IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Norwich ?

Apparently not according to this deluded one;

"As a club we have long term premiership potential that could rivial, if not better Norwich's support one day. We are one of the fastest growing clubs outside the premiership right now - training ground being built, stadium hopefully on its way, great new owners...etc..." 

:facepalm:

That is some deluded shit right there 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Norwich ?

"As a club we have long term premiership potential that could rivial, if not better Norwich's support one day. We are one of the fastest growing clubs outside the premiership right now - training ground being built, stadium hopefully on its way, great new owners...etc..." 

What the sags forgot is the other 91 league clubs already have their own training ground and already play at a stadium designed and built for football, not a tarted up rugby ground. The thing that surprises me in all this is why havent the UWE already told  them to f... off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Malago said:

What the sags forgot is the other 91 league clubs already have their own training ground and already play at a stadium designed and built for football, not a tarted up rugby ground. The thing that surprises me in all this is why havent the UWE already told  them to f... off.

Because UWE would like some mug to build a stadium for them to use without paying for it ...I think the Sags fit the bill rather nicely if I'm being honest.

Edited by Vincent Vega

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

they already have but you can't let the great uncleaned know this as most of the horses in the region would be at risk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Norwich ?

pahahahahahahahah!! #gaslogic

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Norwich ?

Apparantly it is all down to those new sprinklers. How can they call him a Great owner though, has he spent anything yet?

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Because UWE would like some mug to build a stadium for them to use without paying for it ...I think the Sags fit the bill rather nicely if I'm being honest.

Still think SL should approach UWE and say "if your deal with Rovers does fall through, then Bristol sports would step in and build a indoor athletics arena there" I think UWE would get a lot more out of that, Tennis, Badminton, athletics, Gymnastics (our locals have to travel to Plymouth to train for national level)  indoor tracks, basketball, handball, netball,  large seating indoor venue for music / lectures / exhibitions, they would get a hell of a lot more use and income for it than  football stadium - as well as Bristol / the area needing a facility like that a lot more than another footie stadium.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Still think SL should approach UWE and say "if your deal with Rovers does fall through, then Bristol sports would step in and build a indoor athletics arena there" I think UWE would get a lot more out of that, Tennis, Badminton, athletics, Gymnastics (our locals have to travel to Plymouth to train for national level)  indoor tracks, basketball, handball, netball,  large seating indoor venue for music / lectures / exhibitions, they would get a hell of a lot more use and income for it than  football stadium - as well as Bristol / the area needing a facility like that a lot more than another footie stadium.

Naming rights seem to be a major stumbling block . I personally think UWE will end up building it themselves and the sags stay at the methane .

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Naming rights seem to be a major stumbling block . I personally think UWE will end up building it themselves and the sags stay at the methane .

I had heard it was leasing - UWE cannot sale the land as if was gifted to them with restrictive covenants. Wael wants to purchase the land as he does not want to build Rovers stadium on something they don't own. There is what you might call creative processes going on as to how you can sale something to someone without it being considered a sale - and how the new owners can actually be owners when these covenants exist. But that could have just be hearsay - it's hard to know with so much white noise around.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I had heard it was leasing - UWE cannot sale the land as if was gifted to them with restrictive covenants. Wael wants to purchase the land as he does not want to build Rovers stadium on something they don't own. There is what you might call creative processes going on as to how you can sale something to someone without it being considered a sale - and how the new owners can actually be owners when these covenants exist. But that could have just be hearsay - it's hard to know with so much white noise around.

It's not hearsay

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Norwich ?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(10).jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Norwich ?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Well that cheered me up after a long hard day!

• Like 3

:clapping:.... This has just made my evening....

Their off there rockers mind hahahahaaaaaa

Straight from the gas forum from ICEGAS.... Deluded fool!!

"See I think some of our fans underplay our long term potential and are so used to losing our best players over the years that they are willing to just accept he will go.

We are from one of the biggest cities in the UK.There is not premiership club near us for 80 odd miles, and our nearest club to us are nothing of any real note( dispite what they may think they are.)

As a club we have long term premiership potential that could rivial, if not better Norwich's support one day. We are one of the fastest growing clubs outside the premiership right now - training ground being built, stadium hopefully on its way, great new owners...etc...

DC has brought himself job security here for the next 3,4 years and will be able to mould this club in his vision which he would not get at any other club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

"..stadium hopefully on its way.."...or this? Hmm. Tough choice

carrow-road-guide.jpg

Actually, looking at that brings home to me how big our stadium is now....an aerial shot of Ashton Gate makes it look much larger than Carrow Road.....shame we ain't in any danger of filling it anytime soon.....Norwich's support is very impressive though, we surely should be able to emulate their achievements.

Why is it clubs like Leicester, Southampton, Leeds etc etc get down as far as League One but quickly get back and establish themselves in the top two divisions, yet we just flounder around at the mid/bottom of the championship and mid/top of league one. 

Not expecting an answer to that, the discussion has been done to death numerous times...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

22 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

"See I think some of our fans underplay our long term potential and are so used to losing our best players over the years that they are willing to just accept he will go.

We are from one of the biggest cities in the UK.There is not premiership club near us for 80 odd miles, and our nearest club to us are nothing of any real note( dispite what they may think they are.)

As a club we have long term premiership potential that could rivial, if not better Norwich's support one day. We are one of the fastest growing clubs outside the premiership right now - training ground being built, stadium hopefully on its way, great new owners...etc...

DC has brought himself job security here for the next 3,4 years and will be able to mould this club in his vision which he would not get at any other club.

8,000 crowds when they're SOOOOOO good,

Norwich AVERAGED 24,756 in their last season at that level. That is all! ;)

Edited by 8menhadadream
  • Like 3

Worth the blue few remembering that the only reason Dopey is still in a job was because Higgs couldn't afford to sack him following relegation.

He was still busy paying off previous managers. What was his non-committal line, 'he has a contract for next season'. Hardly the vote of confidence.

Seem to recall most of them wanted shot of him at the time as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

******* hell this is comic gold!

14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Umm Sheffield United  , Bradford. Bolton Charlton  MK Dons and Millwall all average more than the Belters in League 1... There really are some ******* idiots north of the river. 

To be fair before the redevelopment the first four clubs you named all would get more than us but now just Sheff Utd and Bradford with their cheapy tickets.

I would put rovers just above millwall for support. Chernobyl is a shit hole and a new stadium or redevelopment would see them averaging a couple thousand more.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

To be fair before the redevelopment the first four clubs you named all would get more than us but now just Sheff Utd and Bradford with their cheapy tickets.

I would put rovers just above millwall for support. Chernobyl is a shit hole and a new stadium or redevelopment would see them averaging a couple thousand more.

I did check the averages this season and they came out 7th behind Millwall,  the devil's in the detail  :thumbsup: