IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am totally bored with all this obsession, much of it nasty, about Rovers.

I come on to Otib to learn and comment about all things City.

There is a very subtle clue in the thread title about what you might find on this one. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, cynic said:

Apparently, they have sold just under the allocation of 4,000 and have a couple of hundred tickets available for their beam back.

Thats according to a lucid gashead..

LIAR! 

How dare you suggest that Rovers haven't sold out their initial allocation! 

Don't you know who they are..?! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

LIAR! 

How dare you suggest that Rovers haven't sold out their initial allocation! 

Don't you know who they are..?! 

Mutants on Slagchat and various other Social Media sites were confidently predicting that they would easily sell the initial allocation and they would definitely need at least 6000 tickets for this one. 

Turns out that was lies then?

Who'd have thought it. 

4 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Rubbish don't believe it ... I've got a cubicle for tonight's game .. 

You got the runs Phil?

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been covered already but Rovers fans had to queue outside the ground for Chelsea tickets.  For my colleague at work that meant taking half a day off and driving 20 miles to Bristol, to queue for a ticket with no guarantees of getting one.  It's 2016!

I couldn't help but tell him how I secured my Newcastle tickets from a sun lounger in Majorca.  We moan about our ticketing system, often justifiably, but it could be a lot worse!

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don't know if it's been covered already but Rovers fans had to queue outside the ground for Chelsea tickets.  For my colleague at work that meant taking half a day off and driving 20 miles to Bristol, to queue for a ticket with no guarantees of getting one.  It's 2016!

I couldn't help but tell him how I secured my Newcastle tickets from a sun lounger in Majorca.  We moan about our ticketing system, often justifiably, but it could be a lot worse!

I'm a firm believer in you get what you deserve.  The fact that you can order tickets from a sun lounger in Majorca and the Sags have to queue makes my first point.

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 2

So, loyal football fans of relatively small club queue for tickets for a plum cup match.  Meanwhile across the city, smug fans of club bankrolled by billionaire celebrate making online purchases from their sunbeds abroad.  Frankly, I'd rather be one of those Rovers supporters queuing for a ticket than a fan of one of the multi-million corporate entities who make-up our so called 'premier league'.  Am I the only here who rather admires fans who opt for the smaller club in a two-club city?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Am I the only here who rather admires fans who opt for the smaller club in a two-club city?

The point you're missing is they don't think they are the smaller club. Their delusional levels of grandeur mean they think they are equal, or in the case of most, bigger than us.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So, loyal football fans of relatively small club queue for tickets for a plum cup match.  Meanwhile across the city, smug fans of club bankrolled by billionaire celebrate making online purchases from their sunbeds abroad.  Frankly, I'd rather be one of those Rovers supporters queuing for a ticket than a fan of one of the multi-million corporate entities who make-up our so called 'premier league'.  Am I the only here who rather admires fans who opt for the smaller club in a two-club city?

er Yes

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So, loyal football fans of relatively small club queue for tickets for a plum cup match.  Meanwhile across the city, smug fans of a club bankrolled by billionaire

Am I the only here who rather admires fans who opt for the smaller club in a two-club city?

1) Thought the Gas were bankrolled by a billionaire....that's what their smug fans tell us anyway.

2) Surely very few people 'opt' to support clubs like City or Rovers, most tend to be born into it. As far as I'm concerned Im one of the lucky ones.

• Like 10

Had a gander on SlagChat to see what the latest on UWE is. Apparently an announcement is still imminent (has been for around 4 months) and will probably confirm the new ground is going ahead.

But there are some non-believers who think the stadium might not happen. But don't fear, apparently one ITK poster claims they've found (presumably purchased?) A site in Emerson Green where they'll be able to build a stadium capacity of, wait for it, 55k! Amazingly some sags seem to think there is a chance that may happen, instead of them building the stadium they actually have planning permission for.

It really is like visiting a mental asylum over there.

• Like 9

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Had a gander on SlagChat to see what the latest on UWE is. Apparently an announcement is still imminent (has been for around 4 months) and will probably confirm the new ground is going ahead.

But there are some non-believers who think the stadium might not happen. But don't fear, apparently one ITK poster claims they've found (presumably purchased?) A site in Emerson Green where they'll be able to build a stadium capacity of, wait for it, 55k! Amazingly some sags seem to think there is a chance that may happen, instead of them building the stadium they actually have planning permission for.

55k. Not big enough.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I can't read it, it makes my eyes bleed. After their forum schism anyone with an IQ above 100 went to the gasheads.org forum.  The rest remained, and then migrated to slagchat- truely a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

• Like 1