IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Selred said:

I wouldn't say the Chelsea team was reserves. World cup winners, £33 million strikers, a couple of youths who are in and around the first team yes but still very strong.

Started Fabregas and JT and Hazard came on about 10 minutes from the end...

I was shocked that all happened to be fair. Thought it would have been Rovers v Chelsea U21s.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just Red said:

You know what,  times change. I loved standing on the East End for many years,  but now I love our new stadium far far more. Ok there may not be the packed in like sardines feel but all the new facilities on other make up for that and some. Would I swap it all if given the choice? Would I ****!! Your only saying you love it because that's all you have got and all you will ever likely have. 

I'm speaking from the heart .. always mean what I say 

9 hours ago, WjF said:

I'm surprised you lot are allowed out of the asylum on any given day. Deluded bunch of tossers with a cluster-**** of a mentality rounded off with with a smorgasboard of chip-on-shoulder envy with a deft sprinkling of fifth-rate inferiority.

There's a forum for your views and... surprisingly... it isn't this one.

Now, do us all a favour and FTFO. Oh, and when you get there, FO again.

We don't care what you think .. no chip on the shoulder .. step back and read what you've put .. very bitter man .. you don't even know me and calling me a tosser  .. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

I'm not comparing the two, I just don't get all the rovers bashing when they've taken a big away following when we would be doing the same if it was us

I'd like to think not.

Is it not the sign of a small lower league club that they get so excited about visiting a 'big' club, at a 'big ground', in what at this stage is a nothing competition?

Unlike Rovers, Bristol City have big games at big grounds almost every week, so I'd like to think our fanbase wouldn't get so feverish about an early round visit to Chelsea in the League Cup.

I don't see it as anything to be proud of to suddenly take thousands to games like this, it really just reinforces what a usually insignificant club you are, and how paltry your support is for far more important away games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

7 changes from their last League match, same as us last night and I'm pretty sure you could say we more or less played our reserves. It certainly wasn't a full strength Chelsea side. Still plenty good enough to beat most teams but not full strength.

Please dont compare the depth of our squad with Chelsea's Rich ? Enough people have commented that Chelsea didn't send out a reserve team combo and based upon both distant and recent history I am certain we would have taken more there than the gas.

10 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I was there in the days of Gibson Ford Briggs etc .. and would rather see Blue & White Quarters in this city than kids (yours?) wearing Manure or Barca or other global brands.  I suspect if the other half had a 25000 ground it would fill up on a couple of games each season  just like ours will Newcastle and Villa .. 

You sad @@@@!!

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

True gas logic there. Unless they are filling the ground every week (they aren't), then % capacity is irrelevant.

As a true comparison of support I always use our most recent Wembley visits as the barometer. For a game against Walsall in the paint pot trophy, we took over 40k. For arguably the most important game in Rovers history, Rovers took less than 30k.

No further questions your honour.

24,000 to be precise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

We would also have had more than 4K home fans for Cardiff aswell! 

That's the bottom line.

More Gasheads went to Stamford Bridge last night than could be bothered to show up at home against Cardiff City. All this does is highlight how many of them come out of the woodwork for a trip to a big Premier League ground, as Iron Man said, they still haven't sold out their game against Swindon.

...and they call us plastic :blink:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The real icing on the cake will be we draw Chelsea at home 

Then get stuffed 5-0 and have the gloating blue few on here for weeks after rubbing it in how they are obviously better than us.

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 13:35, harrys said:

As Phantom suggested might happen (it wont let me quote for some reason), I did wonder on the way home last night if you would get Chelsea in the next round.

Anyway, there is a lot of bitching/crowing from both sides about last night. I had a great night out at a ground I don't get to go to often, in a great atmosphere, and my team gave a decent account of themselves against what was  a long, long way from being Chelsea reserves. Pretty much what fans of lower league clubs hope for in cup competitions.

We took a lot of fans, and you would have taken the same. We 'took over' the pubs, and you would have done the same. You took 70 odd to Scunthorpe, and we would have taken a similar amount under the circumstances (although I will confess that I thought you would have broken the 100 mark with northern based supporters)

Last night was Rovers turn, you (and pretty much every other league club) will have their turn soon enough.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You took 70 odd to Scunthorpe, and we would have taken a similar amount under the circumstances (although I will confess that I thought you would have broken the 100 mark with northern based supporters)

72 was the advance sales and didn't include POTD. It was almost certainly in excess of 100 but that's not quite an exciting story.

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As Phantom suggested might happen (it wont let me quote for some reason), I did wonder on the way home last night if you would get Chelsea in the next round.

Anyway, there is a lot of bitching/crowing from both sides about last night. I had a great night out at a ground I don't get to go to often, in a great atmosphere, and my team gave a decent account of themselves against what was  a long, long way from being Chelsea reserves. Pretty much what fans of lower league clubs hope for in cup competitions.

We took a lot of fans, and you would have taken the same. We 'took over' the pubs, and you would have done the same. You took 70 odd to Scunthorpe, and we would have taken a similar amount under the circumstances (although I will confess that I thought you would have broken the 100 mark with northern based supporters)

Last night was Rovers turn, you (and pretty much every other league club) will have their turn soon enough.

To be fair, as stated above we do play fairly big clubs on a regular basis, obviously not the size of Chelsea though (apart from the Geordies and villa) 

you lot have been in the wilderness for many years now playing some pretty average clubs to say the least so apart from Chelsea I was surprised to see you had less than 10,000 for Bolton who must be the biggest club you've played in years. 

What i'm getting at is apart from our two years in league one we've played the likes of Leeds , forest , Birmingham , Sheffield Wednesday etc fairly regular for 10 years and gradually the novelty wears off to a certain extent . I would expect a massive upturn in your fan base this season especially away from home. 

33 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

72 was the advance sales and didn't include POTD. It was almost certainly in excess of 100 but that's not quite an exciting story.

I did think 72 didn't sound quite right, but like you say, generally in life people don't tend to let the facts get in the way of a good story.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be fair, as stated above we do play fairly big clubs on a regular basis, obviously not the size of Chelsea though (apart from the Geordies and villa) 

you lot have been in the wilderness for many years now playing some pretty average clubs to say the least so apart from Chelsea I was surprised to see you had less than 10,000 for Bolton who must be the biggest club you've played in years. 

What i'm getting at is apart from our two years in league one we've played the likes of Leeds , forest , Birmingham , Sheffield Wednesday etc fairly regular for 10 years and gradually the novelty wears off to a certain extent . I would expect a massive upturn in your fan base this season especially away from home. 

I wouldn't have thought so, and I can't ever really think of Bolton as being that big a club. Fans will turn up for what they perceive to be big clubs, like the ones you mention, although in reality the ones you mention are no more than on a par with City, and have been for a while.

I suspect Villa and Newcastle will be big 'days out' for City this year, whereas Norwich won't be.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I wouldn't have thought so, and I can't ever really think of Bolton as being that big a club. Fans will turn up for what they perceive to be big clubs, like the ones you mention, although in reality the ones you mention are no more than on a par with City, and have been for a while.

I suspect Villa and Newcastle will be big 'days out' for City this year, whereas Norwich won't be.

Villa and Newcastle will be but its all relative i.e Bolton are a big club historically along with Coventry , Sheffield Utd and you haven't played them for a long time. 

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Villa and Newcastle will be but its all relative i.e Bolton are a big club historically along with Coventry , Sheffield Utd and you haven't played them for a long time. 

Maybe it's an age thing, I grew up in the 60s and 70s and don't think of them as big a club as , say Sheffield United. Although I do vaguely remember them having a very brief top flight period back then, possibly in the peter Reid or Gordon Taylor era. Bolton and Sheffield United away are both midweek fr us, so no massive away following there.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Think they just missed out on that Barca keeper who went to Man City... there was me thinking they were the richer, more prestigious club :blink:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Their mentality literally summed up in one tweet. They took 4000 fans to one of Europes biggest clubs, so what? They are struggling to sell out a game that's 45 minutes away..

Typical City fan spin...4k is all we were given, and no, we wouldn't have taken 14,000 had we  the tickets...'struggling to sell out'- another ridiculous statement...we can and will sell 90 per cant of our capacity for every home game...you, in your shiny 'new' stadium will not.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Typical City fan spin...4k is all we were given, and no, we wouldn't have taken 14,000 had we  the tickets...'struggling to sell out'- another ridiculous statement...we can and will sell 90 per cant of our capacity for every home game...you, in your shiny 'new' stadium will not.....

What's ridiculous S A G? You're struggling to sell out a game that's about 40 minutes away. This is a stone cold fact. http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/swindon-tickets-on-sale-until-11am-friday-3269784.aspx 

Always helps when you will have a "90 per cant" capacity when your capacity is about 5 white plastic chairs and one Chernobyl nuclear testing stand that holds 20 people.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Ha ha what belter, can't even sell out for swindle and your shitty stolen dump holds 11,000 not 27,000 bit of a difference . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Pull your head out your ass and stop chatting shit . 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ha ha what belter, can't even sell out for swindle and your shitty stolen dump holds 11,000 not 27,000 bit of a difference . 

'what belter'...I can't spell 'per cent' and you cannot use articles correctly (a,the.an) in case you don't know what they are...'stolen dump'...the dump bit fair enough..stolen? No, bought my 'friend'... and it's our dump...

• Like 1