IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Look at this post below, it’s hilarious...in particular the last sentence “we didn’t set the expectations here, Wael did”.

Presumably by ‘we’ he/she means the fans. The very same fans who were spanking the monkey all over Social Media when the Al Qadis arrived. They (the fans) were  making ridiculous claims about being the 6th richest club in the country, on par with Chelsea and Man Utd, Bigger, richer club than City could ever be.

Whilst Al Qadi was talking about evolution, Gasheads were busy writing cheques Wally couldn’t cash. So it is your fault Gasheads, shouldn’t have so massively cocky, should you?

8C0BA525-5BA9-49BB-8269-F43E467087BC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Almost word for word and only slightly paraphrased

Geoff – is the club paying interest to Dwaine Sports or anyone else on that loan?

Hamer – the club has a notional, (he repeated) notional, which is never drawn down (but didn’t exactly say what it was), but is set in place, but the reason is if it was equity then obviously it is non recoverable but it could be perceived as a loan if you like its not drawn down and it’s not damaging the finances of the football club, but eventually if the club were ever to arrive in the Premier League and if the owners believed it was right to repay the loan that they have accrued over a period of time then they have every right to do so.

Hamer - It’s not money that has been received weekly/monthly/yearly, it’s notional and can be drawn or has been accrued as and when they want to do it.

So there you go then, from the proverbial horses (punchers) mouth and of course I believe him - no interest has been paid to date and will only be due when the Gas reach the Premier League.

Sorry that this episode of Jackonary was on so long after your bedtime, but I have no reason to doubt Mr Hamer and why should I!

Oh and yes, Mr Hamer as an after dinner speaker?

I’m glad I haven’t attended some of the earlier posters diners and that’s coming from someone who has had the misfortune of hearing Norman Collier as an after dinner speaker.

And fortunately the Wheel Tappers & Shunters Club was well before most of OTIB’s followers time!!!!

Rovers are letting the Mem become a drive in movie theatre by The Bristol Outdoor Cinema Company.  They will be showing Home alone and Love actually.

I'm sure they could be showing something move appropriate like One flew over the cuckoo's nest or 2004's Mind The Gap.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/film/bristol-rovers-memorial-stadium-being-820439

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

Rovers are letting the Mem become a drive in movie theatre by The Bristol Outdoor Cinema Company.  They will be showing Home alone and Love actually.

I'm sure they could be showing something move appropriate like One flew over the cuckoo's nest or 2004's Mind The Gap.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/film/bristol-rovers-memorial-stadium-being-820439

This could be a fun game, how about Brewsters Millions or Trading Places? My favourite would be The Million Pound Note, a film where someone is given £1m but he can't spend it because it's all in one note, just like those gasheads waiting for their "billionaires" to start opening the vaults.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This could be a fun game, how about Brewsters Millions or Trading Places? My favourite would be The Million Pound Note, a film where someone is given £1m but he can't spend it because it's all in one note, just like those gasheads waiting for their "billionaires" to start opening the vaults.

v1.bTsxMTIzMTI3ODtqOzE3NTg5OzEyMDA7MTE2MTsxNTQ4.jpeg.157029872b761c9f4e80dc3e59737f0b.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chucky said:

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

£20 per clapped out Fiat Uno to watch two films that will be shown 715678 times over Christmas on the same night that we are home to Manchester United in the quarter finals of the League Cup.

Yes they really are coming for us.

Hope they don't have to drive the Uno onto the swamp to watch Love Alone and Home Actually, they would sink up to the hub caps. 

Having pondered overnight, I guess we are no worse-off than we were 18 months ago with the wonga loan coming to maturity and the possibility of administration only months away. I guess the budget is bigger than it would have been under Higgs and DC has a stronger medical team and we have a development squad albeit one run on a shoe-string. We may in 18 months have use of a basic but functional training ground. So I guess we are marginally better off than we were even if promises were not delivered and it's questionable if they ever will,

I guess we now know a little more about how the club is run by the owners. We now know the Hani definately controls the purse strings at DS and he calls all the big decisions and Hamer and our FD have to persuade Hani of the need and prudence of every penny of the family's money put into the club by way of an interest baring secured loan. We know the interest is not paid but rolled up into the loan. We know Wael is a football fan but has little say and we know Hani is a banker who is not a football fan and that he is trying to manage the family investment in a way that protects the family's wealth and that one day in the future the loan may be recalled, when and how that might be handled we do not know. We know that the future of the club is in Hani's hands not Wael's and that evolution may result in a club very different to the one we expected and hoped for.

Will know know that the Mem. redevelopment is years away and may never happen in the way we had expected or hoped, we know the dream of a top-six budget has gone. We will go forward knowing not to expect any communication from our holding company (DS) and that we will operate on tight budgets and will always operate in an uncertain environment with the owners intentions never being clear or certain and with the ongoing risk of Hani one day in the future seeking to recoup the family's secured loan to the club. We operate in a strange situation of a family, with no real interest in football, investing in a club they bought for Wael but will not allow Wael to fully own or operate. The club goes forward in hope without any business plan and with difficult communication channels with the owners (DS).

Can't say it's a good situation and it's certainly an unusual one and not one I like but we are where we are and personally I have little faith that things will improve and it's just that much harder to dream about the future. It's all sounds like Hani is trying to operated as a private equity fund but without any real plan of how the investment will ever come good or be realised.

Pretty much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

From Duckmoor Road to Wells Street. Number 26 ain't being visited by Sarah Beeney any time soon. 

Fine if you like that area. Each to their own. If it was near the Mem many would be slating it. 

Jesus mate......you've managed to slate a whole area based on a couple of streets. Next time you're down there, open your eyes beyond the Natch wall.......

Historical park looking across to Ashton Court and the Suspension Bridge, Victorian terraced houses selling at 400/500k, Bustling and "gentrified" North Street with all the amenities, large street networks of good order housing/communities, new developments planned for Mercedes garage, old brewery site, wickes site etc

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Who knows what might have happened?

I'll guess that the UWE delegation would have been accused of being swayed by old man Wally and his fancy hotel.

I would have guessed that those that would have gone would have been personally wealthier IF they HAD made the trip, if you get my drift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Jesus mate......you've managed to slate a whole area based on a couple of streets. Next time you're down there, open your eyes beyond the Natch wall.......

Historical park looking across to Ashton Court and the Suspension Bridge, Victorian terraced houses selling at 400/500k, Bustling and "gentrified" North Street with all the amenities, large street networks of good order housing/communities, new developments planned for Mercedes garage, old brewery site, wickes site etc

He's just upset because back in the 80s he was sold a dodgy washing machine by a little cockney bloke with a yellow, three wheeled van on Duckmoor.

• Haha 10

On 7/30/2017 at 07:17, CotswoldRed said:

While Bristolians keep having babies there are always new tossers adding to the fold.

The Dutch are generally bloody lovely people, even when on tour. I doubt the validity of this 'report'. 

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

As you can see above, it's not the first time this particular poster has criticised the City of Bristol or it's natives.

Right, couldn't listen to GT and not read every relevant post so can someone put me right here.

1) They (the family) have a charge against the stadium to protect their interest.

2) They have interest building , but only being added to the loan

If this is right, won't they get to a point where the charge and interest becomes larger than the assets of the club and so makes it unfeasible to carry on, specially in the eyes of a Banker. 

Edit:The original post was 'posted' too early sorry

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Blazing Saddles?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Right, couldn't listen to GT and not read every relevant post so can someone put me right here.

1) They (the family) have a charge against the stadium to protect their interest.

in real basic terms they are more tinpot then they ever have been, their "billionaire" has been confirmed to be a fake shiek, The family can call the loan in at any time and when that happens so does bankruptcy and the gas become homeless,

Basically everything we warned them about since Weal came in is true

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

in real basic terms they are more tinpot then they ever have been, their "billionaire" has been confirmed to be a fake shiek, The family can call the loan in at any time and when that happens so does bankruptcy and the gas become homeless,

Basically everything we warned them about since Weal came in is true

Plus , their savour Wael , is just a stooge. He gets to enjoy the adulation of gullible gAss , while having no real power over the money
(6th richest club init :rofl2br:).
I would like to know how they have spent £12m  SINCE the take over. If they count Dwayne Sports purchase of the train ground, could they include anything that the family has bought in the time since the takeover? They may as well as the club wouldn't own that either.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Plus , their savour Wael , is just a stooge. He gets to enjoy the adulation of gullible gAss , while having no real power over the money
(6th richest club init :rofl2br:).
I would like to know how they have spent £12m  SINCE the take over. If they count Dwayne Sports purchase of the train ground, could they include anything that the family has bought in the time since the takeover? They may as well as the club wouldn't own that either.

You simply have no idea of the price of Championship ready sprinklers. And don't get me started about the cost of carpet cleaning ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wouldn't the original purchase count as part of that £12M as well as repaying the previous board? essentially, they've put new curtains up and paid some bloke with a big Vax to clean the carpets.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Have a read of this, cracking thread :laughcont:

Liking this one...

'The thing that worries me more than anything else is the lack of younger people down the Rovers. Even in Little Stoke & Patchway, which have always been Rovers strongholds, you see more and more younger people wearing City shirts.' :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

2) They have interest building , but only being added to the loan

If this is right, won't they get to a point where the charge and interest becomes larger than the assets of the club and so makes it unfeasible to carry on, specially in the eyes of a Banker. 

Edit:The original post was 'posted' too early sorry

That’s a good summary. I would suggest the Al Qadis have set the £10M limit on their overdraft/loan and are having to think very hard about whether to support future losses beyond the value of their security, at this very moment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Liking this one...

'The thing that worries me more than anything else is the lack of younger people down the Rovers. Even in Little Stoke & Patchway, which have always been Rovers strongholds, you see more and more younger people wearing City shirts.' :thumbsup:

That " blue third" of Bristol is gradually (and appropriately) becoming the blue quarter of Bristol..

• Like 2

Just now, GrahamC said:

That " blue third" of Bristol is gradually (and appropriately) becoming the blue quarter of Bristol..

I don't think it's even a quarter any more Graham. I live in a supposedly 'gas' area (BS30) and all the kids wear our red and white nowadays, I rarely see a blue rag.

The gashead's concern is genuine IMHO and if I were one of them ( yeuch!!), it would be of great concern. Luckily I'm a red so it's brilliant! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1