IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 43

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

May as well just give pens if someone goes to ground in the area these day, regardless of the outcome now - that was appalling.

Our season may very well be decided by two utterly shocking penalty calls; the one against Villa and that one - quality of refs is utterly dismal.

Samo - I follow your sentiment, but if we don't make the playoffs, we only have ourselves to blame.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

That may play into our hands. Hopefully! 

We play much better against teams that attack us but if they just sit back and pack the midfield we usually struggle.We need the early goal Saturday and go for it like we did against WBA so they have to open up.

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

It’s easy to forget that 6th place doesn’t equal promotion. On current form we’ve not got a hope in hell of winning the play offs even if we sneak in them. 

Could be a blessing in disguise tbh, extra time to plan for next season. Let's face it we have very little chance beating the likes of Villa or Leeds.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

First half for me in a nutshell:

We are second best, especially in midfield

Both were really poor goals to concede

Our options going forward are limited and our forward passing often poor

Despite everything I’ve said above, how did Jay not equalise?

We look tired while Wednesday look hungry 

Next goal is absolutely vital

City fans doing well

Game in a nutshell....we conceded two really poor goals, despite some sloppy play/passing we created a number of golden chances with Jay, Fammy and Josh in particular finding gilt-edged scoring opportunities. Don’t like singling out a player but unfortunately Marlon looked woeful today, losing the ball too often and generally looking knackered.

City fans who made the trip please take a bow, you made plenty of positive noise.

Results elsewhere mean we remain in a chase for a play-off place.

6 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

It’s easy to forget that 6th place doesn’t equal promotion. On current form we’ve not got a hope in hell of winning the play offs even if we sneak in them. 

Yeah, but qualifying would bring the famous ''progress'' and positivity about the next season.

Unfortunately, playoff seems now unlikely: maybe we could win a game, but winning two or three would need a half miracle.

Sums up our season really, good in possession but not incisive enough, surely they were told not to give Bannon that much space in shooting positions, that should have been ******* obvious.

Outside of crossing the ball into the box to a centre forward who does not win headers, we had no other idea until Palmer came on. Pack is playing like a golfer with the yips, just not quick enough with the decision making. I’d play either Morrell or Walsh instead of Pack on Sat. 

If we are going to play with one up front which is ok, we need to bring someone in who is more suited to that role than Fam. 

Shame really we are almost a playoff team but not quite. Still not over yet, but even if we beat Derby, I can’t see us winning at Millwall.

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Ah least the EFL will be happy tonight. The way the soccer Saturday panel reacted to Derby’s second goal was cringey af

Because of a sweepstake. Nothing else in it I don’t think.  They said it wasn’t a pen and have just talked up next weeks game. 

Archived