IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, adamski said:

As we have just passed the 90th season (league suspended during WW2) that we and "them" have both been in the football league(okay they left for a bit, but I included it!!!) I have put a bit of a chart together from my sad City vs SAG attendance spreadsheet.

City vs Rovers Attendance up to end season 16/17 Comparison Over Time

Time period 

Since 1921 (90 seasons)

Last 70 years

Last 50 years

last 25 years

Last 20 years

Last 10 years

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Rovers

City

Gas att as % of City's

69.53%

69.53%

69.16%

69.16%

54.80%

54.80%

53.05%

53.05%

51.95%

51.95%

47.31%

47.31%

Att differential

Interesting to note:

• Rovers’ total season’s attendance has only exceeded City’s once in 50 years (34 years ago)

• City’s total season attendance has exceeded double Rovers attendance 19 times in the past 50 years

• Rovers have never had a season's attendance that has doubled City’s season’s attendance

• Rovers have exceeded City’s total attendance 14 times in 90 years

• City have exceeded Rover’s attendance 76 times in 90 years

• Rovers’ greatest attendance differential above city's was 7066 in 53-54 season

• City’s greatest attendance  differential above Rovers' was 15249 77-78 season

• Trend shows that over the last 10 years 100%+ more have watched City than The Gas!!!!!!

Good work Adamski. So, the conclusion is that they aren't 'coming for us' at all and we are further in front than we've ever been. their crowds are historically about half of ours and, no doubt, even less than that over the last couple of years. We're averaging around 19,000 since the rebuild aren't we so they're at 37% of our current support?

Can't beat solid facts although they probably will try.

OTIB.

Edited by Ska Junkie

10 hours ago, adamski said:

As we have just passed the 90th season (league suspended during WW2) that we and "them" have both been in the football league(okay they left for a bit, but I included it!!!) I have put a bit of a chart together from my sad City vs SAG attendance spreadsheet.

City vs Rovers Attendance up to end season 16/17 Comparison Over Time

Time period 

Since 1921 (90 seasons)

Last 70 years

Last 50 years

last 25 years

Last 20 years

Last 10 years

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Rovers

City

Gas att as % of City's

69.53%

69.53%

69.16%

69.16%

54.80%

54.80%

53.05%

53.05%

51.95%

51.95%

47.31%

47.31%

Att differential

Interesting to note:

• Rovers’ total season’s attendance has only exceeded City’s once in 50 years (34 years ago)

• City’s total season attendance has exceeded double Rovers attendance 19 times in the past 50 years

• Rovers have never had a season's attendance that has doubled City’s season’s attendance

• Rovers have exceeded City’s total attendance 14 times in 90 years

• City have exceeded Rover’s attendance 76 times in 90 years

• Rovers’ greatest attendance differential above city's was 7066 in 53-54 season

• City’s greatest attendance  differential above Rovers' was 15249 77-78 season

• Trend shows that over the last 10 years 100%+ more have watched City than The Gas!!!!!!

No, it's the away support that matters most. Rovers take at least 3000 away regularly compared to the Ted's "crap away support" considering that they are a Championship side. Everyone comments on how excellently brilliant and well supported the much more liked "family" club from Bristol are....FACT. Nobody ever mentions how good the 82er away attendances are and everyone knows that Trashton is the biggest library in the U.K......FACT, plus there are litteraly thousands that can't get in at away games because of obsessed Sheeds mixing with the home supporters and then causing it to go right off with us family supporters getting unfairly blamed and subsequently banned for misdemeanours that weren't even our fault, it's all the shits fault, all of it....FACT! We are also  prowed supporters, unlike you filthy dirty shoot shoot shoot the bastards who change with the wind....FACT. Finally, anything pre-82 doesn't count as that was an old club who died (but you keep forgetting that point don't you Ted's?!). Faithful and true, goodnight Irene and Dean Windass x FTG FTC RTID coming for you 

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

No, it's the away support that matters most. Rovers take at least 3000 away regularly compared to the Ted's "crap away support" considering that they are a Championship side. Everyone comments on how excellently brilliant and well supported the much more liked "family" club from Bristol are....FACT. Nobody ever mentions how good the 82er away attendances are and everyone knows that Trashton is the biggest library in the U.K......FACT, plus there are litteraly thousands that can't get in at away games because of obsessed Sheeds mixing with the home supporters and then causing it to go right off with us family supporters getting unfairly blamed and subsequently banned for misdemeanours that weren't even our fault, it's all the shits fault, all of it....FACT! We are also  prowed supporters, unlike you filthy dirty shoot shoot shoot the bastards who change with the wind....FACT. Finally, anything pre-82 doesn't count as that was an old club who died (but you keep forgetting that point don't you Ted's?!). Faithful and true, goodnight Irene and Dean Windass x FTG FTC RTID coming for you 

Give the poor tossers a break, wouldn't you go to away games to stadiums that are actually fit for purpose for a change?.

You know how the Rovers twisted our early 80's chant of "The gas, the gas. We've got to get rid of the gas" (Wilfred Owen couldn't have written better)? Well, how about we do something similar which will make the club shop loads of money?

We have a few clever posters here who can photoshop/edit a picture before I can spell Jacki's real name. So please feel free to add a robin/club badge etc to this picture....

images.jpg

Didn't some clever spark do the away figures a while back that proved their away support is shite compared to ours?

They really don't have a lot going for them do they? Do I feel any sorrow for them? Do I ****!!!

GROUND - CITY

TEAM - CITY

OWNER - CITY as their bloke has put naff all in and taken the 'club' to the brink of going broke while ours has put plenty in.

STANDARD - CITY

SUPPORT - CITY

Poor lambs, NOT! 

A question, as there are obviously loads of sheeds at their games intent on making them look bad, what's their real attendance figure? ;)

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't some clever spark do the away figures a while back that proved their away support is shite compared to ours?

They really don't have a lot going for them do they? Do I feel any sorrow for them? Do I ****!!!

GROUND - CITY

TEAM - CITY

OWNER - CITY as their bloke has put naff all in and taken the 'club' to the brink of going broke while ours has put plenty in.

STANDARD - CITY

SUPPORT - CITY

Poor lambs, NOT! 

A question, as there are obviously loads of sheeds at their games intent on making them look bad, what's their real attendance figure? ;)

The formula is Quoted attendance + 3000 + 30 Ted's in disguise + 20000 (locked out). 

If this still looks bad add 5000 for beam back and 40000 listening in to Radio Bristol -1 prat who listened on the wrong frequency and moaned to Twentypence how biased RB was towards those dirty Sheeds.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BS3City said:

There have been a lot of prestigious cycling events recently that would have had a significant impact on Sag attendances...

There have also been many non prestigious cycling events too,so it really is no susprise that their attendances are so p*** poor.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I'm sure this is an example of #gaslogic but one of them thinks their ratio of away fans to their home fans is better than ours last season. 

Is that true? 

I did point out that their home support is rubbish but apparently it's all about the percentage

Probably better than Man Utd,  Arsenal, Liverpool et al as well given the size of their home crowds and restrictions on away fans at grounds. #gaslogic 

20 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Probably better than Man Utd,  Arsenal, Liverpool et al as well given the size of their home crowds and restrictions on away fans at grounds. #gaslogic 

As their home crowds are a third of ours, they wouldn't have to take many to have a higher percentage.

As my dear old dad says, 10% of fark all is still fark all! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

You know how the Rovers twisted our early 80's chant of "The gas, the gas. We've got to get rid of the gas" (Wilfred Owen couldn't have written better)? Well, how about we do something similar which will make the club shop loads of money?

We have a few clever posters here who can photoshop/edit a picture before I can spell Jacki's real name. So please feel free to add a robin/club badge etc to this picture....

images.jpg

How about this?......

IMG_3185.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Where did you get hold of the minutes from today`s board meeting? Who leaked it?

• Like 1

The man Bristol Rovers have hired to maximise the club's revenue and profitability

"Bristol Rovers have hired Tom Gorringe as commercial director.

Gorringe was employed as a marketing executive at Portsmouth and the club twice entered administration twice during his time on the south coast."

Nothing like getting an expert in administration in when Wally finally uses up all the money and is looking for a way out. Happy Days!

• Haha 6

I love LinkedIn ...

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up....... I smell BS if he's ended up at Ragbag Rovers. 

• Like 1

His first tasks this Saturday will hopefully be as follows:

1) Sample the finest quality cuisine of a pasty (ingredients unknown & cooked by nuclear fusion) followed by cheese and onion crisps and a twix all washed down with boiling hot Bovril to take the skin of the roof of your mouth.

2) Visit the luxurious conveniences.

3) Take a seat in one of the tent like scaffold like structures (aka a stand).

4) Listen to our usual warm up music followed by bing bong man announcement etc.

5) Sit back and enjoy the footie & unique atmosphere that is the fortress mem!

Post match - write up report with 10 action point plan on how to improve the match day experience for fans and identity a shed load of opportunities to increase revenue in order to raise significant sums of dosh for the club as well as pay for his wage.

Then quit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up....... I smell BS if he's ended up at Ragbag Rovers. 

Hard to tell from that but these corporate awards are a nonsense; they don't go out and assess everyone in the field.  The way it works is you have to create a lengthy blurb selling yourself and then get your mates to send in a similar one recommending you which usually you will have written yourself.

My field of work has similar awards but out of potentially hundreds of entries in each area they struggle to muster three or four and I know they're coming up because I get regular emails inviting me to enter.

"Rising Stars" awards tend to have even less entries; thousands of possible candidates but most people in their twenties really can't be bothered.

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"Increased match day hospitality revenue by over 200%".......wow, I'm impressed. Of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that Cardiff had been promoted to the premier league that year...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

"Increased match day hospitality revenue by over 200%".......wow, I'm impressed. Of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that Cardiff had been promoted to the premier league that year...

Would imagine the marketing think tank went like this...

" You know those crisps and chocolate bars we sell for a quid...

"Yeah"

"Well, if we sold them for two quid...."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2