IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 43

Septic Peg

The Derby County game now becomes ‘must win’.

What a great end to this season. In with a decent chance of reaching the pray-offs with every game gaining in nervous anxiety amongst us fans. 

Just as I hoped at the start of the season.

16 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

We play much better against teams that attack us but if they just sit back and pack the midfield we usually struggle.We need the early goal Saturday and go for it like we did against WBA so they have to open up.

Yep, get what you are saying. But I don’t think Derby can afford nor will want to just sit back against us and it’s not in their nature to do so anyway, from what I’ve seen of them. They’ll be expected to take it to us which I think will make it a cracking game and hopefully play into our hands. 

I don’t get why LJ default is to set us up negatively.  Stop playing 3 at the back at this stage of the season when we need to force games and get results .  Why disrupt a great Webster/Kalas partnership by bringing back BW at this stage of the season. It feels like because the tactic worked a few games back this is now our go to system.  Can we try and play positive football for the next 3 games and not end the season with another LJ bad run.

9 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Beating Derby just keeps us in the race - simple as that. 

What I'm saying is wandering red says it will only matter if we don't beat them, but that's not the case even if we beat them the fact they got late goals to win does matter.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

What I'm saying is wandering red says it will only matter if we don't beat them, but that's not the case even if we beat them the fact they got late goals to win does matter.

It really doesn’t matter they won cos of the Boro element. We must beat Derby not only to get above them but to make sure we finish above Boro. 

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Let's face it we have very little chance beating the likes of Villa or Leeds.

So pessimistic. Over 2 legs we could beat anyone. We would also be underdogs (massively) and all the pressure on them. I’m not saying they wouldn’t be deserved favourites but to say we would have little chance is OTT

15 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

When have we ever found it easy to break down a team who play on the break?

As I’ve said I don’t think that they will play us on the break. They’ll be expected and will want to come at us I’d imagine..... 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Yep, get what you are saying. But I don’t think Derby can afford nor will want to just sit back against us and it’s not in their nature to do so anyway, from what I’ve seen of them. They’ll be expected to take it to us which I think will make it a cracking game and hopefully play into our hands. 

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Sky studio wetting themselves

It really is a myth that the media fawn all over Derby and Leeds - today the Sky team was saying it was never a penalty for Derby - and even if it were true - not many on here complained when Sky etc were waxing lyrical about little ol Bristol City for most of last season ....

4 hours ago, OrigKingswoodRed said:

They were big games...not THE biggest though. THE biggest are the games in between where you hold your nerve and beat the so called inferior teams to maintain momentum. PSSSSST.....Hull 0-3 Sheff Utd 

“Pssssst” forest 3 boro 0. Brentford 2 Leeds 0. It’s the nature of the beast in this league, there’s very few “inferior” teams anyone can beat anyone

21 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

“Pssssst” forest 3 boro 0. Brentford 2 Leeds 0. It’s the nature of the beast in this league, there’s very few “inferior” teams anyone can beat anyone

Brentford have a very good home record tbh. Impressive footballing side, average nearly 2 points a game at home.

Better example may have been Wigan...drew 2-2 at us, 1-1 at home to Norwich, won 2-1 at Leeds and beat Preston 2-0 at home today, over the month...struggling low resourced old Wigan.

3 hours ago, intercity said:

Samo - I follow your sentiment, but if we don't make the playoffs, we only have ourselves to blame.

Can’t disagree at all.

But maddening how bad refs can be and still be called professional - even if it meant nothing for City, that was still an unbelievable call against QPR.

As many have said; its in out own hands still, but we’re the streakiest team and this is an awful run of form.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford have a very good home record tbh. Impressive footballing side, average nearly 2 points a game at home.

Better example may have been Wigan...drew 2-2 at us, 1-1 at home to Norwich, won 2-1 at Leeds and beat Preston 2-0 at home today, over the month...struggling low resourced old Wigan.

Yet the second we don’t win every home game, people are going mental. This is a seriously competitive league whether home or away. 

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Beat Derby and win one of our other 2 remaining games will mean both Derby or Boro will have to win each of their 2 remaining games to pip us. 

Equally, lose to Derby and we can probably forget about the playoffs. 

The significance of the match is enormous and both teams will know it.

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yet the second we don’t win every home game, people are going mental. This is a seriously competitive league whether home or away. 

Quite.

We should have another win or 2 at home, but big sides thrashing lowly visitors this season in this League?

Doesn't often work, hasn't often worked like that.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair point, Wigan is a good example

Archived