IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

What do any of you know about the rovers team standard, you don't go, maybe you see the odd Highlight on TV.   It's like me commenting on city, all I know is your doing pretty well and have a loaner striker who scores for fun.  If we go up we deserve it, if your in the prem next season you deserve it.         The only think for certain is that DC is a fantastic manager, motivationally, tactically, maybe Johnson is as well but it's too early for you to make the call.    I think it's great that players that were conference standard have improved so much on a technical level, it's gives hope to anyone in sport that if your coaching is good enough then you can advance quickly and its great for the game that it's not only splashing crazy cash that gets results, ie Leicester.  M Taylor is the prime example looked like an ave conf player, in 2 seasons he's become a Marcus Stewart clone, due to Marcus Stewart coaching.     

On a separate note nice to hear Gerry gows relative on the radio earlier, really touched by the thoughts made ref Gerry by Bristolians

That's it... Jager need.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

What do any of you know about the rovers team standard, you don't go, maybe you see the odd Highlight on TV.   It's like me commenting on city, all I know is your doing pretty well and have a loaner striker who scores for fun.  If we go up we deserve it, if your in the prem next season you deserve it.         The only think for certain is that DC is a fantastic manager, motivationally, tactically, maybe Johnson is as well but it's too early for you to make the call.    I think it's great that players that were conference standard have improved so much on a technical level, it's gives hope to anyone in sport that if your coaching is good enough then you can advance quickly and its great for the game that it's not only splashing crazy cash that gets results, ie Leicester.  M Taylor is the prime example looked like an ave conf player, in 2 seasons he's become a Marcus Stewart clone, due to Marcus Stewart coaching.     

On a separate note nice to hear Gerry gows relative on the radio earlier, really touched by the thoughts made ref Gerry by Bristolians

That's it... Jager need.

Well I think we all know you have a fantastic way of making the opposition go down to men and getting about 55 penalties a game. Kudos for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The chance of them getting a third successive promotion is virtually zero in my opinion, but imagine if they do it. They are going to be so completely out of their depth up here that it will be great entertainment.

From miamigas;   http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8399/oldham-rovers-matchday-thread?page=12

Just incredible what DC and his players are achieving lately, especially after 2 consecutive promotions. I honestly don't ever remember a time before when no matter who's in the team, who we're up against and whether we're in front or behind, I always feel relaxed and confident that we'll get a result. And even if we do lose a game every now and then, you just know that they'll bounce back.
What a time to be a Gashead!

I mean....this. We go 2 goals behind away from home, get a draw and it almost seems like a loss. 2 seasons ago it took the play-offs. Last season, automatic but could do better. Only leaves one way to go up this season....Champs. Whether we will or not is to be decided, BUT trust me my fellow Gas 'Eads, we're going up. FTG!
Kippogas; Champions by 20+ pts
Edited by 22A

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

That's it... Jager need.

A **** off. What's it got to do with you.  

17 hours ago, Pirate said:

Be good for Bristol if both teams are playing a higher standard of football. Galley and Jarman would be proud.

Both teams may then also be able to attract a better quality of player as we might no longer be seen as a backwater.

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

It's how the rest of the football world does it, but you are so bitter about it to see. You can get help with your inferiority complex from any reputable psychiatrist. 

45 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We actually spent less then we made that season. So get your facts right pal

But you still spent a couple of million. My facts are right "pal".

49 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes and we pissed the league and won the JPT. What dont you get?

It's a "god awful league" but you had to spend millions to get out of it whilst seriously struggling in it the season before. If it's so awful why did you have to spend millions to have any success in the league?

48 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We finished the season pretty comfortably and then pissed the league with a net spend of £0

You finished 11 points clear, not sure that's "pretty comfortably". You spent millions before you even sold Baldock, you were spending regardless.

Thanks for the bites lads.:robbored:

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

It's a "god awful league" but you had to spend millions to get out of it whilst seriously struggling in it the season before. If it's so awful why did you have to spend millions to have any success in the league?

You finished 11 points clear, not sure that's "pretty comfortably". You spent millions before you even sold Baldock, you were spending regardless.

Did you chose the username seventeen in recognition of the number of years since you finished above us in the league?

mind the gap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

Couple of million? More gas lies. List the players we bought that equated to us spending a "couple of million".

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

11 points clear is not 'pretty comfortably'?!!! 

**** me, what world do you live in? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

11 points clear is not 'pretty comfortably'?!!! 

**** me, what world do you live in? 

The same world where Wael is a billionaire, they are getting their new stadium, they have a huge fanbase respected and loved throughout the country, and they are "coming for us". Its quite possibly the illusion planet from that episode of Star Trek the original series.

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

D'you know what? It's smart arse comments like this from sags like you, on a City forum, that just reinforces my dislike for your vile little club. A few posters have said reasonable things about the Blue Few - you just come here trying to be clever. I'm sure you'll be telling all your chums how you've wound us all up! Oh well done...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

11 points clear and safe a few games before the end of the season, remind me how you lot finished that season?

We spent regardless because there were always going to be players leaving and we had freed up a huge chunk from the wage bill by getting rid of the wasters here before that.

Also, players who were a part of our title winning season were here the season before that- Frankie, Cunningham, Flint, Williams, Pack, JET, Osborne, Elliot (free transfer having been here on loan the season before) Wagstaff, Reid, Pack, Bryan and Burns.

Players we spent money on for that season: Agard (circa 700k), Smith- part exchange and circa 200k, Freeman 300-450k, Ayling was compensation only.

Other signings: Little (free), Elliott (free), Wilbraham (free).

So that's a maximum spend of 1.3m plus minimal compensation fee for Ayling. So we didn't spent "millions" before we sold Baldock, just the 1.

We had also, prior to the sale of Baldock, got rid of 5 or 6 players on big wages.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

11 points clear and safe a few games before the end of the season, remind me how you lot finished that season?

We spent regardless because there were always going to be players leaving and we had freed up a huge chunk from the wage bill by getting rid of the wasters here before that.

Also, players who were a part of our title winning season were here the season before that- Frankie, Cunningham, Flint, Williams, Pack, JET, Osborne, Elliot (free transfer having been here on loan the season before) Wagstaff, Reid, Pack, Bryan and Burns.

Players we spent money on for that season: Agard (circa 700k), Smith- part exchange and circa 200k, Freeman 300-450k, Ayling was compensation only.

Other signings: Little (free), Elliott (free), Wilbraham (free).

So that's a maximum spend of 1.3m plus minimal compensation fee for Ayling. So we didn't spent "millions" before we sold Baldock, just the 1.

We had also, prior to the sale of Baldock, got rid of 5 or 6 players on big wages.

Don't waste your time using facts and logic on the f**kwit , it may have been 11 points but more importantly it was 8 teams. 8 teams that would have also got those extra points as that's how the League works.  

Some umm guests on here actually contribute to threads, and then others ..........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

"Thanks for the bites lads" ....hardly a bite really. As per usual a Rovers fan has been shown up

You say we spent "millions". How did we spend "millions"?

Once again....a Rovers fan making things up. Somethings never change...

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 1