IGNORED

Maenpaa Is he close?

REDOXO

NO ONE Closed down Bannon and invited a free hit. Lj was scathing about that and also the fact that Max didn't get near it.

Max has been excellent, however we look more solid with Nick in goal.

On another note, we have everything to play for either way. This is not the time for negative threads and defeatist attitude. its time for a sell out crowd. We are always better when we come from behind in these races, so over to the team and LJ to get this done!!

In my view it matters not what fans do or say now. It simply matters whether LJ takes the game to the opposition. 

Set up to defend at home, or play one up front and we've already lost (or drawn at best) to Derby and its then pretty much over. 

52 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

On another note, we have everything to play for either way. This is not the time for negative threads and defeatist attitude. its time for a sell out crowd. We are always better when we come from behind in these races, so over to the team and LJ to get this done!!

This comment should have a thread of its own!

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think he may be fit for Saturday ???

Would it be over the top to say (go on, i'm expecting many to say yes) that it would be a big boost to hear the team sheet pre- Derby and that our ice-cool Fin is back between the sticks?

i'm a big fan btw :laugh:

After all, Max as sub is surely better an option than Kalas coming out of our defence to keep goal   :laugh:

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

NO ONE Closed down Bannon and invited a free hit. Lj was scathing about that and also the fact that Max didn't get near it.

Max has been excellent, however we look more solid with Nick in goal.

Can he play in midfield ?

Think Max has done well we have been unlucky with losing both experienced goalkeepers, what really annoys me is not signing two strikers, we lost Duric & Reid & replaced them with Weiman ,. Overall goals wise better than I had hoped, on his day a very good championship player, but only in patches., so for me Weiman has been good value..

still don’t understand why we never brought in another striker, we must of been aware that Duric was looking to leave!!

I understand that stransfer don’t fall in to place or players are not available, but feel if we don’t make the play offs we have missed a great opportunity yet again.

We could spend millions nest season & not get near the top six,, find this & last session frustrating!

Any way on a positive notes we still have a great chance.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If Maenpaa was fit all season we'd be comfortably in the playoffs right now.

Agree 100%. Max has done a great job as stand in but i just think the defence has more confidence with Maenpaa behind them.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Max is the future, Maenpaa will be 35 next season and think he only signed a 1-year deal

35 is not that old for a goalkeeper. If he is still fit, it could even be described as his "prime". At least another couple of seasons would seem reasonable.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

So you're comparing 25 games against 18? Hmmmm....Some of the 18 played by Frankie, hmmmmm...

League games started (so Mäenpää gets credit for the draw at Preston):

Mäenpää
Started: 25
Won: 9
Lost: 7
Drew: 9
Points per game: 1.44 (36% win ratio)

O'Leary
Started: 12
Won: 5
Lost: 5
Drew: 2
Points per game: 1.42 (41.6% win ratio)

Fielding
Started: 5
Won: 4
Lost: 1
Drew: 0
Points per game: 2.40 (80% win ratio)

Marinovic
Started: 1
Won: 0
Lost: 0
Drew: 1
Points per game: 1.00 (0% win ratio)

So, Max comfortably beats Niki on win ratio, but just loses out on (the more important) points per game. 

Frankie comfortably beats them both though - albeit on a much smaller sample size.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say (after numerous edits :ph34r:) is that there really isn't much between Niki and Max in terms of points per game... 

12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

League games started (so Mäenpää gets credit for the draw at Preston):

Mäenpää
Started: 25
Won: 9
Lost: 7
Drew: 9
Points per game: 1.36 (36% win ratio)

O'Leary
Started: 12
Won: 5
Lost: 5
Drew: 2
Points per game: 1.25 (41.6% win ratio)

Fielding
Started: 5
Won: 4
Lost: 1
Drew: 0
Points per game: 2.6 (80% win ratio)

Marinovic
Started: 1
Won: 0
Lost: 0
Drew: 1
Points per game: (0% win ratio)

So, Max beats Niki on win ratio, but loses out on (the more important) points per game. 

Frankie comfortably beats them both though - albeit on a much smaller sample size.

So basically what you're saying, is that Marinovic is clearly our best keeper as he's the only one that's not been on the losing side.

Get him back in....

Archived