IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Either which way if the OP is on a wind up or not....this interview is Gold.

The owner of the Blue few admits he is a Chelsea fan, then goes on to say "it will be a tacticians battle" as he compares Antonio Conte with Darrell the Dope; that way around.

No, seriously, he does.

"I've had so many phone calls. I have so many connections with people at Chelsea..."

Who did Chelsea loan Tammy to in order to gain match experience etc?

Oh yeah. :city:

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Is that the queue for the chip shop or to get in to the Sunday market

Think it was for the Car Boot Sale which was recently cancelled.

Regarding their tickets I go to watch City with someone who is married to a Gashead. She told me not only did he leave the house at 7am to go and queue for the Chelsea ticket, he had to produce a VOUCHER from his season ticket BOOKLET!!! How very quaint! We did laugh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So, loyal football fans of relatively small club queue for tickets for a plum cup match.  Meanwhile across the city, smug fans of club bankrolled by billionaire celebrate making online purchases from their sunbeds abroad.  Frankly, I'd rather be one of those Rovers supporters queuing for a ticket than a fan of one of the multi-million corporate entities who make-up our so called 'premier league'.  Am I the only here who rather admires fans who opt for the smaller club in a two-club city?

You've summed it up perfactly

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So, loyal football fans of relatively small club queue for tickets for a plum cup match.  Meanwhile across the city, smug fans of club bankrolled by billionaire celebrate making online purchases from their sunbeds abroad.  Frankly, I'd rather be one of those Rovers supporters queuing for a ticket than a fan of one of the multi-million corporate entities who make-up our so called 'premier league'.  Am I the only here who rather admires fans who opt for the smaller club in a two-club city?

We need to realise that the fans queuing have done so to support their club, as we would.

Most of us I guess were born to be City.  I've never even lived in Bristol but generations of my family had. I lived in Manchester as a child and got ribbed repeatedly about the team but never once did I consider switching allegiances and this was  from age 5.

The gas fans who stuck with them through non league probably didn't have a choice but I can't find it in myself to slate them for queuing for tickets for this match.

Good luck to them to be honest, hoping they only get done by 1 or 2 goals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes you are.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Had a gander on SlagChat to see what the latest on UWE is. Apparently an announcement is still imminent (has been for around 4 months) and will probably confirm the new ground is going ahead.

But there are some non-believers who think the stadium might not happen. But don't fear, apparently one ITK poster claims they've found (presumably purchased?) A site in Emerson Green where they'll be able to build a stadium capacity of, wait for it, 55k! Amazingly some sags seem to think there is a chance that may happen, instead of them building the stadium they actually have planning permission for.

It really is like visiting a mental asylum over there.

I have heard its 27 acres in Almondsbury they are sniffing around,seriously.

Only armchair premier league fans choose their team.

Also, would I want to support a club who forces me to take a morning off work and spend £10 on fuel to queue for a ticket I have no guarantees of getting, in the Internet age? No thanks. They are stuck 20 years in the past.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Green belt land......good luck with that

Exactly, same as Emersons would be. We only got consent for AV in the green belt because of the WC bid. Not to mention the purchase of a new site on the fringes of Bristol (land which is all banked by national housebuilders) would cost millions...

The point remains, they have an unbelievable offer on the table from UWE who are GIFTING them the land for nothing. They have a planning consent for a stadium that is more than big enough for their needs so what's the problem?

The only conclusion I can come to is that they don't have the funds to complete UWE, so I'm sure as hell they don't have the funds to go off buying expensive land and submitting further speculative planning applications.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We need to realise that the fans queuing have done so to support their club, as we would.

Most of us I guess were born to be City.  I've never even lived in Bristol but generations of my family had. I lived in Manchester as a child and got ribbed repeatedly about the team but never once did I consider switching allegiances and this was  from age 5.

The gas fans who stuck with them through non league probably didn't have a choice but I can't find it in myself to slate them for queuing for tickets for this match.

Good luck to them to be honest, hoping they only get done by 1 or 2 goals.

I'm not slating the fans; respect to them for making the effort to queue for a ticket on a weekday morning. I am slating the club for making them do that in the Internet age.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Had a gander on SlagChat to see what the latest on UWE is. Apparently an announcement is still imminent (has been for around 4 months) and will probably confirm the new ground is going ahead.

But there are some non-believers who think the stadium might not happen. But don't fear, apparently one ITK poster claims they've found (presumably purchased?) A site in Emerson Green where they'll be able to build a stadium capacity of, wait for it, 55k! Amazingly some sags seem to think there is a chance that may happen, instead of them building the stadium they actually have planning permission for.

What only 55,000? - that'll leave 45,000 locked out of each home game.

Noticed the SAG shop in Kingswood had to close today - pavement was being dug up to sort out a gas leak - ironic!

Today of all days - they could've sold three shirts.

Wonder whether the shop manager was singing "The Gas, the Gas.... We Gotta get rid of the Gas!"

I hope someome has managed to get a photo.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not slating the fans; respect to them for making the effort to queue for a ticket on a weekday morning. I am slating the club for making them do that in the Internet age.

I agree! But I guess it's tricky to organise whilst the staff are busy holding down the marquee in the winds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Also, would I want to support a club who forces me to take a morning off work and spend £10 on fuel to queue for a ticket I have no guarantees of getting, in the Internet age? No thanks. They are stuck 20 years in the past.

No we just spend hours on the phone when online doesn't work :laugh:

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Usual boring reply, 

FTG

UTC

If you have no interest in the thread, then first of all why open it?

Secondly why then post in that thread telling people that you don't like the thread and thereby bringing said thread you have an issue with back to the top of the forum and in doing so bringing more attention to it, increasing the chances of more posts in the thread?

Enlighten me as the simple solution appears to be not opening the thread, or if you do, not posting that you don't care.

26 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I agree! But I guess it's tricky to organise whilst the staff are busy holding down the marquee in the winds.

Whilst I agree that it's laughable that in the 21st Century they still can't handle online/phone ticketing, I don't like the fact that you can no longer walk down the Gate and buy a ticket in a person.

Phone and online is fine, but would be nice to still be able to buy in person if your down/near the Gate too.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not a chance at Emersons, that areas only getting more houses on it!

17 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Whilst I agree that it's laughable that in the 21st Century they still can't handle online/phone ticketing, I don't like the fact that you can no longer walk down the Gate and buy a ticket in a person.

Phone and online is fine, but would be nice to still be able to buy in person if your down/near the Gate too.

Agree again, it can't really be that difficult, can it?

1 hour ago, Red Rag said:

I have heard its 27 acres in Almondsbury they are sniffing around,seriously.

Walk my dog there every day, got to be a Village green.

9 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Not a chance at Emersons, that areas only getting more houses on it!

Then I get in the car drive to Emersons Green and walk my dog again. Another Village Green.

Dog's bloody knackered.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

bring back berol I say......and another thing...don't get this love in for the horsebelters by some off here

It's not a 'love in' it's just realising that they will support their club no matter what, just as we did as we plummeted down the league.

It's called empathy.

• Like 1