IGNORED

Simple

Langford Red

******* hell I thought I was negative. Hell if Johnson left in the summer I wouldn't bat an eyelid however some of the comments I'm reading on here are pathetic. 

We have three games of the season remaining. It's in our own hands. I'm still positive ( call it delusion if you like) that we can do it. 

Sort of game that we'd win next weekend. Hopefully LJ freshens things up a bit. The players won't have any excuses next weekend. Going to be electric.

Bicester is correct whether you like it or not.

Home performances have been, apart from two or three matches, been rather pathetic.

We set up to play defensively and try to draw the away team out and thereby create space for us to exploit as if we are the away side.

It fails because we simply seem to be unable to convert enough into goals, the very few opportunities that this tactic creates.

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Bicester is correct whether you like it or not.

Home performances have been, apart from two or three matches, been rather pathetic.

We set up to play defensively and try to draw the away team out and thereby create space for us to exploit as if we are the away side.

It fails because we simply seem to be unable to convert enough into goals, the very few opportunities that this tactic creates.

Bicester Red is spot on I've already posted we blew it in the home games against Ipswich, Birmingham, Wigan and reading by setting up far too negative and let's not forget how close we came against QPR at home. These are all teams we've struggled against last few season adapting the same approach so obviously not learned by it and the alarming thing for me is how deep we drop and continually get punished for it so as Bicester Reds post are we confident in our current form to get 3 points from Derby then away to a fisical Millwall or heaven forbid Hull city last game???? Right now is anybody's guess but none investment in the correct area's looks like it has caught up once again.

4 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

You would not bet on it £

I would bet that you are here after the next loss, and not here when we are on a decent run though.

You are as much of a City fan as Neil Warnock is imo.

13 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Derby have to play us, Swansea and WBA. Boro play Reading and Rotherham. If we beat Derby I can't see either of them winning both of their 2 remaining games, we might get away with just one more win from Millwall and Hull to get into 6th place.

Why won't Boro beat Reading (should be safe by then) and Rotherham (probably be down by then) - I don't understand the logic?

22 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Bicester Red is spot on I've already posted we blew it in the home games against Ipswich, Birmingham, Wigan and reading by setting up far too negative and let's not forget how close we came against QPR at home. These are all teams we've struggled against last few season adapting the same approach so obviously not learned by it and the alarming thing for me is how deep we drop and continually get punished for it so as Bicester Reds post are we confident in our current form to get 3 points from Derby then away to a fisical Millwall or heaven forbid Hull city last game???? Right now is anybody's guess but none investment in the correct area's looks like it has caught up once again.

We then regained it in the away games against Forest, Sheffield united, Middlesbrough and Blackburn. 

We didn't set up 'far too negative' in any of those games, we just lack a centre midfielder who can change the game consistently, but one of those would set us back millions so it's up to the scouting team to try and find one for good value. 

We rarely drop deep either, it's in fact our willingness to go forward that's the reason behind many of our goals conceded. Yesterday their second goal was because our defensive line was too high and we hadn't dropped back sufficiently, then against reading we were regularly caught on the break. 

Investment has been made in the correct areas, just some of it hasn't paid off as of yet. I'm sure LJ has realised we need a centre midfielder as much as he realised we needed to change up our defence

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Why won't Boro beat Reading (should be safe by then) and Rotherham (probably be down by then) - I don't understand the logic?

Why didn't Boro beat Florist on Saturday, a team that has nothing to play for while Boro have plenty to play for?  Because they are capable of playing badly on the day and score very few goals (2 in the last 3 games). Reading and Rotherham players will be playing for pride and a contract next year, can't see anyone rolling over in the Championship.

not sure what we've thrown away? Relegation? Yep, threw that away well and proper. Well done LJ and the lads.

I'm guessing the belters and bellends we have that are moaning about us not going up in May, are the same belters and bellends who thought we were going down in December. 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

We then regained it in the away games against Forest, Sheffield united, Middlesbrough and Blackburn. 

We didn't set up 'far too negative' in any of those games, we just lack a centre midfielder who can change the game consistently, but one of those would set us back millions so it's up to the scouting team to try and find one for good value. 

We rarely drop deep either, it's in fact our willingness to go forward that's the reason behind many of our goals conceded. Yesterday their second goal was because our defensive line was too high and we hadn't dropped back sufficiently, then against reading we were regularly caught on the break. 

Investment has been made in the correct areas, just some of it hasn't paid off as of yet. I'm sure LJ has realised we need a centre midfielder as much as he realised we needed to change up our defence

We rarely back off you joking?? Sheff Wednesday, Wigan, WBA, just to mention a few something we've done for far too long and do it Saturday and we will be punished. 

1 minute ago, Allwaysred said:

We rarely back off you joking?? Sheff Wednesday, Wigan, WBA, just to mention a few something we've done for far too long and do it Saturday and we will be punished. 

Unless you mean isolated incidents (backing off Bannan giving him too much room) then no I'm not joking. 

Unless you also mean seeing a game out, something lots of other teams do. It will obviously not work sometimes (Wigan for example) but it does work regularly and we have become quite good at it. Personally I'd rather we tried to see a 3-2 lead out than go all gung-ho for a 4th and risk conceding on the counter attack. But each to their own...

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Unless you mean isolated incidents (backing off Bannan giving him too much room) then no I'm not joking. 

Unless you also mean seeing a game out, something lots of other teams do. It will obviously not work sometimes (Wigan for example) but it does work regularly and we have become quite good at it. Personally I'd rather we tried to see a 3-2 lead out than go all gung-ho for a 4th and risk conceding on the counter attack. But each to their own...

If we do that and concede and there would be a bigger meltdown on here calling the management and players clueless - probably the same people who would slate them trying to see it out sitting deeper. It isn't just a case of going all out attack or sitting deep, but we will gain more points trying to see out a game than trying to kill a game off in the last 10-15 mins imo.

23 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Why didn't Boro beat Florist on Saturday, a team that has nothing to play for while Boro have plenty to play for?  Because they are capable of playing badly on the day and score very few goals (2 in the last 3 games). Reading and Rotherham players will be playing for pride and a contract next year, can't see anyone rolling over in the Championship.

Well one obvious reason would be because the table after 44 games Forest are only 7 points behind them.

I know the table is only a guide and yes everyone beats everyone, but your belief that Boro won't beat either of Rotherham 27 points ahead AND Reading 21 points ahead is wishful thinking.

I obviously hope you are right, but the odds of Boro losing both those two games suggest you should be placing a bet if you really believe it.

While I know City should have beat them both based on form we can't rely on Boro being as inconsistent as us.

On 23/04/2019 at 14:40, Whitchurch1966 said:

Yeah, I never get the “they’re on the beach” type comments.  All sorts can happen.  Some roll-over, some play without fear, etc.  Players are playing for their future in some cases too.

At the end of the day this division is tough, and predicting results / performances is far too difficult.

All I know us that winning on Saturday will put us in a better position than we are currently in.  A draw, would probably depend on Boro’s result.

Archived