IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like I've missed this, so their piece of shit ground that consists of a few tents, 3 plastic seats, a gazebo, some speakers, a couple of racist chants and horse punching is only 74% full? 

Saw an absoloute beauty of a SAG on twitter suggest they use to take up to 2,500 fans to Griffin Park when they were in the championship.(when dinosaurs roamed the earth). Their end only holds 1,600 fans.. 

Truly a simple bunch.

Were Brentford even in the 2nd Division the last time Rovers were 25 years ago?

Still, it's not like a Saghead to lie through his teeth about attendances...

Oh wait...yes it is, it's their favourite hobby.

Speaking of lies, 'Jarman' who made the original 95% claim hasn't responded to my post even though he's since contributed on another thread. They seem to just come on here, spout bullshit that their mates on Slagchat have told them and then go missing when you prove them wrong.

Its 'what they do'.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Speaking of lies, 'Jarman' who made the original 95% claim hasn't responded to my post even though he's since contributed on another thread. They seem to just come on here, spout bullshit that their mates on Slagchat have told them and then go missing when you prove them wrong.

Its 'what they do'.

Plus, they've never played in the championship despite this being the 14th season since its inception.

41 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good point. If they reckon they've played in the Championship then we've had a couple of spells in the Premier League. 

Thats true though isnt it?

Does calling a league by a different name make it any different.

Division 1 is the same as the premier league

div 2 the championship and league one is the poxy third division.

Makes me laugh when they say alan shearer was the all time top premier league goalscorer,he wasnt jimmy greaves scored loads more goals.

36 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Makes me laugh when they say alan shearer was the all time top premier league goalscorer,he wasnt jimmy greaves scored loads more goals.

Did Jimmy Greaves even play a game after 1992, when football started..?! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Its 'what they do'.

When they spout their lies on their own sites, there's no opposition, just kindred spirits who like to tell themselves how great they are. They can spout any old crap and their fellow losers lap it up. It's become the norm for them as they don't let fans of other clubs onto their forums, unlike proper clubs.

They're an embarrassment TBH.

8 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

What, like calling the Banarama Conference "division 5" ?

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2018 at 06:36, Rudolf Hucker said:

"People keep on saying we don't have a plan B or C, but we do have a plan B, C, D and E. We all know that we need new facilities and we are working hard behind the scenes to achieve that, it's going to take time."

Well that's a surprise.

What happened to plans U, W, E?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Just stumbled across this beaut...

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
13 hours ago
Strange Gas said:
Can you buy over phone? I wanna go but can’t get to Mem with voucher before Saturday 

Yes you can, but it is complicated.  You have to phone up and pay - they reserve the tickets in your name BUT they won't release the tickets to you until you POST the appropriate voucher to them (Voucher K, I think).  You also have to send them a self addressed and stamped envelope too.  When they receive your voucher, they send you the tickets in the SAE envelop that you have sent them.  

Alternatively you can just take a risk that there will be some left in the shop on Saturday.

:rofl2br:

#tinpot.

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
13 hours ago
Strange Gas said:
Can you buy over phone? I wanna go but can’t get to Mem with voucher before Saturday 

Yes you can, but it is complicated.  You have to phone up and pay - they reserve the tickets in your name BUT they won't release the tickets to you until you POST the appropriate voucher to them (Voucher K, I think).  You also have to send them a self addressed and stamped envelope too.  When they receive your voucher, they send you the tickets in the SAE envelop that you have sent them.  

Alternatively you can just take a risk that there will be some left in the shop on Saturday.

Staggering. 20 years behind the times.

20 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

slam Avatar
slam
Reserve Team
13 hours ago
Strange Gas said:

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

#tinpot.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Staggering. 20 years behind the times.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Send them a SAE? What is this, the Multi-Coloured Swap Shop?!?

37 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

These things take time plus 20 years.

18 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Yeah, I'll swap the ground and the entire team for my "Eagle eyes" Action man with gripping hands.

Bristol Rovers have just announced that Football Manager 2018 is going to be available for all 8.5k + 20k + 46k of their fan base.

The play by mail details are in the post.....2nd class.

On 2/22/2018 at 08:33, myol'man said:

Second verse of their anthem;

Some times I live in the country
Some times I live in town
Some times I take a great notion
To jump in the river and drown

:gasmask:

“You cause me to weep, you cause me to mourn, you cause me to leave my home” is rather fitting also.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

1992-93 season; Rovers & Brentford relegated together from the 2nd tier. It was titled "Division 1" then as the Prem had just started causing the League to retitle their divisions..

Here's a good 'un.......

" We’re a fantastic club with loyal fans who support our club through thick and thin whether we’ve got a great manager a pathetic one , good owners , bad ones we never turn our back on our club unlike the 82ers.
11,000 saw us relegated from the football league we averaged about 7,000
non league and we’ve bounced back to league 1 with the help of that loyal support.
I’d recommend the north terrace behind the goal if you like
atmosphere and standing it holds 4000 and there’s a bar behind it and the foods decent too.
The toilets are crap so have a turn out before you arrive.
FTG. "

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Here's a good 'un.......

" We’re a fantastic club with loyal fans who support our club through thick and thin whether we’ve got a great manager a pathetic one , good owners , bad ones we never turn our back on our club unlike the 82ers.
non league and we’ve bounced back to league 1 with the help of that loyal support.
atmosphere and standing it holds 4000 and there’s a bar behind it and the foods decent too.
FTG. "

******* hate the arrogance of them tbh. Gets up my nose that they still think they're loyal and fantastic and faithful, rather than just exactly the same as every other club in the country. Strange lot.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

******* hate the arrogance of them tbh. Gets up my nose that they still think they're loyal and fantastic and faithful, rather than just exactly the same as every other club in the country. Strange lot.

They averaged 6,628 for that season. Lowest crowd was 4861. Highest was their last game at 11,065. Total for the season was 152,440.......which is equal to about 7 of our attendances this season.

If we averaged 20,500 in the League this season that would give us 471,500 over 23 games.

53 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Here's a good 'un.......

FTG. "

11000 saw them relegated? Trying to make it sound like they knew they were going down...

The boneheads were throwing a party before that Mansfield game to celebrate staying up by the skin of their teeth....or so they thought. :laughcont:

They didn’t average 7000 in Non League, or the year before when their team really needed them. You look at their average attendances over the years and there’s loads of 5/6000s. Pathetic support for a club in one of the biggest City’s in England.

We get relegated to L1 with that clown O’Driscoll in charge after one of the most depressing seasons in my memory and we sell 8500 STs. They get promoted to L1 with the club on a high with new supposedly ‘wealthy’ owners promising all sorts and only manage to sell a poxy 5000 STs. Gasheads have been turning their backs on their club for decades.

They aren’t anything special, small club with bitter fans pretending to be more loyal than everyone else despite the fact they can’t even fill their tiny ground when they’re doing reasonably well.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"11,000 saw us relegated from the football league ..."

The official attendance at their epic relegation match vs the mighty Mansfield was just 10,594 including away supporters and we're told, "a load of Teds". I guess that nearer only 10,000 of their supporters were there to witness the birth of the 15ers. No doubt there would have been more of them present had they only put sae's in with their ticket applications.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Here's a good 'un.......

FTG. "

Their average attendance season 87/88 was 3,246, 88/89 was 3,657.

Another day, another whopping lie.

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I’d recommend the north terrace behind the goal if you like having the wind battering your face and standing becauae of the sgoetage of garden chairs. it holds 4000 although it's rarely half full and there’s a bar behind it and the foods never in date and we are waiting for it to be shut down by the H&S exec.
FTG. "

Others have commented on the rest of the inaccuracies, but I thought I would correct this bit for them.