IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, 22A said:

21 year old Jason Roberts came on loan from Wolves. McCarthy and Roberts contributed to City’s goals at Wycombe. Roberts scored in the next game and then disappeared without a word! There was a tournament taking place in the Caribbean and he was eligible for Grenada. City sacked him and the following season he joined the Rovers.

And has been a total cock ever since, must be the g*s influence.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And has been a total cock ever since, must be the g*s influence.

He once walked up to my mate’s girlfriend in a bar in Bristol and said “Hi, I’m Jason Roberts, I play for Bristol Rovers” - she said “Really? That’s nice” and walked away - who the hell would be impressed with that chat up line?!

53 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Post R*vers reporter quits, saying I can't watch this 5h!te any longer;

Jack VittlesVerified account @JackVittles Apr 28

More

In place for my final match covering Rovers at the Mem 

They’ve reserved him a white plastic chair in the tent and given him and out of date packet of crisps.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just a thought. If Asda and Sainsbury's merge does this give Gashead more shopping options or less?

I think this merger has come about as a result of their loyal and true fans` boycott of Sainsbury`s. Obviously it`s had a huge impact on their turnover and they are now being forced to seek financial support elsewhere. It`s either merge with Asda or go bust I reckon.

Apparently they first noticed that something was up when sales of White Lightning and spaghetti hoops plummeted.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Our average gate when we won league one by a mile was 12,000 ,there average in 12th position is nearly 9,000.

Not bad  with the stadium development andboff the back of a run of shite seasons 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not bad  with the stadium development andboff the back of a run of shite seasons 

Was sold out every game wasn't it?

Irrelevant now mind, we're averaging 20k! 20 ******* thousand!

5 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Our average gate when we won league one by a mile was 12,000 ,there average in 12th position is nearly 9,000.

So what was our capacity that season?

Lets not pretend that the redevelopment works weren’t happening. Did you visit Ashton Gate that season? If you did, surely you noticed how many times we had sold the full allocation of home tickets? 

The following season we had, statistically, the most full stadium on average in the league despite spending over half the season in the bottom 3.

Rovers had a decent season (flirting with the Play Offs at one point) with a manager, owners and players they say they’re happy with and they’ve failed to get over 9k home fans in all but 3 games. For a club whose fans claim to be something special whilst constantly slagging off our support that’s pathetic.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Bodin's done okay for us so far, but sense he will be very good next season with a bit more adjustment to the division and a pre-season at Championship level.

You Could be playing in the premier League! 

7 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Bodin's done okay for us so far, but sense he will be very good next season with a bit more adjustment to the division and a pre-season at Championship level.

They all improve when they escape that hell hole 

16 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Don't be so darn negative man; you can still get promotion. Come on Preston, you can do it me babbers.

13 hours ago, Loon plage said:

How many more than 12,000 could have got in with redevelopment and crowd segregation ?

Look at all our more recent average gates in league one,mostly they are 11-12k  but hey it dosnt fit the script so lets pretend it wasnt what it actually was.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Look at all our more recent average gates in league one,mostly they are 11-12k  but hey it dosnt fit the script so lets pretend it wasnt what it actually was.

We sold out the large majority of our games in L1, we had half a ground..