IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I can't believe this; I'm actually feeling sorry for them.

Not ******* like Henbury Gas obviously; but the decent fans. the ones I've known at work.

The club is being filleted like a mackerel and they can do nothing about it.  They are nine months from administration or sale and that will mean Division Four and a ground share again.

They're ******; and they thought it was a new dawn.  One team in Bristol is ringing true.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not ******* like Henbury Gas obviously; but the decent fans. the ones I've known at work.

The club is being filleted like a mackerel and they can do nothing about it.  They are nine months from administration or sale and that will mean Division Four and a ground share again.

They're ******; and they thought it was a new dawn.  One team in Bristol is ringing true.

Can you hear the Tote End boys sing? No, but I can hear IKEA tills ring!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Obviously a lot of speculation as to what is going on with them, but what amazes me more than the lack of clarity from the club, is the lack of organisation and questioning from their fans.

Would imagine if we were on the mushroom diet action groups and fans representatives would be hammering on the door to get some answers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Surely not!

They have a new owner who's going to take them to the promised land, in Dwaynes World.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Obviously a lot of speculation as to what is going on with them, but what amazes me more than the lack of clarity from the club, is the lack of organisation and questioning from their fans.

Would imagine if we were on the mushroom diet action groups and fans representatives would be hammering on the door to get some answers.

They've had a closed shop for some years now,  not allowed to question or you're shouted down and accused of being a shytehead.

Same with their friendly local newspaper, run by gasheads for gasheads. Any bad news is surpressed and any good stories are blown out of proportion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I have a lot of gas head friends, and I agree that this analysis makes me feel sorry for them. It gets worse and worse on the evidence of the great research done here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

Its really does seem like a slow motion road crash. However much we laugh they are a club with passionate support over generations and they will not die but i could see them becoming a non-league/league two yo yo club. They wont do a Brighton because Bristol is a two club town.

If 50% of the rumours are true their looking at the Newport county scenario not league 1 or 2.

i don't see any other way out of it for them, it's simple math, if expenditure exceeds income with no prospect of that changing then once any asset values are equal to the losses it's game over, unless they strike oil at the mem.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, B block said:

If 50% of the rumours are true their looking at the Newport county scenario not league 1 or 2.

i don't see any other way out of it for them, it's simple math, if expenditure exceeds income with no prospect of that changing then once any asset values are equal to the losses it's game over, unless they strike oil at the mem.

But havent newport survived and got back in the league. Can you name a longstanding league club who have go e out of existence?

2 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

But havent newport survived and got back in the league. Can you name a longstanding league club who have go e out of existence?

I just typed Accrington then realised their back, but it takes years, Bradford park avenue went under and they are gone and I'm sure they were around for years, pretty sure there were two teams in Brighton but don't quote me 

13 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Rovers have only been a league club for 2 years. Not very "longstanding" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, B block said:

I just typed Accrington then realised their back, but it takes years, Bradford park avenue went under and they are gone and I'm sure they were around for years, pretty sure there were two teams in Brighton but don't quote me 

Bradford Park Avenue are in Conference North. Both they and Halifax have somehow resurrected in recent times.

2 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

I have a lot of gas head friends, and I agree that this analysis makes me feel sorry for them. It gets worse and worse on the evidence of the great research done here.

I have NO Gashead friends.  Well, I don't really have any friends at all, to be fair.  But if I DID have friends, rest assured that none would be ********   ***  ********!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, B block said:

Stockport are probably the club to have fallen the lowest in recent years while still staying in business.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Stockport are probably the club to have fallen the lowest in recent years while still staying in business.

They used to have a cracking beer festival where they opened a stand to sit in.  

Bloody depressing, wet and cold away terrace if we were playing them on a Tuesday night in February though.

23 minutes ago, RumRed said:

They used to have a cracking beer festival where they opened a stand to sit in.  

Bloody depressing, wet and cold away terrace if we were playing them on a Tuesday night in February though.

I went there on a wet and cold Tuesday night in February once!  We stuffed them 4-0 in the FA cup (after beating Liverpool in the previous round).  Mark Shail was marking the giant (6ft 8) Kevin Francis.  Francis didn't win a header all night.  Played Charlton in the round after.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Malago said:

York are also now Conference North.  Remember seeing us win there 1-0 in the John Ward promotion season.  Also a cold Tuesday night at the beginning of March.

Also Ralph Milne`s worldie on a May Bank Holiday (which was also my birthday) that won the game and put us in the playoffs v Blades (?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

I went there on a wet and cold Tuesday night in February once!  We stuffed them 4-0 in the FA cup (after beating Liverpool in the previous round).  Mark Shail was marking the giant (6ft 8) Kevin Francis.  Francis didn't win a header all night.  Played Charlton in the round after.

I watched the beam back (as we now call it) of that match in the East End where it was projected onto a big white tablecloth!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a period in the 90's where Stockport and Tranmere were consistent rivals of ours in League 1. I always think of that when people (particularly gasheads) say that Lansdowns millions have achieved nothing.

There was a period in the 90's where Rovers were consistent rivals of ours as well..! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1