IGNORED

Sheff Weds highlights: Two poor goals conceded and two sitters missed

Curr Avon

1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

the second goal max is way off his line and makes the decision for the forward and looking at the direction of the ball i am not convinced it is going in

No mans land. Maenpaa saves the first one.

21 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The annoying thing was that whilst we didn't play well, we should have at least got a point from the game. Some woeful defending and finishing shows that ultimately we are short on the quality needed.

Anyway, I'm currently watching Brentford smash Leeds automatic promotion hopes, so every cloud and all that!

18 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The annoying thing was that whilst we didn't play well, we should have at least got a point from the game. Some woeful defending and finishing shows that ultimately we are short on the quality needed.

Anyway, I'm currently watching Brentford smash Leeds automatic promotion hopes, so every cloud and all that!

Or lucky that SW didnt take all there chances!

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Is it just me or could have Dasilva quite comfortably had controlled the ball to stop it going in for the second goal rather than sliding and making a mess of the attempted clearance??

Or let it go as it was spinning wide?! 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

LJ said it!

And he was right.

It wasn't a rocket coming at him, he was too far off his line and should have been able to get to the ball. Poor keeping.

Second goal, he put himself in no mans land and made the finish easy for the attacker. Poor Keeping.

Thats not putting all the blame on Max, the defence was shite, but he could have done a lot better.

39 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

And he was right.

It wasn't a rocket coming at him, he was too far off his line and should have been able to get to the ball. Poor keeping.

Second goal, he put himself in no mans land and made the finish easy for the attacker. Poor Keeping.

Thats not putting all the blame on Max, the defence was shite, but he could have done a lot better.

He puts himself in a position related to his defenders who let a ball played from the half way line get played over them. If they push up to control the space the forward is offside, if they drop and provide depth they head it. Its the centre back who is in no mans land. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

He puts himself in a position related to his centre backs who let a ball played from the half way line get played over them and bounce. If they push up to control the space the forward is offside, if they drop and provide depth they head it. Its the centre backs who are in no mans land. 

Looked pretty much that Max was in no mans land to me - too close to the attacker and too far off his line (as he was for the first goal).

You can analyse it all you want and apportion culpability to whoever but it was poor positioning by the goal keeper when the attacker had a free run on goal. He could have done better, much better imo. 

Sooner Maenpaa is back, the more confident I will be of getting in the play offs.

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Looked pretty much that Max was in no mans land to me - too close to the attacker and too far off his line (as he was for the first goal).

You can analyse it all you want and apportion culpability to whoever but it was poor positioning by the goal keeper when the attacker had a free run on goal. He could have done better, much better imo. 

Sooner Maenpaa is back, the more confident I will be of getting in the play offs.

Why does the forward have a free run on goal from a lofted ball from the half way line? 

What position do you feel Max O'Leary should take higher or lower? I would say higher in attempt to control the space behind an out of shape team. 

3 hours ago, Der no.2 said:

No right foot.

It always amazes me that a pro footballer can claim to have a ‘weak’ foot - I’d work on my weak foot all afternoon after their ‘strenuous’ training sessions, that last a couple of hours, if I was in that position - Sunday morning footballers can claim to have a weak foot - professional footballers? Nah, not for me - Dasilva should have buried that easy chance - weak foot ain’t an excuse ...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

It always amazes me that a pro footballer can claim to have a ‘weak’ foot - I’d work on my weak foot all afternoon after their ‘strenuous’ training sessions, that last a couple of hours, if I was in that position - Sunday morning footballers can claim to have a weak foot - professional footballers? Nah, not for me - Dasilva should have buried that easy chance - weak foot ain’t an excuse ...

No excuse for professional players to not be equally adept with both feet.

No excuse at all, just takes a bit of time and application (which most British players are totally disinterested in).

Dasilva should have been able to pass the ball into the net with his right foot to the keepers left where the whole goal was open, but he couldn't do it and instead became unbalanced trying to manipulate it to his left foot to try to get it into a space of about a foot. 

Pathetic really.

Surprising really, an inexperienced and young keeper gets thrown in at the deep end for a play off run, two games a week. And guess what? He’s not as good as your two experienced pros, and opposition teams target this. In the circumstances, he’s doing as well as can be expected, with no serious howlers to date. No idea if he could have done better today, both looked pretty good finishes to me. Ultimately, our two main keepers are not fit so any comparison is just hypothetical

14 hours ago, Super said:

Harsh to say Max should not be beaten from that far out?

Not harsh at all. Good as the shot was, it should have been saved. O’Leary seemed slow to react and didn’t really get off the ground properly. He’s a great reaction shot stopper, but poor in the air. 

13 hours ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

I think Max gets a bad rub of it. I believe if Maenpaa had made those mistakes, he wouldn't get nearly as bad grief as Max seems to be getting. Not his fault we couldn't hit a barn door today.

I believe if Maenpaa had made those mistakes the lynching party would be having a field day.

:farmer:

Max gets cut a lot of slack due to his age, inexperience and the fact that he’s an academy lad now playing twice a week at the business end of the season and quite rightly.

What it doesn’t mean is that Max is above criticism for his mistakes and must continue to improve if he wants to keep his place .

Archived