IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 43

Septic Peg

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

If offered now think I’d take the scores as they stand.

It would still be in our hands, with a win against Derby next week all but removing them from the equation and we’d still have the game advantage over Boro.

Some of you seem keen to write us off, but it’s far from over.

I'd take that too.

Just worried LJ will let next weeks game happen to us, rather than us taking the game to Derby. 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Anyone who thinks our season is over is either 

a. not a proper fan

b. a wind up merchant

c. stupid 

Worst case scenario at the final.whistle would be 8th place, 4 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Not over, but would go from a real.fighting chance to a long shot.

We've done incredibly well this season, but really capitulated over the last game and a half.

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Time to be brave, take Pack off for Palmer and Weimann off for Semenyo and go for it.

Thought Weimann has done ok. Found some good pockets of space. Bring Palmer on for Pack and he may be the link we need when Weimann gets into those positions, as no one else is at the moment and it’s being wasted. 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You hope we aren’t 

To be fair if we don't finish in the top 6 then we're not and it's looking less and less likely right now.
I don't think we've been a top 6 team all season, I think we're more a mid-table team punching above our weight and whilst I'm fine with that I am wondering how we're going to make that step up or if we're just going to try and make it off of a season of punching above our weight/luck.

We suddenly seem to be conceeding 2s very often having built our position on keeping it tight. LJ obviously thinks about each game deeply, but you got to think sometimes overthinks it. We had a pair of CBs that seemed to be building a strongerand stronger partnership and then he goes and throws it in the air.

Having said that, as much as anything down to Max today, which is just one of those things. Very reliant on Forest now to have any hope, although top ten I would have regarded at the start of the season as overachieving. Several players looking played out, and just not quite the depth there. Ho hum!

A glass half full perspective from the very back of the away end, here’s my thoughts so far on the day:

very easy to park and get to the ground, biggest highlight so far ? met some nice locals along the way.

big ground but no atmosphere whatsoever from the home fans, even at 2-0  there’s a faint sound of a band like at England games and that’s it.

looked ok at times going forward but giving the ball away far too much - a mix of bad passing but ultimately poor movement from the front men tbh

webster not having his best game, hunt and pack the more wasteful players and both arguably at fault for the 2 goals.

1st, Pack surely shouldn’t be letting anyone shout from 35 yards if he’s our DM but I think Max will be disappointed too, wasn’t exactly in the corner. I’ve only had one look at it thiugh

2nd came from hunt trying to play a line ball into feet when it wasn’t really on, should have hit the space in behind. I can only think he’s been specifically told to play in this manner because both him and JDS have been guilty of it multiple times

ref has been shit, given Fam nothing and even booked him for what looked like nothing.

our deliveries need improving and so does our movement. Maybe Palmer can help. Possibly a game for Semenyo too, there’s space in behind their back line but we don’t have the pace to expose it with Fammy on his own.

2-0 but Wednesday are nothing special at all and this game isn’t over if LJ can do something to get them going. We look slow and lethargic, second to everything and a lot of hesitation. Hard to tell if it’s tiredness or tactics to deliberately stand off? 

A quick goal and we are back in this.

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Just stating facts mate. That's all. 

“Spineless” and “jelly fish” aren’t facts, they’re your pathetically OTT negative and subjective opinion.

Here’s an actual fact: we’re 7th, and still fighting for a play off place with 3.5 games left to go. Did you expect that back in August?

I won’t expect an answer.

Webster and Pack been poor so far, consistently giving the ball away.

We look all over the place defensively with the midfield pushed up leaving big gaps behind them. That needs sorting out pronto.

But we do look like we have a goal or two in us.

1 minute ago, OrigKingswoodRed said:

They were big games...not THE biggest though. THE biggest are the games in between where you hold your nerve and beat the so called inferior teams to maintain momentum. PSSSSST.....Hull 0-3 Sheff Utd 

Perhaps Sheffield United are just better than us?

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am watching on a dodgy stream, but remain convinced we can still get something from this.

Wednesday scored two good, but opportunistic, goals, and we have had at least two reasonable half-chances.

All to go for in the second half.

This is quite good;

https://www.baldstreamer.xyz/2019/03/channel-7.html

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

Failure to bring a quality striker pre season was always going to come back and haunt us If we had signed someone like Tammy we would have been chasing the automatics

Don't be silly Diedhiou is great. 12 goals is more than enough and his ability to hold the ball up to allow others into play is top notch ?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we are going to have a partner for Kalas in a 2, without Webster, then Baker should be first choice alongside him after the way he played in West Brom game. 

In the 15 minutes I’ve watched we have created half chances,so I’ll retain some optimism. 

I thought he was decent as well @Davefevs Also felt he was unlucky to lose his place for the next game.

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Webster is not effective in midfield,  he's much better in defence and bringing the ball out. If he had started alongside Kala's we could have had Walsh in midfield to help Pack and tighten things up

Might not be today, but he was pretty decent re: West Brom.

Walsh did not look the answer, based on Friday's showing. 

Archived