IGNORED

Free parking near Hillsborough

cityboy

1 minute ago, cityboy said:

Arrived in Sheffield. Because the trams aren't running, the park and ride car parks are available for free. There is one about 10 minutes walk away from the ground on Middlewood Road.

Fair play for getting there early and relaying the news but what time ever did you set off? :blink:

From footballgroundguide:

There is some street parking to be had if you arrive early, although some roads near to Hillsborough are permit only, so make sure to check for warning signs before you park. Otherwise, there are some unofficial car parks along the A61 that charge in the region of £4. Gary Rickett-Ambrose adds; 'There is a car park directly behind the Kop and the Wednesday Club shop. It is called the Wednesdayite car park and is open to fans of both teams. It costs £7 for visitors and its post code is S6 1QE'. 

Alternatively, you may find it easier to park at Meadowhall Railway Station, near to the well known Shopping Centre (unless of course it is in the run-up to Christmas or the January sales, when the shopping centre is very busy), just by Junction 34 of the M1, where you can park for free and then take a yellow tram to Leppings lane, which costs £3 return and takes about 35 minutes. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the Hillsborough Stadium via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

Post Code for SAT NAV: S6 1SW

31 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Arrived in Sheffield. Because the trams aren't running, the park and ride car parks are available for free. There is one about 10 minutes walk away from the ground on Middlewood Road.

Brill thanks for the info, any pubs along that walk do you know?

@MarcusX I'm sat in one called The Park currently smashing one of their big breakfasts, which was like £5-something. Bloody love northern prices!!  Seems alright, quiet this early obvs, but a couple of Wednesday fans here already so imagine you'd be better off if you're not wearing colours

1 hour ago, cityboy said:

@MarcusX I'm sat in one called The Park currently smashing one of their big breakfasts, which was like £5-something. Bloody love northern prices!!  Seems alright, quiet this early obvs, but a couple of Wednesday fans here already so imagine you'd be better off if you're not wearing colours

I’ve brought a hoodie to cover up Nd I’m on my own so should be ok I imagine, that said I don’t think I’ll be there til 2 so May just make my way into the ground 

thanks for the reply

Archived