IGNORED

Saturday - A Pre-Match Plea

BessexRED

8 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I've always thought that blaring music kills a pre match atmosphere.

A few choice songs is fine but when it's none stop loud often crap music, it only has one effect and that us to produce calm snd quiet when it eventually stops at kick off 

Nailed it.

No chance to build an atmosphere...why bother it won't be heard anyway- nice and sedate atmosphere...nothing has built naturally.

Clubs play music for varied reasons, theories- this is the result. Rinse and repeat.

13 hours ago, spudski said:

Just this...please ?

Loved that. If the resolution was better I’m sure I could pick myself out in the Eastend ?

Seriously, I used to get into the ground a good hour before and sing and chant, I had to to get a space so I could see ( not tall) but somehow everyone had their places and you found yourself stood on the terraces with the same people around you week after week, year after year.

I can’t remember people drinking at the ground either, local pubs yes but not at the ground? As far as I was aware only the ‘posh’ people in the Williams or Dolman had access to bars? I think there was the Supporters bar ( never went in there) and the players bar we went in after the match for a drink and a chat to the players. Just can’t remember alcohol being sold the way it is in the concourses? Maybe that’s the problem, people are drinking and eating and not out building up the atmosphere. The club must think so as they shut the concourses early one Saturday recently. Also as everyone now has a reserved seat there is no need to arrive early to get a place to stand. 

I think we’ve got too comfy.

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

Loved that. If the resolution was better I’m sure I could pick myself out in the Eastend ?

Seriously, I used to get into the ground a good hour before and sing and chant, I had to to get a space so I could see ( not tall) but somehow everyone had their places and you found yourself stood on the terraces with the same people around you week after week, year after year.

I can’t remember people drinking at the ground either, local pubs yes but not at the ground? As far as I was aware only the ‘posh’ people in the Williams or Dolman had access to bars? I think there was the Supporters bar ( never went in there) and the players bar we went in after the match for a drink and a chat to the players. Just can’t remember alcohol being sold the way it is in the concourses? Maybe that’s the problem, people are drinking and eating and not out building up the atmosphere. The club must think so as they shut the concourses early one Saturday recently. Also as everyone now has a reserved seat there is no need to arrive early to get a place to stand. 

I think we’ve got too comfy.

Totally agree ....

There was limited drink available before games in the 70’s and 80’s hence we all had to get to the ground and go to our places - be it standing or sitting - there was no point waiting outside. 

I cant remember any music so everyone had to make their own entertainment. 

That said - there is nothing stopping everyone coming into the ground early and making an atmosphere - a drink before wasn’t needed then ...  is it now?

I do agree that if everyone got in earlier then the music needs sorting as it is generally pretty crap!

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Totally agree, get the bloke off, keeps reminding us it's Ashton Gate, WE FXXKING KNOW, 

I'm guessing he'll be off to Butlins soon to do his summer stint?

Perhaps if we are lucky he may stay there?

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

One of the best bands ...ever, Bristol too, but he!y! lets have Come on Youuuuu redzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Two thirds (the old and the young) of City fans won't know who they are......and half the people who will know who they are, won't like them.

That's why Massive Attack will have Little Effect with building any kind of decent atmosphere.

Archived