IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

This guy MUST be lying....I'm not having this........... (6:52)  :P

'Not much noise from the away fans, I expected more from them'. Surely this is wrong? The faithful and true are the 'bestest fans in the world' aren't they? The lad pretty much said ro**rs were crap as well, I like the fella! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Swindon (a)

Preston (h)

Crewe (a)

Colchester (a)

Sheff Utd (h).

I remember after the Sheff Utd defeat Sagheads joyfully telling me the “wheels had come off”. We didnt lose again in the remaining 3 months of the season.

Another great prediction that they got wrong. Here’s some more:

”this time next year shitheads...”

”a new era is coming...”

”Lansdown is gonna pull the plug...”

“We’re going to be  biggest and richest club in Bristol”

”Taylor will never go to da shit”

and 

“WEVE GOT OUR STADIIIUUUMMM”

"Oh Yessss!!!!"

57 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Two years ago today they became the 6th richest club in the country.

Tick tock.

MTG 

Read the interview with Wally in The Post.

A lesson in how to say absolutely nothing to a series of powder puff questions. 

I'm going to guess the fewers are lapping this up and thinking everything is great.

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"People keep on saying we don't have a plan B or C, but we do have a plan B, C, D and E. We all know that we need new facilities and we are working hard behind the scenes to achieve that, it's going to take time."

Well that's a surprise.

You mock as though it’s easy to upgrade the quality of bog roll. As though it grows on trees..!

THESE THINGS TAKE TIME!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miser said:

Full stadium update in the evil post ! Substantial progress made. They're now on plan F (but can't talk about it). I reckon given the 26 letters in the alphabet, Wally thinks he can string this out for a few more years 

I am looking forward to the next plan after F .... all those white plastic chairs could even get replaced ...

GPlan.thumb.png.545736893ac5f4e17f657bac49aceffd.png

• Haha 1

Kind of a nothing interview - kind of suggesting things were happening when there was nothing really.

Still no stadium news, just somethings happening in the background (same as the last X years)

Bought a training ground - um no you bought some fields and pitch, still no training ground being built there or plans.

DC 5 year contract - again old news and meaningless, as the club can get rid of him whenever they want, or he can leave whenever he wants and both parties will get their 1 year compensation as per most of these types of contract. They might as well have announced they gave him a 100 year contract, would mean the same.

Development team, same old bringing the squad numbers back up after shedding players over the years due to costs.

Back room staff, same old, bringing them back up to normal numbers after shedding staff over the years due to costs.

DC got the players he wanted. Hmmm I suspect he would have liked more / better but had to settle, or was what we saw really the pinnacle of his teams transfer policy/targets.

just treading water, I imagine the Rovers fans will lap up the old rehashed news as "Amazeballs" but it's just nothing.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Kind of a nothing interview - kind of suggesting things were happening when there was nothing really.

Still no stadium news, just somethings happening in the background (same as the last X years)

Bought a training ground - um no you bought some fields and pitch, still no training ground being built there or plans.

DC 5 year contract - again old news and meaningless, as the club can get rid of him whenever they want, or he can leave whenever he wants and both parties will get their 1 year compensation as per most of these types of contract. They might as well have announced they gave him a 100 year contract, would mean the same.

Development team, same old bringing the squad numbers back up after shedding players over the years due to costs.

Back room staff, same old, bringing them back up to normal numbers after shedding staff over the years due to costs.

DC got the players he wanted. Hmmm I suspect he would have liked more / better but had to settle, or was what we saw really the pinnacle of his teams transfer policy/targets.

just treading water, I imagine the Rovers fans will lap up the old rehashed news as "Amazeballs" but it's just nothing.

They are all over it like Stuart Sinclair delving into a bin outside McDonalds.

Nothing is happening at all and there are no concrete updates as these things take a considerable amount of time, however, the less that happens the lovelier and lovelier Wally gets. He gets more lovely every time. What a lovely bloke. Rovers are going down the toilet but who cares? Wally is lovely. Quick, let's all go down Gloucester Road with him held high on our shoulders. Who needs a football club when you have got a lovely lovely lovely Wally?

Wally, lovely bloke. Lovely. Let's have a Wally love-in.....

How lovely is Wally? Lovely bloke.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Fiale said:

Regarding the 5 year contract,if you only get 1 years pay if your sacked why do managers up and down the country sign 2,3 and 5 year deals?

Whats the point if what you say is true?

Surely every contract from guardiola to mark mcghee would just be 1 year if what your saying is true?

9 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Regarding the 5 year contract,if you only get 1 years pay if your sacked why do managers up and down the country sign 2,3 and 5 year deals?

Whats the point if what you say is true?

Surely every contract from guardiola to mark mcghee would just be 1 year if what your saying is true?

The answer is quite simple , If You dont sign the contract you don't get the job , standard practice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

The answer is quite simple , If You dont sign the contract you don't get the job , standard practice. 

Managers who are already in a job sign extensions to their contracts,why bother if its only worth a year anyway?

14 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Managers who are already in a job sign extensions to their contracts,why bother if its only worth a year anyway?

because there will be clauses in the contract including wage increase, renumeration etc - so if you want you % increase each year, or a larger win bonus, position bonus for the next 2-3 years you sign the contract. You get offered extensions if your doing well, you get as much as you can whilst your stock is high. But in those contracts will be clauses on what happens if either party wishes to part ways, that is what the club will give the manager if they bin him, or compensation that your next club pay your current if they poach you.

Forget Darrell Clarkes contract the main focus is  all on what a lovely bloke Wally is. 

Over on Asschat Henbury Gas has even managed to dribble a bit of juice usually only available for re-runs of that Rickie Lambert goal or the Windass wonder goal.

The levels of enthusiasm and excitement over absolutely nothing concrete about anything goes beyond delusional.

It is mind blowing to see how over the top they are when all they have been fed is the same old shite that was brought up 3 or 4 months ago.

Don't they even think to question anything? How top secret is all this behind the scenes stuff at Prowed Park FFS? It's hardly in the interests of National Security or anything like that?!

How come no other clubs adopt this secretive cloak and dagger approach? There must be something in the water in Kingswood for that lot to act like they have brains like goldfish.

So, they've been looking at Project Managers for redeveloping the Mem. Well they should stop staring and bloody employ some of them!

They have bought a piece of ground with some old goalmouths on it and have had a war over building a fence - apart from that sweet FA.

Darrell got the players he wanted - obviously within the Poundland budget, so where has the BB money gone??????

What a bunch of lemmings!

Oh, but how nice is Wally? Lovely bloke! Dear oh dear oh dear.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/02/2018 at 19:26, slartibartfast said:

Rather fitting, I thought .........

Slarti. I'm very disappointed in you. 

I got all excited that the first chart single I ever bought with my pocket money, had somehow been selected. What's more there was a video of it! 

Imagine my surprise when instead of hearing Kites by Simon Dupree and the Big Sound I was treated to a follow up featuring Captain Feathersword from The Wiggles. He might be a gentle giant but that's prog rock for you.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Forget Darrell Clarkes contract the main focus is  all on what a lovely bloke Wally is. 

Over on Asschat Henbury Gas has even managed to dribble a bit of juice usually only available for re-runs of that Rickie Lambert goal or the Windass wonder goal.

The levels of enthusiasm and excitement over absolutely nothing concrete about anything goes beyond delusional.

It is mind blowing to see how over the top they are when all they have been fed is the same old shite that was brought up 3 or 4 months ago.

Don't they even think to question anything? How top secret is all this behind the scenes stuff at Prowed Park FFS? It's hardly in the interests of National Security or anything like that?!

How come no other clubs adopt this secretive cloak and dagger approach? There must be something in the water in Kingswood for that lot to act like they have brains like goldfish.

So, they've been looking at Project Managers for redeveloping the Mem. Well they should stop staring and bloody employ some of them!

They have bought a piece of ground with some old goalmouths on it and have had a war over building a fence - apart from that sweet FA.

Darrell got the players he wanted - obviously within the Poundland budget, so where has the BB money gone??????

What a bunch of lemmings!

Oh, but how nice is Wally? Lovely bloke! Dear oh dear oh dear.

I think you are forgetting what a bloody nice bloke Wally is..!

He’s SO nice. He wouldn’t possibly lead them up the garden path. 

I’m actually struggling to think of a nicer bloke in football. Actually, scrub that... is there a nicer guy anywhere on the planet..?! 

He’s such a nice guy that I’d happily sell him my daughter and lend him my wife, whenever he fancies a pop. In fact, it would be an honour to clean up his mess when he’s finished with her. After I’ve made him a cup of tea and popped to the shop to get him some fancy biscuits. 

How lucky are they to have such a thoroughly top bloke in charge of their club..? 

Oh shit! They’ve got no money for players, stadium development, training facilities, or wages...! Oops! 

Oh well, I’m sure that Wally will sort it all out when the time comes, seeing as he’s a really top notch geezer. 

Hey, why’s my wife tied to the bed, wearing a Chelsea shirt...?! :laugh:, he’s such a scamp, that lovely Wally..! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Slarti. I'm very disappointed in you. 

I got all excited tspain to get over your dissopointment.hat the first chart single I ever bought with my pocket money, had somehow been selected. What's more there was a video of it! 

Imagine my surprise when instead of hearing Kites by Simon Dupree and the Big Sound I was treated to a follow up featuring Captain Feathersword from The Wiggles. He might be a gentle giant but that's prog rock for you.

Take two weeks in Spain to get over your disappointment  !:cool: