IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Please, please, please can these lot beat Cardiff on Thursday (not impossible) and please, please let us play them in the second round at the gate.

Let's show these lot what a real owner with real money can achieve with regards to the building of a new stadium.

Little Lee, play a strong team. It doesn't matter how many facebook likes you get, who gives a **** about that. Let's put 3 or 4 past them and remind them of their place in Bristol football on and off the pitch 

Why bother? We beat them relatively easily a couple of seasons ago, we have consistently been the best side for over a decade, we have nothing to prove and only a fan riot/ injuries/ suspensions to gain. If they are ever in the same league as us again the. We have something to prove and a genuine rivalry again. Until then they have a tent and a fake sheik...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

They think it can't be made pay on the day because that will allow Cardiff fans to buy tickets joining them in the away end once the Cardiff stands are sold out.

1) It's the League Cup First Round

2)They're Bristol Rovers, not Man Utd

3) There won't be any space for Cardiff in the away end once all the "Faithful and True" supporters are in there.

You are aware the gas are at home?! Why would Cardiff fans "join them in the away end once the Cardiff stands are sold out"?! Or have I misunderstood?! It has been known!

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Why bother? We beat them relatively easily a couple of seasons ago, we have consistently been the best side for over a decade, we have nothing to prove and only a fan riot/ injuries/ suspensions to gain. If they are ever in the same league as us again the. We have something to prove and a genuine rivalry again. Until then they have a tent and a fake sheik...

Two promotions and a billionaire owner !

On 9 August 2016 at 14:40, Philgas said:

I agree with Danny ... Progress is progress .. I still can't believe we went up twice in a row !! .. Our new owner sasaid from the start evolution not revolution as regards the club .. if he'd had spent absolutely crazy money you lot would've took the piss .. and just because he's trying to build gradually you still take it anyways! ! .. And I won't ever criticise our club when they are trying their hardest to make life better for their fans no matter how small the improvements. . Onwards We Go !!

And I agree progress is progress and given how you started in the Banarama league I suspect that it's more than most sensible fans believed possible with one very important caveat.

UWE should be signed and sealed by now, I just don't understand why you need investment or how somebody so rich cannot fund it and your chairman stating that no one person could possibly fund such an undertaking, none of that sentence makes any sense and the last part is totally untrue.

Your fan base in the main appear to believe that he is a billionaire, even the accurate Evil Post keep calling him a billionaire owner, even though he has said that he isn't, to say i'm confused.com is an understatement add that to your meagre summer recruitment something certainly does not add up.

• Like 2

On 9 August 2016 at 13:09, DancinDannyD said:

....2 years on from Mansfield.  

Mansfield??? What happened against Mansfield? :whistle:

On 9 August 2016 at 17:43, bert tann said:

I wasn’t going to post on here today because I realize that lampooning Rovers to get a serious point of view into the public arena is not something which is popular with everyone and can maybe get a bit stale. In fact ( better I say it before anyone else does) should a City fan go on a Rovers forum and write in the style I do he or she wouldn’t be very popular here.

But I do feel Danny, Phil and the flea should have a response.

It’s not the South West Stand which is the problem nor the canopy, the Facebook likes or any of the other mind numbing stuff which comes out of Rovers. It is the boasting about and drawing attention to our weak points which niggles me. We shouldn’t be serving these things up on a plate to our detractors. Just as Nicholas used to open his mouth and present countless gifts to our rivals Wael is allowing the same to happen now. Only today Darrell is quoted as saying “it’s not if it’s when” about new signings which is exactly the phrase Nicholas used about his ill fated stadium dream. Doesn’t anyone at Rovers think about these things ?

I know there is a hard core of fans who will see no wrong in anything Rovers do no matter how absurd it is. But equally I’m convinced there is a quiet majority who cringe about the amateurish approach just as I do. The perception of Rovers as a cheap rag bag club is being allowed to continues and the effect is two fold. Firstly, if results start to go the wrong way many fans will have had their confidence damaged by these self inflicted wounds and so will turn their discontent on the team and manager much more quickly than they would otherwise be expected to. Secondly, the lackluster view of Rovers in the wider community will remain unchanged and so, in the longer term, persuading new fans to become associated with our club will be much more difficult than it should be.

If you are looking for something positive then I suggest we stop making ourselves look ridiculous by boasting about putting hand dryers in the ladies toilets and try something like this :  

• Find a good cause in North Bristol with which a genuine connection can be made
  • One with which our owner, staff and supporters can feel a genuine affinity
  • Use professional help to explore possibilities of involvement with that good cause
  • Find how a Rovers connection can make a positive impact on that good cause
  • In conjunction with the good cause prepare a long term plan for co-operation
  • Make a commitment in cash and man hours to implement that plan
  • Make sure the Club President takes a personal interest in the venture
  •  Use a professional agency to publicise the association between Rovers and the good cause
  • Hire an A list celebrity for the opening launch to ensure maximum media exposure
  • Allocate competent management to oversee the long term development of the relationship with the good cause
  • Ensure adequate involvement of the owner, staff and supporters in the continuing relationship with the good cause
  • Make sure the publicity regarding the relationship with the good cause is imaginative, sustained and of high quality
  • Demonstrate to sports fans across the whole of Bristol that our President’s February 2016 commitment to promote Rovers active participation in the community is being fulfilled.   

I'm with Danny on this one, there is no way he's a gashed. Articulate, sensible, passionate and seems to have a plan. Please don't let him near the boardroom/boardtent at the men.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Mansfield??? What happened against Mansfield? :whistle:

I'm with Danny on this one, there is no way he's a gashed. Articulate, sensible, passionate and seems to have a plan. Please don't let him near the boardroom/boardtent at the men.

The boardroom is one of those little compartments you get for the kids to sleep in. Be fair to em, it's a big tent!

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 13:53, Philgas said:

Easily pleased whatever you say doesn't change my mind about a club I love and support through thick and thin .. you've had your low points .. crowds of 2,500 etc when you were in the bottom league ... I stand with my head up with pride of being a Rovers fan .. We have got whingers n stuff but what is there to whinge about  ?? I'm happy and if easily pleased is being promoted twice in a row then that's weird. . It's amazing what we've achieved. .. 

never been below 3000 my many fingered friend

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, daored said:

Please, please, please can these lot beat Cardiff on Thursday (not impossible) and please, please let us play them in the second round at the gate.

Let's show these lot what a real owner with real money can achieve with regards to the building of a new stadium.

Little Lee, play a strong team. It doesn't matter how many facebook likes you get, who gives a **** about that. Let's put 3 or 4 past them and remind them of their place in Bristol football on and off the pitch 

I think we all know that if this fixture happened, we would beat you with a disputed 94th minute scrambled toe-punt from Matty Taylor, against the run of play.  One empty seat in the Dolman would be proof that City can never fill Ashton Gate, and a police dog barking at someone wearing a blue and white shirt would be proof that the whole animal kingdom support the poor horses.

3 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I think we all know that if this fixture happened, we would beat you with a disputed 94th minute scrambled toe-punt from Matty Taylor, against the run of play.  One empty seat in the Dolman would be proof that City can never fill Ashton Gate, and a police dog barking at someone wearing a blue and white shirt would be proof that the whole animal kingdom support the poor horses.

:rofl2br:

How tinpot of you

1 minute ago, Super said:

I know it's only a sad little forumite, but wouldn't it serve them right if the club called them out on these sort of stories and sued. I am sure the money for a game like that would have been split out the same way it was at Hengrove, profits to them and other grassroots football in the area. 
Someone should post the positive stuff Hengrove officials said about us after the community game. Thats the real story.

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Be fair, they are a two tent club now. Totally agree though, we just don't need the hassle. Even if we beat them soundly they 'd claim a moral victory.

7 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Be fair, they are a two tent club now. Totally agree though, we just don't need the hassle. Even if we beat them soundly they 'd claim a moral victory.

I like this two tent image. It reminded me of a Month Python sketch about Arthur Two Sheds Jackson. From now on, to me, the Rovers owner will always be Wael Two Tents Al Qadi. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super said:

What I don't get is that not one of them on there - not a single one has even questioned the fact that actually this could be just made up bullshit to try and make the club that are our bitter rivals look bad.

The post could have said absolutely anything and they just all chirp away "dirty 82ers" "horrible club" "delusions of grandeur". I just think they would spread a rumour about absolutely anything that tried to tarnish our club however ridiculous.

fear, jealousy, lies and gas logic - a dangerous mix.

coyr

• Like 1