IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

They may have lost their star player ... but they are now the proud owners of .............. a field!

15838040-large.jpg

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-announce-they-have-officially-bought-new-training-site/story-30110119-detail/story.html

Meanwhile Rovers' manager Darrell Clarke said he recognised the 'real ambition' driving the club forward and 'can't wait to work with the entire club's playing staff all at one centre'.

"I am delighted Bristol Rovers now have their own training ground," he said.

'Real ambition'... A muddy field :blink:

5 minutes ago, Hello said:

well i dont expect buying 29 acres is a cheap. Skint obviously

He's probably borrowed the money and put the debt against the club. If any of you think you're going to get a cat 2 academy up and running in a matter of months you're way off. It cost us £3m to get it to cat 2 and that was upgrading. You're starting from scratch so that's probably 6-10 million and £1.5m per year to run. Good luck with that. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

They may have lost their star player ... but they are now the proud owners of .............. a field!

15838040-large.jpg

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-announce-they-have-officially-bought-new-training-site/story-30110119-detail/story.html

Am I missing something here..?

If they've, finally, managed to get themselves some land, why don't they use it to build their new stadium, rather than a training ground to replace the one that they've already got (got use of. I know they don't own it)

Surely a stadium has to be their priority?!

12 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

You've bought a field . You've built nothing yet, and we all know how this usally ends up :whistle:

They are getting a tad excited that the 'gap' is now closing... staying in their shed of a stadium with some extra patio, bought a muddy field with nothing actually built yet compared to a £45M revamped stadium, top class training facilities, youth academy and so on..

Yes that gap is shrinking isn't it?! And they refer to Failand as Fail Land, those geniuses

Edited by Emperor Palpatine
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He's probably borrowed the money and put the debt against the club. If any of you think you're going to get a cat 2 academy up and running in a matter of months you're way off. It cost us £3m to get it to cat 2 and that was upgrading. You're starting from scratch so that's probably 6-10 million and £1.5m per year to run. Good luck with that. 

No one said it will be a Cat 2 academy in months.

It is going.to be prepared so the first team can train. The rest is all part of a longer term plan.

ignoring all the Bristol/Dwane Sport franchise shit a second, 29.acres dont buy themselves and the work that goes into it costs. Its a step forward and we all have to start somewhere. Ashton Gate wasnt built in a day etc. Everything happens over time (hopefully)

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

It is going.to be prepared so the first team can train. The rest is all part of a longer term plan.

ignoring all the Bristol/Dwane Sport franchise shit a second, 29.acres dont buy themselves and the work that goes into it costs. Its a step forward and we all have to start somewhere. Ashton Gate wasnt built in a day etc. Everything happens over time (hopefully)

Well yes but knowing some of your lots delusions, they'll be thinking it'll be ready for next season . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hello said:

As you said 29 acres aint cheap. So maybe he is willing to put some money in after all. 

The gurt teds are shitting themselves with this news....

7 minutes ago, Hello said:

I think your last word in parenthesis pretty much sums up your situation (desperate). 

55 minutes ago, Hello said:

well i dont expect buying 29 acres is a cheap. Skint obviously

I agree with you, to a point....

You've got to obtain planning permission which is never guaranteed (Ashton Vale anyone?) and genuinely good luck on getting that on green belt land with notoriously NIMBY residents in that area.

Oh and there's the small matter of building the facility which isn't cheap.

The final question is, how is Wael planning to fund this? Seriously tell me How?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

15838040-large.jpg

Fair play I see they have put up their version of the Shankly Gates.. iconic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not that I'm cynical, but isn't that area of North Bristol going to see a lot of house building in the next 20 years....

Very true. The Wael family definitely have a long term plan, it's just doesn't involving funding a football club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

I agree with you, to a point....

You've got to obtain planning permission which is never guaranteed (Ashton Vale anyone?) and genuinely good luck on getting that on green belt land with notoriously NIMBY residents in that area.

Oh and there's the small matter of building the facility which isn't cheap.

The final question is, how is Wael planning to fund this? Seriously tell me How?

Maybe he will build it, all under Dwayne sports and just charge Rovers for it's use. Dwayne Sports could see a return on the money. If they build a cat 2 Academy, they can sale players to clubs and Dwayne sports can pocket the money, or move them into the first team saving themselves having to buy players for the club - so it might just be a zero sum project with the potential to make money for Dwayne Sports - as long as Weal and Rovers stick together that would not be a problem, it's when/if he ever leaves and he keeps the holding company and Rovers find themselves having to stump up a lot of cash, or loose / rent Dwayne sports land/facilities. 

38 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Maybe he will build it, all under Dwayne sports and just charge Rovers for it's use. Dwayne Sports could see a return on the money. If they build a cat 2 Academy, they can sale players to clubs and Dwayne sports can pocket the money, or move them into the first team saving themselves having to buy players for the club - so it might just be a zero sum project with the potential to make money for Dwayne Sports - as long as Weal and Rovers stick together that would not be a problem, it's when/if he ever leaves and he keeps the holding company and Rovers find themselves having to stump up a lot of cash, or loose / rent Dwayne sports land/facilities. 

That's fine in principle however where is the money coming from?

• Like 2

Just now, Charliesboots said:

I guess it all comes down to ROI, he does have some money, does he think a few million is worth the punt... maybe normally no, but as he is emotionally invested he might think so. 

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I guess it all comes down to ROI, he does have some money, does he think a few million is worth the punt... maybe normally no, but as he is emotionally invested he might think so. 

That's right but to have ROI you've got to have money to invest in the first place. 

Just now, Charliesboots said:

That's right but to have ROI you've got to have money to invest in the first place. 

His family do have some money, not the kind people bounded about, but he could fund a training ground. It will be interesting to see Rovers over the coming years and how money is flowing between the 2 entities.

10 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Bare in mind its the Al-Qadi family. Hani is the chairman on Dwane sports and he was the one commenting on the purchase of the training grond. Wael osnt pushing things through without family approval

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

His family do have some money, not the kind people bounded about, but he could fund a training ground. It will be interesting to see Rovers over the coming years and how money is flowing between the 2 entities.

"Not a Pot to piss in" might be closer to the truth. 

Touting for venture capital again....badly

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

15838040-large.jpg

'My garden shed (my garden shed)..

Is bigger than this......'

Just now, Hello said:

Bare in mind its the Al-Qadi family. Hani is the chairman on Dwane sports and he was the one commenting on the purchase of the training grond. Wael osnt pushing things through without family approval

Mate, and I say mate because as a member of the footballing community we share a common interest that our clubs entertain and prosper; Please don't get drawn into the investment storyline. 

For the sake of your club keep pushing and asking demanding questions of your board, not get spoon fed bullshite (it's happened far too much over the years for you)

Just Saying...

• Like 2

It just doesn't stop, the gift, who in their right minds would name the new training ground The Colony,why would they want to be associated with the old

Hortham Idiot Colony, a few hundred yds away which was demolished in 2006 i believe,sorry sags but naming the ground after a old mental hospital is just barmy, what idiot came up with that ideal.:facepalm: