IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

45 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Radio Bristol phone in post match last night. Sag rings in wants Dopey out, no mention of Dunford ( RIP ) . But chose to  to congratulate Leeds , whilst his own team have just lost to Rochdale. Yet we're obsessed.  #ticktock

Staring down the barrel out league 2.. still obsessed over us. Heard they're having an open top bus too for Taylor breaking his nose.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Radio Bristol phone in post match last night. Sag rings in wants Dopey out, no mention of Dunford ( RIP ) . But chose to  to congratulate Leeds , whilst his own team have just lost to Rochdale. Yet we're obsessed.  #ticktock

To be fair, Geoff told him pretty much to piss off and then made a big deal about only ringing in if you`ve got something to say about your own team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We're any of them asking where the Wally gazillions have gone or was the hapless Dopey taking all the flak?

L1 looking a bit sick this morning, whilst we are still in a playoff place in the chàmp. No shame in losing to Leeds when we had 5 key players out, but losing to Rochdale, I ask you, especially after being drubbed 4 0 wy the shrews last week.

How they must envy the atmosphere of a 24k+ crowd in a stadium against an 8k crowd housed in tents and tin huts.

• Like 3

It wasn't that long ago that they were all taking the piss about City's downturn in form after Johnson was given a five year contract.

How many years was DC given in his new contract this summer? :laughcont:

Happy days.

• Haha 2

It was the Yeovil caller who made me laugh: "I'm gutted Geoff, you know? I don't know how the ref didn't, you know, award us that penalty, you know? It was so, you know, clear cut, you know, and I'm, you know, fed up with referees favouring other teams but not us, you know? I wasn't at the game, I listened to the commentary ..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It was the Yeovil caller who made me laugh: "I'm gutted Geoff, you know? I don't know how the ref didn't, you know, award us that penalty, you know? It was so, you know, clear cut, you know, and I'm, you know, fed up with referees favouring other teams but not us, you know? I wasn't at the game, I listened to the commentary ..."

I was cracking up during that. It was painful :rofl2br:

21 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

This isn’t point scoring I promise but just a little reminder to one or two that we’re getting carried away with the start , especially telling @Cjay we’d put four past them today. We got taught a lesson and Leeds deserved the points . Very tough league and also shows perhaps our bench isn’t as strong as we all thought . Never mind,  bad day at the office . looking forward to Sunderland next week and a night on the piss in Newcastle .COYR 

I agreed that you guys could put a few past us, on our current form we looked so vulnerable at the back and toothless up top, think the difference was the Leeds who turned up yesterday was the Leeds from the first games, not the last few, totally different beast. 

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Obviously been listening to his boring, uninterested sounding manager

26 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I agreed that you guys could put a few past us, on our current form we looked so vulnerable at the back and toothless up top, think the difference was the Leeds who turned up yesterday was the Leeds from the first games, not the last few, totally different beast. 

You did to us what we’ve been doing , pressing high up the pitch , winning the ball back quickly etc. Yes we had 4 important players missing but every team will go through that during a season. 

Edit. Think this is in the wrong thread

Edited by steviestevieneville

On 07/10/2017 at 21:00, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....Tottenham!

The 40th Anniversary of that great day is fast approaching.....22nd October, 1977 - Spurs 9 Gas 0 ........AND it was on Match of the Day in the days when highlights of only a few games were available to the masses when the pubs closed!

We play Leeds the day before....it would be brill to hear that chant again, it used to roar out of the 'proper'  East End - let's recognise that stupendous day and the amazing role our very own Colin Lee played in their embarrassment in front of the nation! I couldn't care less that he played zero games for us, he was on our books and he scored four against the gas. 

"...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9......TOTTENHAM..." .....

@Ska Junkie I'm with you Brother (or Sister!) - 40 years ago today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

300 for a Saturday game near Manchester is ******* shit.

I don't agree with that, Kid. I think that for a L1 game, that's pretty normal. I think, for them, that's normal, ok. Not great, not sh1t, just normal. Unremarkable.

For Rovers, after three successive years of winning and improving their league standing within the pyramid (after a humbling and humiliating low in the Banana league) and a gathering "we're coming for you" head of steam groupthink feverish enthusiasm, with some good and sometimes very good away turnouts they very selectively (and understandably) highlighted and trumpeted, and used to compare with ours (minus all relevant and crucial context), things over there are likely going to level out a bit now, as the exciting novelty and new-grounds-not-visited-for-a-generation giddy excitement of - for them - the wonder that is League One, wears off a tad. Along with the wins. And the "coming for you."

Their numbers, inevitably, will go back to something more "normal," for them, back to the levels their away support was at when they weren't very selectively comparing their away numbers with ours because there were few if any that - viewed without context (ie, Wolves, number of times played there respectively/novelty value/ground to be ticked off, league game v knockout cup tie, respective record at said bloody ground, price of tickets, history of fans being kicked to sh1t on the ground between rival firms, or not, etc etc, as you already know) - showed them in a good light compared to us.

In the time of Steve Lansdown, we have had more years of second tier football than they have had third tier football (to get a similar level of "buzz" and enthusiasm to them finishing top half in L1 last season, we'd have to reach another Championship play-off final or something). With another season of midtable frustration/mediocrity and poor away results for them in an increasingly familiar and decreasingly novel standard of football, it will be no surprise if - Blackburn away aside, say (whom, like Wolves, they haven't visited for 25 years) - they see, like Saturday, a "normalising" of this mythologised support.

Interestingly, they tweeted the numbers last Tues at Shrewsbury, but not Saturday at Rochdale. Selective tweeting!

I can remember the days when they struggled to fill the one third of the old Open End for Bristol derbies - which changed when they went about 4 years and 10 derby games unbeaten. Funny that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

300 for a Saturday game near Manchester is ******* shit.

Well, they love to compare their away attendances to ours...apparently our away support is '******* shit' and an embarrassment according to nearly every Sag on Social Media.

We took 800 for our last visit to Rochdale.

Whats their excuse this time?

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Nice that the 17th Birthday of 'the gap' is on Saturday. Old enough for a Driving Licence :clapping:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&msg=CITY+above+rovers

gap.jpg

It only seems like yesterday that 'the gap' was learning to walk and use the potty on its own.

They grow up so fast.

Tick tock.