IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, miagsygas said:

In the interest of fairness, a Daily Mail reporter (I know, hardly the gold standard of journalism) who was the first to break that clubs were interested in Bodin, reported that we turned down two offers of £500,000.

We also had a bigger net spend than Arsenal, so obviously we're massive, Wael's a trillionaire now and we're coming for you.

To be honest, I am over the moon he's staying. We'll lose him in January or in the summer for free, but even for £500,000 we won't get a good enough player to replace the value he brings to the side, particularly with just one day to get the replacement in.

You think that £500k would have been spend on a replacement..?!

I'd like to know who actually bid for Bodin. I think it's highly unlikely that Wally wouldn't have welcomed another asset being stripped, for any price. 

Your league status will be of no concern to him in a couple of years anyway, imo. 

Henbury Gas
Gas 
5 hours ago
gasincider said:
chilly1883 said:
Positive post, really think the gloom boys should take a leaf from your book. I strongly believe that we can compete with most sides in this division. Keeping Bodin is a massive statement. FTG

The massive statement will be if we get Bodin to sign an extended contract without a bloody stupid sell on clause. Other than that he is just fulfilling his contract.

DC Confirmed that none of our players have sell on clauses in their contracts
Edited by RumRed

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Remember watching it in the east end on a screen/beamback.. they didn't get the comms working till we were 4-0 up!  Was indeed a masterstroke by Osman. Wayne was on fire that evening..

Story:  my relative was a Man U fan living in Stockport.  He bought a ticket (before our replay with Liverpool) believing obviously, that we would get turned over at Anfield and Liverpool would roll into town. Once it was us and Stockport he lost interest and gave me his tickets.  I was in the Stockport end, we scored very early (by Shail I believe), I celebrated, got took round to the City end. Result.  Wayne was on fire.  As was Leroy.

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

Why only one day to get a replacement in? How short sighted is that? Surely if you have an inclination that your star player "could" be off you'd start making plans way before the last day (eg the recruitment of Baker when it was possible Flint might be leaving)?

That's what we do though, that's not the Gas way.

Bit like when we had an inclination that the plans for the new stadium at Ashton Vale were in doubt. City released plans for a redeveloped AG 6 months before AV was declared dead in the water.

The AQs didn't bother with that...instead they dropped hints (new sprinklers, new seats for the tent, "don't the carpets and curtains look clean today?" etc)

'Evolution' apparently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's what we do though, that's not the Gas way.

Bit like when we had an inclination that the plans for the new stadium at Ashton Vale were in doubt. City released plans for a redeveloped AG 6 months before AV was declared dead in the water.

The AQs didn't bother with that...instead they dropped hints (new sprinklers, new seats for the tent, "don't the carpets and curtains look clean today?" etc)

'Evolution' apparently.

You're right on the stadium front. I disagree on the transfer thing though, if for example a deal for Bodin went through at 4/5 there's no guarantee that we would have pushed a deal through, there's an awful lot of stories from an awful lot of clubs less tinpot than us that didn't manage to secure targets by the deadline, even if a contingency was planned for.

3 hours ago, miagsygas said:

In the interest of fairness, a Daily Mail reporter (I know, hardly the gold standard of journalism) who was the first to break that clubs were interested in Bodin, reported that we turned down two offers of £500,000.

We also had a bigger net spend than Arsenal, so obviously we're massive, Wael's a trillionaire now and we're coming for you.

To be honest, I am over the moon he's staying. We'll lose him in January or in the summer for free, but even for £500,000 we won't get a good enough player to replace the value he brings to the side, particularly with just one day to get the replacement in.

Billy Boots will sign a pre-contract in Jan an walk for nothing in July or you'll sell him, like you did with Taylor last Jan, at a fire sale price.

Why didn't Wally and Dopey extend his contract in the summer?  Don't tell me it's because you would have had to give him a pay rise.

30 minutes ago, Malago said:

Billy Boots will sign a pre-contract in Jan an walk for nothing in July or you'll sell him, like you did with Taylor last Jan, at a fire sale price.

Why didn't Wally and Dopey extend his contract in the summer?  Don't tell me it's because you would have had to give him a pay rise.

That's exactly what I've just said. I'd imagine he didn't want to sign a contract in the summer because if he played well again this year he'd easily get a championship club. 

4 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

That's exactly what I've just said. I'd imagine he didn't want to sign a contract in the summer because if he played well again this year he'd easily get a championship club. 

Because you couldn't afford his wages* A contract wouldn't stop him getting a move..

6 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Because you couldn't afford his wages* A contract wouldn't stop him getting a move..

It potentially could. He is a more valuable player with a longer contract and clubs may be less inclined pay. If I were his agent I'd advise not signing a deal, as much as agents annoy us that's the case

31 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see Gibraltar got thumped 9-0, didn't they have their gas superstar playing?   

He stopped playing a while ago, finally left in the summer and is now contracted to Torquay

26 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Good to see Miagsy posting on here. I know him from another forum and he's a decent poster, especially for a gashead, always level headed and good humored.

Good on you Miagsy. I did join the gas forum at one time but was banned after a couple of days once they worked out I was a 'ted. 

Hi mate :thumbsup:

As for travelling to Bradford, I'm away for the weekend, but don't think I'd have bothered to make the journey to Bradford for a 12.30 kick off to be fair, especially with the game on sky. it's been enough effort trying to convince the other half to find a pub in Polzeath that's got the game on and after seeing our defence for this game I'll probably regret it by 1.00.

Edited by miagsygas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2