IGNORED

FFS Drop Pack (Merged)

headhunter

LJ often talks about fine margins being the difference between success & failure.

I've just tuned in to the HES match feed to hear Pack has given the ball away again and City looking very lack luster in midfield.

Did I hear right last week that Marlon became a dad?

The man is knackered through playing every week and those with kids will know the head space taken by a new born. 

ffs, why does LJ keep playing him when he could drop in Watkins or even move Webster forward?

Btw, is Patterson injured?

The Reading game and today are probably the 2 worst displays by Pack of all time, wasteful passing, repeatedly caught in possession, sooo slow. Whether this is related to lack of sleep due to new baby I don't know, but he has been dire and needs to be dropped. We simply cannot have him playing like that against Derby.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

The Reading game and today are probably the 2 worst displays by Pack of all time, wasteful passing, repeatedly caught in possession, sooo slow. Whether this is related to lack of sleep due to new baby I don't know, but he has been dire and needs to be dropped. We simply cannot have him playing like that against Derby.

May well be the new baby, doesn’t actually matter what the reason is, he should not start on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

In the match day thread, I said that there was no place for 5’s today. Well Marlon stepped up to the plate and got a 4. 

3 minutes ago, optored said:

Given his last 2 games, there is no way he'll be in the starting 11 next week. Even the most loyal of managers can see that he isn't up to the pace of the game we are trying to play.

Friendly five pound bet that Pack starts Saturday? Loser gives to charity of winners choice 

3 minutes ago, optored said:

Given his last 2 games, there is no way he'll be in the starting 11 next week. Even the most loyal of managers can see that he isn't up to the pace of the game we are trying to play.

Like to think your right, but Johnson seems to have a strange amount of loyalty to certain players.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Like to think your right, but Johnson seems to have a strange amount of loyalty to certain players.

The problem is that he's the experienced/trusted midfielder, so he gets a start ahead of Morrell and Walsh. I was very surprised he wasn't taken off at half-time today.

Don't get me wrong, an on song Pack is a decent asset, but with this performance coupled with his Reading performance, someone must deserve a start ahead of him v Derby. He's not the only one whose selection should be questioned, and I hope there is more game time for Semenyo and Palmer Saturday, otherwise we might give up with a whimper.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Don’t want to be too harsh on Pack because he’s been absolutely flogged this season, not least the previous month. 

He has had a huge part in getting us to this point.

Same for Brownhill. But we do need some serious competition for them next season. 

We do. Just one player needed. But that player needs to be first team standard from the go.....3 or 4 mil. Along with a 3 or 4 mil striker. Get kalas and dasilva and we are much stronger

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If people are blaming his baby for his bad performances then it really does show there's some weird reluctance to say it how it is with Pack on here. No other player gets excuses for rubbish performances.

No other player gets lambasted after every game. He deserves it today, was shocking I agree but the reading game he was one of our best players for the first 70 then needed to come off as was shattered. I wouldn't say this was probably down to him recently having a new born but playing the majority of minutes this season. People seem to forget hes playing in a team that are still on the brink of the playoffs. I dont blame him for how shattered he is now, we didnt bring in reinforcements again in January of sufficient quality and that may cost us again. 

20 minutes ago, optored said:

Unfortunately LJ has previous for picking his "trusted" players regardless of form. Not LJ bashing, just facts

23 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Need to move him on in the summer

IMHO he needed to be moved on after our first championship season, too often he's second best, much more effective with Korey partnering him. 

We will need a improved model next season if we are to be serious about getting out of this division.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he has been poor in many games this season. This is not just a recent thing imo. 

I couldn't agree more.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The problem is that he's the experienced/trusted midfielder, so he gets a start ahead of Morrell and Walsh. I was very surprised he wasn't taken off at half-time today.

Don't get me wrong, an on song Pack is a decent asset, but with this performance coupled with his Reading performance, someone must deserve a start ahead of him v Derby. He's not the only one whose selection should be questioned, and I hope there is more game time for Semenyo and Palmer Saturday, otherwise we might give up with a whimper.

Would leave out Pack Wright and Weimann Saturday play an attacking side no more of this 3 center backs on the pitch.

If Johnson can't go for it in the final home game then will he ever?

I can't see it with Lee, he will still see it as if we don't get beat were still in it even with only 2 left. He's far to cautious a coach for me with his starting  line ups seems mainly goes for it once were behind.

Has to be a worry that only one team in the top 16 have scored less than us. I hope he proves me wrong and we really have a go right from the kick off.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Would leave out Pack Wright and Weimann Saturday play an attacking side no more of this 3 center backs on the pitch.

If Johnson can't go for it in the final home game then will he ever?

I can't see it with Lee, he will still see it as if we don't get beat were still in it even with only 2 left. He's far to cautious a coach for me with his starting  line ups seems mainly goes for it once were behind.

Has to be a worry that only one team in the top 16 have scored less than us. I hope he proves me wrong and we really have a go right from the kick off.

We need to start Saturday like we did against West Brom recently. We need to be aggressive and have them on the back foot. 

Archived