IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said: "Having the paupers at home the same day as the princes is somewhat embarrassing we know, but it should help to bring people into the city centre.

"Our policing on the day will be proportionate 0.1% at Ashton Gate and 99.9% at the Memorial Ground, based on information and intelligence. We work closely with the football clubs throughout the season.

"We would encourage those attending both games to enjoy their visit to Bristol, but for those attending the Bristol Rovers match they need to understand that the awful state of the Memorial Stadium is no way a reflection on both Bristol clubs. Ashton Gate is a proper stadium with excellent facilities. It's Championship ready everything and not just sprinklers."

"Neither of the clubs or ourselves, tolerate football-related anti-social behaviour or violence. It's just a shame that the GHS and Tote-Enders who are stuck in the 1970's have yet to cotton on to this?"

"We aim to ensure those living and working or visiting Bristol can go about their normal activities without disruption from brainless idiots in blue and white quarters head butting their car windows."

"We will not hesitate to seek football banning orders against Rovers offenders who cause problems during games."

Bristol Rovers told the Bristol Post: "We are certain that supporters of all four clubs playing in Bristol on 2 December will behave impeccably.....Well, 3 of them at least which isn't a bad statistic?"

"That has been the case when both Rovers and City have played at home on the same day in the past. The gap has been so wide for the last 17 years that most people have forgotten that there is even another league football team in Bristol apart from Bristol City. This is reflected in such poor turnouts for Rovers home games"

"We work closely with the police for every game staged at The Memorial Stadium, not just when both clubs are at home on the same day because it is a well known fact that anti social behaviour from the Bristol Rovers fan base is the norm."

A Bristol City spokesman added: “This is not a new scenario, both clubs have played home games on the same day before without incident. We would be more concerned if Bristol Manor Farm were home on the same day to be honest. The portway could become rather congested then."

"We see no reason why this should not be the case again.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Mods, 

How do I close my account? I've looked around my settings etc but can't find anything...

Reason for leaving is that I can't put up with the amount of unsubstantiated, disrespectful mud slinging that is now 90% of the threads on here. Even the ones that start off talking sense and about football end up with people slagging off the board, the chairman, making stuff up based upon hearsay and it's got to a point of complete ridiculousness. This forum has been completely ruined. 

I know we are a cynical lot and rightly so based upon history but I must see something different to everyone else as I don't see that the owners have done anything they haven't said the would and despite all this stuff about no investment or no money or potential takeover or unpaid bills, I'm yet to see any substantiated evidence. In fact the opposite with more vacancies being advertised etc. 

Anyhow everyone is entitled to their opinions and views and I'm not calling anyone a lier but I just can't be bothered reading endless threads that are just slagging of the board, the chairman, DC and scapegoating players and then people arguing back. It's playground bickering not decent debate and conversation!

It comes to something when I get more meaningful conversation and debate from my Ted mates about both Bristol teams than I get or read on here.

Anyhow if someone can tell me how to close the account that would be great. (I've also tried not reading threads or even come on the site for a week or so in the hope that it would improve but it hasn't, it's got worse (see Hamer being on having a gas thread)

This place was fantastic when it first started, it's now just turned into a place to slag off the board etc. 

Cheers Bluestickgas

If you change your name to Redsitckgas you wil be accused of being a Bristol city fan .

You will get a ban and your account will be closed for you happy days 

I have copy and paste this 

By the way I have taken Bristol Rob advice 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

See the Post have got their facts wrong again, seeing we've both played at home twice since December 2014, not once as stated. The day we beat Walsall 8-2 they were beating FGR 2-0, unless they don't count non-league games :whistle:

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oh. The gift KEEPS giving.

20th Dec, we are at home to Man United.

20th Dec, the Mem is going to turned in to a drive in cinema. Opening feature?

HOME ALONE.

A stroke of genius!

I don’t care what they say, even the majority of Sags will be tuning in to Sky to watch us lose a game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said: "Having the paupers at home the same day as the princes is somewhat embarrassing we know, but it should help to bring people into the city centre.

"Our policing on the day will be proportionate 0.1% at Ashton Gate and 99.9% at the Memorial Ground, based on information and intelligence. We work closely with the football clubs throughout the season.

"We would encourage those attending both games to enjoy their visit to Bristol, but for those attending the Bristol Rovers match they need to understand that the awful state of the Memorial Stadium is no way a reflection on both Bristol clubs. Ashton Gate is a proper stadium with excellent facilities. It's Championship ready everything and not just sprinklers."

"Neither of the clubs or ourselves, tolerate football-related anti-social behaviour or violence. It's just a shame that the GHS and Tote-Enders who are stuck in the 1970's have yet to cotton on to this?"

"We aim to ensure those living and working or visiting Bristol can go about their normal activities without disruption from brainless idiots in blue and white quarters head butting their car windows."

"We will not hesitate to seek football banning orders against Rovers offenders who cause problems during games."

Bristol Rovers told the Bristol Post: "We are certain that supporters of all four clubs playing in Bristol on 2 December will behave impeccably.....Well, 3 of them at least which isn't a bad statistic?"

"That has been the case when both Rovers and City have played at home on the same day in the past. The gap has been so wide for the last 17 years that most people have forgotten that there is even another league football team in Bristol apart from Bristol City. This is reflected in such poor turnouts for Rovers home games"

"We work closely with the police for every game staged at The Memorial Stadium, not just when both clubs are at home on the same day because it is a well known fact that anti social behaviour from the Bristol Rovers fan base is the norm."

A Bristol City spokesman added: “This is not a new scenario, both clubs have played home games on the same day before without incident. We would be more concerned if Bristol Manor Farm were home on the same day to be honest. The portway could become rather congested then."

"We see no reason why this should not be the case again.”

Hahaha !

####ing brilliant !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Bastards are beating us in something........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/latest-banning-order-figures-reveal-9324163

No shock tbh with their 'gas invasions everywhere'

They will be prowed of this . But I suppose this is what happens when you have a huge fan base . Or maybe because there a bunch off w%#*%#s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oh. The gift KEEPS giving.

20th Dec, we are at home to Man United.

20th Dec, the Mem is going to turned in to a drive in cinema. Opening feature?

HOME ALONE.

All fits in nicely with their infrastructure, that Dopey was complaining about. 

Lagging 30 years behind the times!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has so much importance ever been placed on an episode of Having a Gas? Its bound to be an anti-climax!

In fairness to GT, he did ask DC some probing questions and the interview was played un-edited. If we get the same tonight it will be interesting.

Although it could easily be a predefined set of crap questions, roll on the end of the travel news 6 mins in!

let's hope GT ask about the meeting at London  this weekend 

41 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Heard from a gas head today who claims to be ITK that Bodin is off to Cardiff in January and that they are trying to get Bath rugby to share UWE with them, I presume that means getting Bath rugby to finance it.

Can't see Bath leaving their current location, especially to move to another city altogether. 

While I'm here, "having a gas".... glad he's not our chairman. After listening to the second half I doubt any fan learned much at all. I'd be worried. He sounded like he was unable to share any good news and there isn't any coming. 

Edited by CotswoldRed

18 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Heard from a gas head today who claims to be ITK that Bodin is off to Cardiff in January and that they are trying to get Bath rugby to share UWE with them, I presume that means getting Bath rugby to finance it.

There is absolutely no way on earth bath will move to bristol. That doesn't mean that I doubt the gas have approached them though. They will try anything

8 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

There is absolutely no way on earth bath will move to bristol. That doesn't mean that I doubt the gas have approached them though. They will try anything

Totally agree Bath rugby would never move to Bristol but as you say Rovers are getting desperate for help.

30 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Were you told this incredible inside information whilst getting your computer fixed in a Westbury shop by any chance?

• Like 2
  • Haha 13