IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, B block said:

Can't wait for dopey to leave and they can go back to empoying clowns to manage them

to be fair he's performed miracles there 

I think Stewart would probably get the job if Clarke left. I think we would try and go with continuity rather than picking someone from outside

28 minutes ago, Hello said:

I think Stewart would probably get the job if Clarke left. I think we would try and go with continuity rather than picking someone from outside

or that you don't actually have a pot to piss in and can't afford compensation,

be interesting to see how he got on though

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

As they all know, Stewart is a gurt 'ted 

And a Rovers hero.

Money or no money, I think Stewy would be the obvious choice to take over and I think a lot of people would like to see him get the chance if it came about

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

And a Rovers hero.

Money or no money, I think Stewy would be the obvious choice to take over and I think a lot of people would like to see him get the chance if it came about

Assistants don't always make the best managers, we know from experience, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, walshys shuffle said:

what if stewart went with clarke to norwich,what then for rovers?

That's a different bridge to cross isn't it. Stewart has said in the past he'd like to be a manager and he might see taking over at Rovers as the next step for him rather than being DC's assistant.

Who knows anything at the end of the day

17 minutes ago, Hello said:

That's a different bridge to cross isn't it. Stewart has said in the past he'd like to be a manager and he might see taking over at Rovers as the next step for him rather than being DC's assistant.

Who knows anything at the end of the day

I think it would be nice, hero or no hero, for Rovers fans to know that their manager is, deep down, a City fan. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

We have the 3rd highest attendance as a percentage of capacity in the division.

We are also above Millwall for the average attendance this season.

As you say, the devil's in the detail.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/GB3/saison_id/2016/plus/1

So your ground is small yet you still can't fill it? Mahoosive, absolutely mahoosive!

Point well made by SMAF TBH, better than I could have done, their support is great because they have a crap ground. :trumpet: :trumpet:  :whistle:

If we liken this to the Championship, I would guess we should be cheering Burton from the rafters for their attendances.

Edited by 8menhadadream
  • Like 2

If Dopey is offered the Norwich job he surely has to take it. I think when the Leeds role came up last summer he was possibly sucked in by Wally's claims of wealth. I think reality has sunk in with dopey, and he has reached his peak with rovers. To be fair he has done a decent job there 

2 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

So your ground is small yet you still can't fill it? Mahoosive, absolutely mahoosive!

Point well made by SMAF TBH, better than I could have done, their support is great because they have a crap ground. :trumpet: :trumpet:  :whistle:

If we liken this to the Championship, I would guess we should be cheering Burton from the rafters for their attendances.

Didn't you average 11K and 12K when you were last in League 1? - Just checked, and yep, In fact your average for the past 7 seasons has been 11.5K but here you are beating on like you get 27K every week. 

If we had a shiny new stadium like you, and were playing in the Championship we would get crowds just as "high" as yours.

Congratulations on spending millions upon millions, on players, the stadium and god knows what else, and still being shit.

Edited by Seventeen

6 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you average 11K and 12K when you were last in League 1? - Just checked, and yep, In fact your average for the past 7 seasons has been 11.5K but here you are beating on like you get 27K every week. 

Might be a bit relevant that for one of those seasons in L1 we only had 3 stands. And Bristol Sport didn't even provide us with a replacement tent.

And that "average" for the last 7 seasons appears to be made up. For the last 7 seasons, we've not had a seasonal average below 11,929 so 11.5k is impossible.

Edited by View from the Dolman
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

If we had a shiny new stadium like you, and were playing in the Championship we would get crowds just as "high" as yours.

That post totally contradicts yourself! Also, you are aware that for the previous 2 years, we had a largely reduced capacity because of the rebuild. 

Then you go on to compare our L1 attendances and say that in the Championship you'd equal our crowds. 

I find it hard to believe that even in the Championship, in a new ground, you'd get anywhere near our average gate this season, despite it being record breakingly bad for us. 

Always in our shadow, but I suppose that if you don't have a dream (getting anywhere close to us), how are you going to have a dream come true..?!

• Like 5

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Congratulations on spending millions upon millions, on players, the stadium and god knows what else, and still being shit.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Might be a bit relevant that for one of those seasons in L1 we only had 3 stands. And Bristol Sport didn't even provide us with a replacement tent.

And that "average" for the last 7 seasons appears to be made up. For the last 7 seasons, we've not had a seasonal average below 11,929 so 11.5k is impossible.

Don't let facts ruin let another disalusional sag head

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

1. The home stands were sold out (look it up) for pretty much every game during our last season in L1 and would have sold more if we had the capacity at the time I should think. Even 11,500 is 50% higher than your getting after 3 good seasons regardless. Making the point that you fill your little ground better than other clubs fill their bigger ones is irrelevant, your crowds are just about 8K and you have no excuse as you have the capacity for more. Maybe your ground is the right size?

2. We haven't mentioned our crowds.

3. If, if, if, if.

You can't fill your little ground, simples. We can't fill our big one either.

As for matching our attendances? Historically, we've always been better supported so there's another delusional sag comment totally negated.

Edited by 8menhadadream
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

The last time you were in the championship you struggled to average 5000 methane snorters. Speaking of your brand spanking new stadium outside of Bristol how's that going? Has the billionaire sheik coughed up the money yet 

Edited by Sergio Georgini

God I love Rovers fans mocking our attendances, always makes me laugh!  I almost want them to get promoted (and us stay up) so we can have a like for like comparison, but even then there would be suggestions that official figures for them were too low etc etc. What I don't understand is why they are so obsessed with attendances, the facts are there for all to see, they have not averaged higher attendances than us for decades, yes they have good away support, FairPlay, but surely this just highlights how poor their home attendances have been?

37 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Where are you getting that from???

Or is it the usual gAsshole way, pluck a figure out of thin air and say it often enough that your 6 fingered mates will believe it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Here at the stats, 1983 the last time Rovers had a higher average attendance I think, 24 years, then before that 1965 I think

IMG_1373.PNG

IMG_1374.PNG

Beat me to it! Average of 13,668 since 2010. Funny how he chose the arbitrary 7 years... it's not like including the preceding two years bumps the average up to 14,308

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

******* belter. We only had half a stadium and were regularly selling out so more lies from the pathological liars . It a myth about your fan base complete myth. You wouldn't get crowds like ours and apart from a couple of years in the 1950's you never have done. STOP LYING 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Here at the stats, 1983 the last time Rovers had a higher average attendance I think, 24 years, then before that 1965 I think

IMG_1373.PNG

IMG_1374.PNG

So the last time Roverzzzz averaged over 10K was 1976. That was that record breaking summer, hottest summer on record I believe. Did all the gAssholes go to the beach and get swept out to sea?

Are they all running quaint 'Ye Olde Tea Shoppes' in the seaside towns of Great Britain?

Could the heat have been caused by an alien invasion looking for a species of 6 fingered, high foreheaded mutants to continue the existence of their race.

We'll probably never know.

The truth is out there. :fear:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

******* belter. We only had half a stadium and were regularly selling out so more lies from the pathological liars . It a myth about your fan base complete myth. You wouldn't get crowds like ours and apart from a couple of years in the 1950's you never have done. STOP LYING 

They can't stop lying about that, their entire sense of self worth is based on imagining they may potentiallty one far off day get bigger crowds than us, There's always some reason why they aren't, be that because there is a nearby bike race, they've played twice at home in a week, it's too close to Christmas etc, etc.

I love how they keep saying now that their attendences are crap because their ground is so shit, maybe you should steal a better one next time eh Gas tramps?

And just when you think you've heard it all, they are 'bigger than Norwich' and the 'fastest growing side outside the premership'. I'm almost embarrassed for some of their more sensible fans. Almost.

The fact of the matter is they can't fill their dirty little hovel because all of the legions of fans who are just about to start flocking to watch them any minute now are, for the most part, a figment of their imagination.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

25 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Where are you getting that from???

Or is it the usual gAsshole way, pluck a figure out of thin air and say it often enough that your 6 fingered mates will believe it.

Rovers version = we've averaged 11.5k over the last 7 seasons. 

Truth = We've averaged 13,668* over the last 7 seasons. 

*Not including this seasons much higher figures (didn't need too to make this clown look a bit of a plonker.

ALSO note that we operated at a hugely reduced capacity, with only  3 sides to our ground for 2 of those 7 seasons and one was a relegation season. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, glynriley said:

So the last time Roverzzzz averaged over 10K was 1976. That was that record breaking summer, hottest summer on record I believe. Did all the gAssholes go to the beach and get swept out to sea?

Are they all running quaint 'Ye Olde Tea Shoppes' in the seaside towns of Great Britain?

Could the heat have been caused by an alien invasion looking for a species of 6 fingered, high foreheaded mutants to continue the existence of their race.

We'll probably never know.

The truth is out there. :fear:

Yeah, but but but ummm their ground doesn't hold any more than that!!* And they are 3rd best club at their level for lack of capacity. You wait until they have a 20k capacity. Then you'll see!! 

*please ignore facts whilst mimicking a Rovers fan.