IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

Bristol Rob

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

why sign him in the first place. 

Because he seems to have a lot of quality, but just not hard enough working. Could be a mistake by the club, which happens, but didn't cost loads. Surprised he hasn't been loaned as he could be very good in league one, and then at least make some money on him as teams would then want him and would probably offer half decent money.

On 05/09/2019 at 10:14, BobBobSuperBob said:

He has ability and showed it in flashes in the U23 game recently

I wonder whether he’s found the switch from first team player / pick (At Scunthorpe)  to U23 player here, a hard thing to take and overcome

Psychologically to have to prove yourself at a different level , and to overcome the jump in quality , including in competitors for your place,  another challenge.

Our getting the best out of our players is very mixed but ,

It may be logical that a few fall short in this challenge,  mentally more so than, in technical ability ?

Couldn't agree more Bob...win the mental battle & the 'penny can then drop

10 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

to be fair to the lad he has had no opportunity to show us what he can do. we are good  at signing players and not playing them. 

He’s getting games at U23 level, but he’s not performing well enough in them to deserve a place.  Presumably not showing enough in training either.  Let’s face it, with our injury crisis it should have been reasonably straightforward for him to have had some first team minutes this season.

56 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

to be fair to the lad he has had no opportunity to show us what he can do. we are good  at signing players and not playing them. 

He's appeared a couple of times and been found wanting. Watch him in the 23's and you'll see he's not up to it at this level. He may be one day, but certainly not yet. Same as Bakinson, neither look to me that they want it bad enough.

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

He needs to show what he can do in the u23 games he’s been playing in, and he obviously hasn’t. 

Against Leeds he was atrocious, looked like a downs league player. You can’t keep giving players chances if they aren’t good enough

I’ve met him a few times. He seems a polite fella, but not outwardly confident. Seems to be on the outside of the City set up especially since Taylor and Patterson left. He still believed that LJ could improve his game and had faith in him. Was unhappy not to get a move on TDD. 

28 minutes ago, redapple said:

I’ve met him a few times. He seems a polite fella, but not outwardly confident. Seems to be on the outside of the City set up especially since Taylor and Patterson left. He still believed that LJ could improve his game and had faith in him. Was unhappy not to get a move on TDD. 

TDD?

ADELAKUN IN LOAN TALKS

Bristol City winger Hakeeb Adelakun is the subject of talks over a loan move to Rotherham. 

Sunderland and Doncaster Rovers are also said to be keen on the 23-year-old – but a source has indicated a move to the Millers could be concluded in the next 24 to 48 hours. 

Adelakun, who signed for the Robins on a Bosman free transfer in 2018, has not made an appearance yet this season and took to the pitch only five times last term.

13 minutes ago, Big C said:

ADELAKUN IN LOAN TALKS

Bristol City winger Hakeeb Adelakun is the subject of talks over a loan move to Rotherham. 

Sunderland and Doncaster Rovers are also said to be keen on the 23-year-old – but a source has indicated a move to the Millers could be concluded in the next 24 to 48 hours. 

Adelakun, who signed for the Robins on a Bosman free transfer in 2018, has not made an appearance yet this season and took to the pitch only five times last term.

A good move I think. A half decent League 1 side.

7 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

He was so good at Scunthorpe, it’s so bizarre 

Weird isn't it! You cant tell me he fluked his ability and performances at Scunthorpe. From what LJ said he's very much a confidence player and is very raw in terms of tactical knowledge. 

I think he could struggle at rotherham. 

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

It’ was Scunthorpe - that is the answer to your question.

Another ridiculous signing.

Not exactly ridiculous though was it? 

A player who did well at a lower level and was probably worth a punt to be improved and sold for a profit. 

Clearly hasn’t done as well as expected but not a bizarre signing by any stretch. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not exactly ridiculous though was it? 

A player who did well at a lower level and was probably worth a punt to be improved and sold for a profit. 

Clearly hasn’t done as well as expected but not a bizarre signing by any stretch. 

Another one for the future who  did not cut  it.

If we get a profit   -  great.

40 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

If you were there at Ipswich last season you really would not say that. Appreciate it was very early days, but he looked so out of his depth.

I think it's no co-incidence that even during our injury crisis he never made the bench.

Agree, yet I saw flashes from him in the Rotherham (h) game that suggested there was something there. Not better than we have though.

18 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Another one for the future who  did not cut  it.

If we get a profit   -  great.

The management team are well in credit in terms of young players who've left for a profit or contributed to the first team. The model has worked. 

There's obviously going to be a few that don't work out, that goes without saying really. 

I think the reason people pour scorn on that approach is because it was a culture shock to us. People were shocked at how inflated transfer fees had become and paying 7 figures for players who didn't immediately make the first team seemed crazy. Times have changed, it's not 2007 anymore and our recruitment reflects that. 

Adelukan was a fairly sensible signing really, far less of a risk than say Eliasson, Engvall or Taylor Moore and smaller outlay too. 

Archived