IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, bris red said:

Deary me.. There is some sort of sickness in that fanbase i swear, how any one group of people can be so deluded really has always baffled me! Just seeing them facilities on TV tonight (or complete lack of should i say) really hit home to me what a dire little tin pot club they are.. What are the al qaeda brigade they have at the helm even doing for that stadium pipe dream anyway.. Fo0k all. They will be playing in that shithole for years yet I gurantee.

I really didn't want to tune in last night as just seeing a gas shirt brings me out in an anger rash. (Luckily I have none of those sad ***** living in my road, or I'd be spending a lot of the time at the police station, and they'd be spending a lot of time in A&E) As it was I did for half an hour and couldn't believe just how bad Cardiff were, shocking. Seeing their ground though, I was laughing my head off, what a ******* dump. I also couldn't believe how bad the attendance was, and the atmosphere was non existent, apart from singing some stupid song about someone called Maureen, or was it Eileen, they really are a very weird cult, maybe they all sleep in the same bed. 

Looking at the sad ******* in the ground, my god, do they all live in one sink estate. If only the producers of Jeremy Kyle knew, they'd have enough guests for the next 10 years :laugh:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Funny that, they couldn't of looked any worse on telly if they tried, awful stadium which was nearly 3/4 empty, dire football, plus there was more atmosphere on the moon. Some people are easily pleased though.

They were probably boycotting the game because of the inclusion of Prem clubs U21's ...

Anybody would think they've deprived us of an FA Cup final :rofl2br:

Well done Rovers, you 'win' the right to play Chelsea's reserves in a half empty Stamford Bridge in the 2nd round of a Competition that few people care about until the latter stages.

I know some City fans are gutted about this for some reason but I genuinely don't care.

I didn't watch the game, presumably the Gas had a full house (like we do when Cardiff visit) and created a cauldron of noise for the cameras to show the public that they're as loud and passionate as they insist on telling everybody?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Philgas said:

Christ alive we won .. end of .. it wasn't a premiership team ..  similar results you've won some of them not great games but getting the result is what counts .. night all 

If you want to read all positive comments about rovers winning then pop over to Gaschat, it's a forum where there will be favourable comments about rovers. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Anybody would think they've deprived us of an FA Cup final :rofl2br:

Well done Rovers, you 'win' the right to play Chelsea's reserves in a half empty Stamford Bridge in the 2nd round of a Competition that few people care about until the latter stages.

I know some City fans are gutted about this for some reason but I genuinely don't care.

I didn't watch the game, presumably the Gas had a full house (like we do when Cardiff visit) and created a cauldron of noise for the cameras to show the public that they're as loud and passionate as they insist on telling everybody?

THREE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED Gas fans turned up for a local derby.

If Rovers had beat us to earn their tie at Chelsea, you could understand the gloating that is all over social media. 

As it is, they are mocking us because of the luck of a cup draw..?!

Celebrate a fun day out in the capital against a top club by all means, but how they think it reflects on us is just bizzare!

#gaslogic

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If Rovers had beat us to earn their tie at Chelsea, you could understand the gloating that is all over social media. 

As it is, they are mocking us because of the luck of a cup draw..?!

Celebrate a fun day out in the capital against a top club by all means, but how they think it reflects on us is just bizzare!

#gaslogic

Had the game been played on Tuesday we wouldnt have known any different!

11 hours ago, Philgas said:

Christ alive we won .. end of .. it wasn't a premiership team ..  similar results you've won some of them not great games but getting the result is what counts .. night all 

All I will say is bearing in mind it was on sky the atmosphere was appalling I would of been ashamed, I hear more noise in the library, but well done on getting your cup final I didn't really want Chelsea anyway seeing we have 2 big games either side of it

I guess for the Tent Dwellers, decent trips don't round too often for them so you can understand their excitement of a trip to The Smoke.

What I don't get is the massive wankfest over the fact we have to go to Scunthorpe - a team in the same league as them, that turned them over less than a week ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Had the game been played on Tuesday we wouldnt have known any different!

Absolutely. The draw should not be made (for any competition) until the complete round of fixtures has been completed, IMO. 

Especially with such a complicated seeding system that leads to so many different outcomes. 

Having said that, who'd have paid any attention to the Rovers match otherwise..?! 

• Like 1

Why are the gloating

we don't give a **** about playing Chelsea we play big clubs every week, we've played former European champions loads of times it isn't a novelty to us any more,

theres only 3 clubs I would of been gutted about us missing out on 1 is arsenal 2 is Liverpool and 3 is man united

thats it 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Absolutely. The draw should not be made (for any competition) until the complete round of fixtures has been completed, IMO. 

Especially with such a complicated seeding system that leads to so many different outcomes. 

Having said that, who'd have paid any attention to the Rovers match otherwise..?! 

Either not made until all fixtures are played, or made before any fixtures are played.

I think its in Italy they do the draw for one of the cups up to around the quarter finals from near the beginning. Its made when its mostly lower league teams and with seeding (I think) but one draw could potentially look something like- AC Milan or Juventus or Sassuolo or Lazio vs Inter Milan or Roma or Bologna or Fiorentina.