that said, Wednesday have little to play for. We however, remain firm contenders for a spot. 

2-1 City just because our away form is so much better than at home. Hope Duncan isn't required to help assist.

COYRs!

It’s so much more enjoyable, looking to win in order to earn a playoff place rather than to stave off relegation. This season has had far more ups than downs which has made it a lot of fun. 

This is now the business end of the season. It’s no good players turning in 5 quality performances and thinking that’s acceptable; we need 6, 7 and 8’s all over the pitch - 9’s and 10’s will be welcome. Leave nothing out there boys; that’s all we can ask from you. Well, and three points. 

COYR (c’mon QPR; c’mon Forest)

Sheffield Wednesday seem to perform worse against compact teams that break well.  If we score first we will win. My team for today would be:

Max
Hunt. Kalas. Wright Dasilva
             Webster
Weimann Bhill Walsh Elliason
             Diedhiou

High energy, compact and speed on the flanks. 

11 minutes ago, daored said:

Really tough game today , Wednesday certainly picked up under Bruce, although realistically nothing to play for.

Am I right in saying Wednesday have several players our injuries? @Owl Visiting?

Goalkeeper Keiren Westwood sustained a knee injury in the warm-up ahead of Friday's clash against Norwich, with Cameron Dawson called in to deputise at short notice, while Sam Hutchinson was taken off in the first half with a hamstring problem.

Forward Gary Hooper could return after he was left out of the squad for the 2-2 draw at Carrow Road, but Adam Reach's Achilles injury is likely to keep him on the sidelines.

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Really tough game today , Wednesday certainly picked up under Bruce, although realistically nothing to play for.

Am I right in saying Wednesday have several players our injuries? @Owl Visiting?

According to their forum Reach is out long term. Westwood the keeper injured himself in the warm up at Norwich and Hutchinson had to go off in the first half. Bannan has been playing with an injury (not that it seemed to affect him too much on Friday).

Well, let’s see what today brings. Going to be keeping a very close eye on the Boro result at Forest to, which is the key one elsewhere. If they win and we don’t, then they must be very hot favoriates and do not see them dropping points in their last two. Equally if they do not win, it is still in our own hands however we do today. Forest and Sheff Wed similiar teams in the sense they are both capable of playing some pretty decent stuff. Fingers crossed for another of those battling 1-0s! 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I reckon we are going to need more than a point tbh, but the Derby game will probably be the decider.

Think we will need a minimum of 3 wins and must not lose to FLDC.

Afternoon all from a lovely sunny and warm Tallinn,  looks like Spring is here at last. Anyway we have got to take all three points today, I don't think after the Reading game.  a draw is much good. The boy's need to be up for this and keep Sheff Wed on the back foot as much as possible, nothing less than 100%  I hope the travelling fans will see a win and put us back in contention again.  So COME ON YOU RED'S  do it for us!!!!

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

City: O’Leary, Hunt, Webster, Wright, Kalas, Dasilva, Brownhill, Pack, Weimann, Eliasson, Diédhiou. Subs: Marinovic, Kelly, Baker, Walsh, Palmer, Semenyo, Taylor.

LJ not taking a gamble today then Tommy, sub keeper on the bench.

Archived