IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 21/11/2017 at 19:14, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be honest ES, whilst I am happy to take the proverbial out of Rovers and their supporters, I am not one of those who hates Rovers or even wishes them ill.

I shall indulge in a wry smile should they lose, much as I did when they lost at home to Mansfield on that fateful day back in, when was it again :shifty:, OH, Yes, I remember, 3 May 2014 :thumbsup:, but my thoughts will be more concentrated on how City get on at Hull.

Seriously, though, I sometimes despair when I read the bile and hatred directed at City and their Sheethead fans on their Gaschat thread, but I put that down to the immaturity of their posters, similar to the crass short-sightedness of their forum moderators who refuse to allow City fans to post and enter in to genuine debate about their respective teams.

It is of great credit to this forum and, of course, to the moderators that fans of other clubs are allowed to post freely and liven up numerous threads; indeed, there have been a few Rovers supporters who have added to lively debate with their genuine arguments and, increasingly often, their self-depracating humour.  

They do allow City fans to register and post - just not knowingly!

I tend to favour the sweetly reasonable comment pointing out the various negatives. I’ve never claimed to be Gashead or otherwise. It’s quite fun joining in with the current moaning though.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We took 1,311 there last season but don't tell them, they might get upset.

You can't just bandy around factual statistics like that on the internet. They are the best fans in the world, yet you're making them look small time, amateur and tinpot. I assume there's been some misunderstanding. 

Oh no, you're right as it turns out. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

They do allow City fans to register and post - just not knowingly!

I tend to favour the sweetly reasonable comment pointing out the various negatives. I’ve never claimed to be Gashead or otherwise. It’s quite fun joining in with the current moaning though.

Now you've confirmed there really is a City fan on there they'll be going for a "BURN THE WITCH!" hunt again :laugh:

Edited by Red34
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

One of their big wigs is in radio Bristol tomorrow night.

My guess? No searching questions will be asked, no open answers will be offered and more laughter from us.

Hamer's a very entertaining raconteur who would have a great career as an after dinner speaker so I might well listen; he can entirely avoid answering a question but in such a diverting and amusing way that you don't mind.

I can see why he was employed by a club that has no real answers to the big questions: what are they going to do about the poor state of the:

finances

ground

field, sorry, training ground, and

team.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hamer's a very entertaining raconteur who would have a great career as an after dinner speaker so I might well listen; he can entirely avoid answering a question but in such a diverting and amusing way that you don't mind.

I can see why he was employed by a club that has no real answers to the big questions: what are they going to do about the poor state of the:

finances

ground

field, sorry, training ground, and

team.

I wouldn't trust that bloke to take my rubbish away, let alone be the Chairman of my club.

Steve "Something positive is imminent" Hamer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

They should be made to play Friday night instead, as we've moved the other ones.

Although maybe they can't afford replacement bulbs and electricity...