IGNORED

What I don’t get.....

BigAl&Toby

18 hours ago, Pabloavfc said:

Have to agree and one of the main reasons I wanted us to get rid of Steve Bruce as manager. We never had a consistent style or system, we just relied on having better players than the opposition. 

Now under Smith we have that. We lose mings and Grealish against you and play the same. We lose tammy yesterday and play the same way. Look at wolves last year. 

This league is so difficult, you have to be able to consistently put wins together to get out of it and for me that comes from a good manager with good coaching.

Your right, it's all about the system and tactics.  As you alluded to, without Mings n' Grealish you still played the same way. Smith has made a massive difference, by adopting a pattern of play that is effective even if the personnel changes.  That's what really good teams do, they find a system of play that works and stick to it, obviously with some minor adjustments n' tweaks to surprise the opposition occasionally.........but if it's taken as a given that the squad are all technically sound, then players can come in and out, but the system stays the same.  Too many managers worry about the opposition, [their weaknesse's and system are acknowledged of course] instead of making sure that their team's formation and approach is prioritised.

Archived