IGNORED

Steve Lansdown tweets his “disappointment”

CyderInACan

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

A subtle dig at LJ or the genuine thoughts of a real fan? I guess he is saying he wants us to really go for it?

I suppose a self-made billionaire doesn’t feel the need to be too proficient at posting correct grammar.....at least it’s obvious that he doesn’t employ a PR agency to post on social media on his behalf, as many ‘famous,’ ‘successful’ people do ....

It’s a good tweet - shows there is rightly still pressure on LJ to deliver what we are aiming for (PL) but doing it more sustainably than many others. 

But also looking for everyone to get behind club for last 3 games. 

Would be amazing for him to get that prize after his investment. 

If SL genuinely believes that he has backed LJ & the team sufficiently to warrant a Playoff place then he is having a laugh. If we make it it will because of LJ & despite lack of investment in key areas (again). 

I have a theory that SL doesn’t want promotion because ultimately the current BCFC story of progression is based largely on the ‘dream’ of Premier League football one day. As soon as that happens the 40 year dream is over & reality strikes which will bring a whole new level of risk.

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

I have a theory that SL doesn’t want promotion because ultimately the current BCFC story of progression is based largely on the ‘dream’ of Premier League football one day. As soon as that happens the 40 year dream is over & reality strikes which will bring a whole new level of risk.

Utterly bizarre theory and obviously incorrect. Steve Lansdown desperately craves Premier League status for Bristol City. And City rank at the top of his priorities above the rugby club. 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

A subtle dig at LJ or the genuine thoughts of a real fan? I guess he is saying he wants us to really go for it?

If he was to have a dig there would be no doubt about. Just dissapointed like the rest of us.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I noticed from their tweeted videos that he’s always in the Bears’ dressing room after they win joining in with the Wurzel singalongs - do you think he celebrates with our boys after a victory in the same way? Not a dig at SL, just genuinely inquisitive....

He should stay away from dressing room pre and post match.

Just my opinion of course.

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

He should stay away from dressing room pre and post match.

Just my opinion of course.

Why?  Surely it’s a morale boost for the players to see the owner taking an interest in both City and the Bears? Nothing worse Imv than having an owner who nobody sees.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why?  Surely it’s a morale boost for the players to see the owner taking an interest in both City and the Bears? Nothing worse Imv than having an owner who nobody sees.

Beg to differ.

Players shouldn't give a shit about someone who doesn't (hopefully) have an input on team selection or player recruitment.

A rallying call from someone who knows fuckall about the game is cringeworthy.

SL has been great for City and the rugby club but should in my opinion stay away from dressing rooms.

I don’t think it’s a dig, but it’s a reminder to LJ that there are only three games left and he’s cutting it fine.

Not for one minute do I think LJ is in danger of losing his job, but I will be interested to see if there is a similar interview on the last home game of the season. A year ago SL said there would probably be players leaving in the summer which might prove unpopular ( I think it was at the time but we’ve all got over that now, the only thing I miss are Reid’s goals) and he expected us to finish higher this year, which certainly looks possible. An amazing achievement really when you think of the three players sold. 

As I said, I wonder what the expectation will be next season? I really don’t think the playoffs have been ours for a while, heart still hopes whist sensible head told me a month os so ago it wasn’t to be. So to finish higher would certainly be playoffs at the minimum.

I think that’s pretty much our level, top end Championship team, occasional flirt with the playoffs to seem like we are interested. Unless we suddenly unearth a bit more quality or one of our ones for the future finally matures I think that’s what we will be looking at for the next couple of years. We won’t suddenly be spending millions, and the unfairness of parachute teams will surround us again, not that money always works. We almost got a decent team, just not quite. It will be an interesting window once again, especially with the Chelsea loans going back, and three players is a lot to have to replace on top of any we might sell.

Amazing that a Grammar school educated, self-made billionaire can't even be arsed to use capital letters but hey ho.

The most interesting thing about this tweet is the timing, given he hardly ever tweets, why now after a couple of iffy results? 

I agree it does point to him upping the ante on LJ and the players

Archived