IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The gas already creaming themselves because they sold more than us to sheffield utd :facepalm: they just dont get it do they. Anyone have our first away crowd at shrff utd in 20 years? 

Also can they take several thousand to sheff wed in league one....

I'm genuinely amazed at how thick and deluded some of them are. 

I've said it before...but I always thought it was banter, but they really are that deluded and really do think they have something "up" on us. :clapping:

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm genuinely amazed at how thick and deluded some of them are. 

I've said it before...but I always thought it was banter, but they really are that deluded and really do think they have something "up" on us. :clapping:

They also loved the fact they took 100 more than us to Nottingham last season for their 'invasion' game, they were indeed jerking off over that.

Like with Wednesday, we took 4000+ to Forest so I don't get how this is a huge victory for them

Looks like the gas can expect to win against 10 men again this weekend, with a penalty to help them along the way:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All is well for this weekend, we have Trevor Kettle - Doh :jawdrop:
Last Edit: 13 hours ago by philbemmygas

Post by fatherbrown on 12 hours ago

Trevor kettle,has officiated two games this season, 10 yellows, 2 red,so far.

Post by gasincider on 12 hours ago

Trevor Kettle has also given us more penalties in his career than any other club.

So it appears after 6 games without defeat - 4 draws & 2 wins the deluded gas are coming for us based on RB comments.

A couple of wins and they could be in the play offs - Lets hope we get to the Prem league as we don't want the unthinkable happening and the gap to be closed, terrifying thought that we would have to entertain the Gypos at our nice stadium as well as visit the stolen ramshackle relic of a ground on the other side of town

Serious point; can they afford to get promoted?

I don't mean from a player/wages perspective, would their ground be suitable for Championship football? 

I know you get some time to go all seater, but with all the delays they've had with UWE and the fact the Mem doesn't have planning permission (and getting anything done in this city is almost impossible) would they be able to satisfy the stadium criteria?

With Wally seemingly reluctant to spend any money and external funding being needed for their new ground, could they raise the couple of million they might need to kick the Mem in to shape in the short term given that it would be dead money.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Serious point; can they afford to get promoted?

I don't mean from a player/wages perspective, would their ground be suitable for Championship football? 

I know you get some time to go all seater, but with all the delays they've had with UWE and the fact the Mem doesn't have planning permission (and getting anything done in this city is almost impossible) would they be able to satisfy the stadium criteria?

With Wally seemingly reluctant to spend any money and external funding being needed for their new ground, could they raise the couple of million they might need to kick the Mem in to shape in the short term given that it would be dead money.

the gas have as much chance of promotion this season as us

To answer a few concerns about our bribing of referees, can I quote the deluded forum?

"Since the Torquay home game on New Year's Day 2015,we went over 21 months without being awarded a penalty in a home league match (Walsall 13/9/2016) both dodgy ones mind you.Now had 2 in the last 11 days!"

So it's not all luck then.

Early days, but one point off the playoffs.

You must be horrified at the thought we might be coming for you.

Crap striker, crap manager, crap owner, crap fans. How is this happening?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To answer a few concerns about our bribing of referees, can I quote the deluded forum?

"Since the Torquay home game on New Year's Day 2015,we went over 21 months without being awarded a penalty in a home league match (Walsall 13/9/2016) both dodgy ones mind you.Now had 2 in the last 11 days!"

Dopey's intensive coaching on how to dive/fall over in the penalty area is obviously paying dividends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Slight difference between stuffing an established championship side 4-0 away and scabbing a win at home v Port Vale.

Perspective mate.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

What's happening again? Don't tell me you scabbed a lucky win against Port Vale inside Chernobyl you're coming for us. I'd worry a bit more about Forest Green if I were you, got to overtake then first.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Slight difference between stuffing an established championship side 4-0 away and scabbing a win at home v Port Vale.

Perspective mate.

You make a fair point, but we can only play the teams we have in this league, and if we beat Port Vale, who were 5th this morning, then that is a good result, especially with our £20m striker Matty Taylor out with a hamstring thingy.

12 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Horrified? Doubt it... You are so far behind us in terms of pretty much everything its not even funny anymore.

You could also say early days but we are 2 points of the playoffs :mf_sleep:

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Horrified? Doubt it... You are so far behind us in terms of pretty much everything its not even funny anymore

True, but there is a small chance we will be playing you in the Championship next year.

It all hinges on the new stadium. If it fails we might do a Yeovil. If it happens, who knows?

46 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Genuine question - what exactly does "coming for you" mean?

If you got promoted why does it have to be about us?

Not that I am suggesting for one minute we would make the Premier league any time soon, but we don't sing that we're coming for Watford.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

True, but there is a small chance we will be playing you in the Championship next year.

It all hinges on the new stadium. If it fails we might do a Yeovil. If it happens, who knows?

No problem playing you in the championship, IF you can catch us up. 

I'd rather you failed, but if you get yourselves up then fair play. It will be no reflection on us. As long as we don't get relegated down to your level, then it's out of our hands. 

Come & catch us, if you can! 

47 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You make a fair point, but we can only play the teams we have in this league, and if we beat Port Vale, who were 5th this morning, then that is a good result, especially with our £20m striker Matty Taylor out with a hamstring thingy.

And they can only you, and the reason is because that's where you have placed yourself, amongst the likes of Port Vale. Thankfully we have placed ourselves above you, against the likes of Newcastle and Villa, until next August at worst. 

47 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Answer this question honestly Flea..... Do you really honestly think your coming for us? haha

Even if you did make the championship mate let me tell you, you will still have a long, long way to go before you can consistently compete with City... and thats with us standing still..

Considering our club is on the biggest upward curve under the current regime that we have ever known, you will need a bloody miracle!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Answer this question honestly Flea..... Do you really honestly think your coming for us? haha

Even if you did make the championship mate let me tell you, you will still have a long, long way to go before you can consistently compete with City... and thats with us standing still..

Considering our club is on the biggest upward curve under the current regime that we have ever known, you will need a bloody miracle!! 

So is their's. Their tent pole almost withstood a shot. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

And they can only you, and the reason is because that's where you have placed yourself, amongst the likes of Port Vale. Thankfully we have placed ourselves above you, against the likes of Newcastle and Villa, until next August at worst. 

In fairness, if Burton get relegated, Yeovil are long gone, the Championship will need a new "tiny club", punching well above their weight for a season. Rovers would fit the bill. Although Burton & Yeovil do both have much better stadiums. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, if Burton get relegated, Yeovil are long gone, the Championship will need a new "tiny club", punching well above their weight for a season. Rovers would fit the bill. Although Burton & Yeovil do both have much better stadiums. 

Those clubs had a certain charm though, like they appreciated where they were than expected it.