IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Hello dear friends.  Nice to remember sellout crowds of the past.  I'm sure we all want those days back.  

Hoping we tank Northampton tomorrow and their maverick George Best of the lower leagues - John-Joe O'Toole, who when he was with us said he wanted to be playing in the Championship.  If only he'd stayed with us.

Obviously I hope Forest win, but I fear it's three points for you.

By the way, Ashton Gate looks a bit like the City Ground nowadays, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Hello dear friends.  Nice to remember sellout crowds of the past.  I'm sure we all want those days back.  

Hoping we tank Northampton tomorrow and their maverick George Best of the lower leagues - John-Joe O'Toole, who when he was with us said he wanted to be playing in the Championship.  If only he'd stayed with us.

By the way, Ashton Gate looks a bit like the City Ground nowadays, don't you think?

So bitter

8 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Looks nothing like it.

The Mem looks like Chernobyl though

Plus Northampton are above you... Enjoy

Edited by Dark Wood Covert
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

John joe o'toole the player u lot were creaming yourselves over .  Then your fans attacked him . You're not in the championship. And as a Bolton fan said your ground looks like Chernobyl. When u got something to debate properly we will discuss it . Until then stop chatting shit . 

5 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Oi oi. I meant it about the City Ground. Your sarcasm detectors are overset to double max.

city-ground-nottingham-forest-1417082198

I can see the confusion here. You mean 'looks like' in the context of having permanent concrete and steel structures on all four sides.

its generally the norm at our level old chap, but thanks for trying. 

Edited by Son Of Nob
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Oi oi. I meant it about the City Ground. Your sarcasm detectors are overset to double max.

city-ground-nottingham-forest-1417082198

I guess a fan of such a small club rarely experiences going to places like the 'City Ground' and so on....

I bet its nice for you to look at pics mind... dream the dream, oh wait your sole dream is to be above your far superior neighbours, right?

21 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I guess a fan of such a small club rarely experiences going to places like the 'City Ground' and so on....

I bet its nice for you to look at pics mind... dream the dream, oh wait your sole dream is to be above your far superior neighbours, right?

I'll probably watch a Wessex League game tomorrow. The facilities will be better than The SagField or whatever it's called. Doubt I'll see a tent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

I'll probably watch a Wessex League game tomorrow. The facilities will be better than The SagField or whatever it's called. Doubt I'll see a tent.

My local side Brimscombe & Thrupp play in the Hellenic Premier, don't see a tent or patio furniture there either... 

But then they aren't hillbillies

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purple Paul said:

You were probably already on your toes by then. It happened whether you lot can remember or it or not.

Complete nonsense, and once again makes a mockery of calling yourself Purple Paul.

You're obviously very much a Rovers fan, so stop this ridiculous pretence that you support both Bristol clubs equally. 

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep, I was at the Glos cup game and did the same. Think we won on Pens , then ran on at the end (14 at the time) they came on and chased us off the pitch, virtually all kids , I managed to hurdle the fence into the enclosure. As for every other game there, never had a problem, Although it came close when they played West ham one year...... that's another story.

EDIT:  BTW for a matter of interest as they think this pisstake thread is obsession rather than comedy gold. I made it through the first 3 thread on their gAssHat forum before giving up. Surprise , surprise all 3 end up mentioning us...

Deluded, pathological lairs , obsessed and hypocritical , sums it up I think. 

Haha I was probably on he pitch with you, there for the WHU game as well after our game at the Saints was called off at the last minute

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Someone was missing us a few posts back. I come on here to relieve his pain and look what I get.

Bye then.

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Few posters looking at those photos and secretly thinking "hmm they do look a bit alike actually".

Goodnight.

Welcome... oh goodbye....

Yes they look similar as in the are structures containing banks of seats inside a steel and concrete structure that provides walk ways / concourse / toilets / food and drink facilities. The design inside and outside - not really, similarities in that there is only so much you can do to individualise a stadium, but the West Stand looks pretty unique, the South Stand has a nice clean sleek line to it both inside and out... Dolman / Atyeo - well they were built pretty much as a standard build in the days - rolled out all over the country, but I fullly expect them to be unique - though I expect them to remain for a long time as I have a suspicion the ground will be re-orientated at some point in the future !

11 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The Dolman was anything but "standard build" at the time it was built. One of the very first with no pillars, multi purpose (bowls) etc. It was way ahead of its time. Just that it was built a long time ago, and that time has has passed and moved on since! 

It was a standard build in that it was rolled out in indenti-kit format across the country.... it may have been ahead of it's time in design, but that exact design was put up all over the country. Something can be new and innovative without being unique.

31 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It was a standard build in that it was rolled out in indenti-kit format across the country.... it may have been ahead of it's time in design, but that exact design was put up all over the country. Something can be new and innovative without being unique.

Oh yeah, agree: all I'm saying is it was one of the first (if not the first without pillars?). Sure it became the standard design, but maybe in 5 years everyone will be putting up Lansdown stands!!!

17 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Had a sag say to me today that we were just a franchise team playing at trashton gate,the mind absolutely boggles.

Ask them what 'franchise' means if it happens again. That's what I do and they haven't got an answer, they don't actually know what the word means and just seem to mumble some b0llox about MK Dons and Wimbledon...

It's laughable!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ask them what 'franchise' means if it happens again. That's what I do and they haven't got an answer, they don't actually know what the word means and just seem to mumble some b0llox about MK Dons and Wimbledon...

It's laughable!

Don't worry he was put firmly back in his box,even an egg chaser joined in to explain what a franchise actually is.Sometimes the sound of silence can be deafening.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, harrys said:

Haha I was probably on he pitch with you, there for the WHU game as well after our game at the Saints was called off at the last minute

Our car load also went to a Rovers /West Ham game after a late City postponement.

Southampton sounds about right. Probably '79-ish?

We ended up in the side enclosure and I remember a motley stream of laughing West Ham fans being led past us down to the Muller Road end after making their presence felt in the Tote End.

Being in amongst them, my abiding memory of that game has always been what an odd lot most of the Rovers fans were.